Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 21, 2011, 01:02:59 PM
Regigigas

Default What's a good Fighting (& Rock) counter?

Well, I've decided to actually catch a whole team of 6 Pokemon and train them to level 100 for the first time ever in White. Right now I'm training 3 Pokemon, and I've realized that I have a huge weakness to Fighting-types.

Bold, 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Moves:
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power (Water)

Lonely, not EV trained
Moves:
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Adamant, not EV trained
Moves:
- Curse
- Toxic
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

These three Pokemon would be screwed against Machamp or Conkeldurr or any other fighting type that knows Stone Edge. I want my fourth Pokemon to be something that resists or is immune to Fighting and Rock. I'm thinking either Starmie or Slowbro. Any suggestions?
Old May 26, 2011, 10:30:15 AM
Charizard

Slowbro would be a smart move on your part.
Old June 6, 2011, 02:52:34 PM
Landorus

I am thinking Slowbro/slowking. Teach it trick room and you have a awasome pokemon
Old June 6, 2011, 03:32:18 PM
Kyurem

How about Golurk? It is a physical attacker, immune to Fighting, resists Rock, and is readily available in Unova!
Old June 9, 2011, 02:48:02 PM
Landorus

That two. Basicly any pokemon that can defeat rock and are immune or good against fighting is your way to vuctory Leaftail.
Old June 9, 2011, 05:45:48 PM
Celebi

Slowbro is your best option and I will give you a set to use that I use myself.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def
~Flamethower
~Ice Beam
~Psyshock
~Scald

This set is amazing and with Regenerator it is icing on the cake so Slowbro will almost never faint. But Kaz has a point with Golurk because of its Immunity to Fighting and Resistance to Rock but I have never used one in battle so I dont know a good set or how it will do.

Also you might want to give Ferrothorn Thunder Wave to help cripple your opponents more even though Toxic takes away HP more and more each turn your opponent might switch into a Steel Type Predicting Toxic and you end up having a usless turn. Its your team though so do what you want.

Anyway, good luck on your team and VM me when your done because I wanna battle you!

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; June 10, 2011 at 02:33:57 AM.
Old June 9, 2011, 06:05:56 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
Slowbro is your best option and I will give you a set to use that I use myself.

Slowbro @ Leftovers/Eviolite <---Which ever you want, I use Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def
~Flamethower
~Ice Beam
~Psyshock
~Scald

This set is amazing and with Regenerator it is icing on the cake so Slowbro will almost never faint. But Kaz has a point with Golurk because of its Immunity to Fighting and Resistance to Rock but I have never used one in battle so I dont know a good set or how it will do.

Also you might want to give Ferrothorn Thunder Wave to help cripple your opponents more even though Toxic takes away HP more and more each turn your opponent might switch into a Steel Type Predicting Toxic and you end up having a usless turn. Its your team though so do what you want.

Anyway, good luck on your team and VM me when your done because I wanna battle you!
Uh you do know that Eviolite doesn't work on Slowbro right? It isn't capable of evolving anymore, so it doesn't do anything.
Old June 9, 2011, 06:29:34 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Uh you do know that Eviolite doesn't work on Slowbro right? It isn't capable of evolving anymore, so it doesn't do anything.
Are you serious! I feel like the biggest idiot ever! It still evolves into SLowking though so why doesnt it work?
Old June 9, 2011, 07:00:03 PM

Quote:
Are you serious! I feel like the biggest idiot ever! It still evolves into SLowking though so why doesnt it work?
Remember, Slowpoke is the one that evolves into Slowking, not Slowbro. Anyway, back on topic, as people have said earlier, Golurk would be an excellent counter to both fighting and rock, as if you switch in on either, it wouldn't take much damage due to its resistances AND bulky nature. It's also good in its offensive capabilities. You wouldn't exactly be going for speed, but most fighting types are pretty speedy in their own right. Sometimes the tanks are the best way to go.
Old June 11, 2011, 03:31:18 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Like Ditto said, Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking. It and Slowking are branch evolutions of Slowpoke, Slowpoke can evolve into either or (analogous to Gardevoir/Gallade and Glalie/Froslass)

If you do use Slowpoke, the set I use involved Trick Room. That will only be advantageous with slower Pokemon. Also, in regards to increasing it's longevity, get one with Slack Off, and give it Leftovers. It will be able to heal through most heavy hits. It's moves could include Psychic (Psyshock isn't too useful against more Defensively-inclined Fighting-types, such as Conkeldurr, which most are), Scald, and Ice Beam (takes care Grass, Flying, and Ground, where as having Flamethrower would primarily be for Steel-types, which Volcarona can defeat).

I do love Golurk, though, so that's also an option.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; June 11, 2011 at 03:34:19 PM.