Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 21, 2010, 04:44:06 AM
Giratina

Default Steven Tyler: the new American Idol judge

Multiple sources, including a very inside-music source, confirmed that Steven Tyler, Aerosmith's lead singer, is going to be a judge on the 10th season of American Idol, replacing Paula Abdul. Although Fox officially says "no comment", the source confirms that Tyler finished his negotiations with the show last week, and that the deal is signed and sealed.

Sources: E! Online, Yahoo! News

Also check out: Why Steven Tyler is the new Paula Abdul.

It is still unknown who's going to take the fourth spot as a judge. Last week, after a lot of speculation, People reported that Jennifer Lopez was out of the running due to her reported diva demands for hair, makeup, a styling team and a dressing room compound. However, it is still not 100% confirmed if she's completely out of choice. Additionally, the network is said to be speaking with several "big celeb names" for filling the final spot in the judging table.
Old August 21, 2010, 05:01:18 AM
Shaymin

I guess thats good for him, although I can't say I'm all too excited since I don't watch American Idol.
Old August 22, 2010, 06:12:55 AM
Giratina

I wonder if he's going to be a good judge on Idol though.
By the way, multiple sources are saying that Kara DioGuardi also left the show. I wonder if that means the show will return back to the old '3 judges' system.
Finally, there are rumors currently going on that Mariah Carey might be replacing Ellen DeGeneres as a judge. I'm guessing that's good news?

Last edited by Shadow; August 22, 2010 at 06:15:45 AM.
Old August 22, 2010, 01:15:52 PM
Landorus

They probably told him to be just as strict as Simon. It just wouldn't be fun anymore if there wasn't at least one down-to-earth Judge. It would be like Pet Star.
Old August 23, 2010, 05:07:09 AM
Giratina

I agree with you. It's almost obligatory now for any show to have a strict judge who isn't afraid of presenting his/her opinion no matter how harsh it is. Actually, that's what makes a show more entertaining.