Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favourite main series game soundtrack?
Red/Green/Blue (And/Or remakes, specify in your post) 3 18.75%
Gold/Silver/Crystal (And/Or remakes, specify in your post) 9 56.25%
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 4 25.00%
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum 1 6.25%
Black/White 5 31.25%
Black2/White2 4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old July 31, 2012, 01:20:53 AM
Charizard

Default Main Games Soundtracks

What is your favourite Soundtrack from the main series games?
What is/are your favourite track(s)?

For me, the soundtrack from Black 2/White 2 is the best.
They generally improved a lot on the soundtrack side with B/W and B2/W2.

The second best soundtrack IMO would have to be HG/SS' soundtrack.
I like how it contains 8-bits versions of mostly every track along with the modern versions (which were very well remade.)

Though I will always have a special spot for the GTS music from Diamond/Pearl.
The amount of time I spent in there in Diamond... the GTS in Black/White just doesn't compare (though that has nothing to do with this thread's subject, so I'll leave it there.)

Edit: Oh, and I really like what they did with the Pokémart music.

Last edited by Pingouin7; July 31, 2012 at 01:26:41 AM.
Old July 31, 2012, 10:11:22 AM
Giratina

HG/SS have an absolutely amazing soundtrack (Including the GBP versions). The Route 26 & 27 theme, and the Route 42-44 themes are awesome, and the Dark Cave music remains one of my favourite tracks ever. Even some of the new tracks, like the Safari Zone theme, are really good, too.

I'm not a huge fan of the B/W soundtrack - Quite a lot of them are far more complicated than the earlier games' tracks so they're difficult to hum to. I do love White version's Opelucid City theme though.

Last edited by Ningamer; July 31, 2012 at 10:12:04 AM.
Old July 31, 2012, 10:14:24 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Quite a lot of them are far more complicated than the earlier games' tracks so they're difficult to hum to.
Lol yeah, try to hum to the Black version of Opelucid City's BGM.
Old July 31, 2012, 10:31:49 AM
Giratina

Black and White 2, the returning themes not included, had my favorite soundtrack. It's fresh and new in different ways than in previous generations, and it's got all this cool guitar and it's rocking and... So many SO MANY things I love about it. Sinnoh's comes in at a close second.
I can easily hum to Black's Opelucid. White... Not so much. It's too sad for me to try.
Old July 31, 2012, 10:37:09 AM
Shaymin

Gold/Silver/Crystal music has always held a place inside me.
And it's the gen where I like all Town, Route and Battle themes.
I never grow tired of hearing Violet/Olivine~ <3

Last edited by Fubab_107; July 31, 2012 at 10:37:26 AM.
Old July 31, 2012, 10:37:10 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Black and White 2, the returning themes not included, had my favorite soundtrack. It's fresh and new in different ways than in previous generations, and it's got all this cool guitar and it's rocking and... So many SO MANY things I love about it.
Oh man, I'm still yet to hear Black 2 and White 2's music. I hope it's as good as you guys are making it out to be. You and your lack of patience
Old July 31, 2012, 09:36:42 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Oh man, I'm still yet to hear Black 2 and White 2's music. I hope it's as good as you guys are making it out to be. You and your lack of patience
Trust me when I say that you will be swarmed with awesome and beautiful new music from the second you turn the game on. But if you're not fluid enough, meaning you can't go with... change well, you can't enjoy the soundtrack.
Old August 4, 2012, 07:28:29 PM
Charizard

So I just... entered... into... possession... (if you know what I mean) of Black 2 & White 2 Super Music Complete.

Disc 4 is full of awesome.
Old August 4, 2012, 08:32:55 PM
Volcarona

The entire fifth generation of Pokémon was such a huge step up musically in style from the previous generations, that I'm gonna have to go with it. Simple as that.
Old August 5, 2012, 08:06:27 AM
Servine

I will have to say the original Red/Blue/Yellow soundtrack is my favorite. Some of the GB Sounds in HGSS just don't quite sound the same... Though HGSS would be second on the list. Pokémon Tower (in Lavender Town), and the Prof. Oak theme, have always been my favorites.

In my honest opinion, they should have a future game (similar to HGSS) where you can hear older soundtracks that aren't edited; so that we can hear the change over time as we play, instead of simply sticking to one Wild Battle theme, and one Gym theme throughout the entire 100+ hours people play. ^-^'
Old August 5, 2012, 09:11:16 AM
Shaymin

I feel like I'm hopping onto the bandwagon when I say this, but it's true... HG/SS had the most gorgeously orchestrated music. Much of the music in those games are The Legend of Zelda quality, which to me, is the highest on the Nintendo music ranks you can go in my books. As a former band-nerd, Route 26/27 is like a music-gasm for my brain.
But then again, I haven't heard any of the BW 2 music (I know, shunned) but if it's techno-like at all, I can't say it'll be able to hold a candle to HG/SS, but we shall see!
Old August 5, 2012, 09:17:04 AM
Giratina

If I hadn't listened to any 5th Gen music at all, HG/SS music would come at a close second for me. Nothing in my heart can beat the feeling of Route 217's music, especially at night. Giratina battle, Dialga/Palkia battle, and the Global Terminal! So many delicious tracks that D/P/Pt gave me. But HG... oh Heart Gold... I won't get in to that, but I'm with you on that Zelda level.
Old August 11, 2012, 10:33:38 PM

I'm a sucker for the G/S/C soundtrack for nostalgia reasons. Don't get me wrong, all the newer games since 4th gen and onwards have really good music, and I loved some of the city themes in B/W. I can't say anything about B/W2 yet since I am deliberately avoiding any and all content from those games until their american release date.

Turning on my Gameboy Advance SP and playing my beloved Crystal cartridge, listening to the gym leader themes...and the trainer battle music when you enter Kanto. Man, I just love it.
Old August 11, 2012, 10:38:40 PM
Celebi

i like the Gold/Silver/Crystal sound track because it the most of my favourite songs on it
The S.S Aqua theme, Red's/Lance's Theme, the Kanto Gym Leader theme
too many tracks to name
Old August 11, 2012, 11:28:32 PM
Regigigas

the hoenn soundtrack really matches the environment and I think it's just a amazing soundtrack
Old August 12, 2012, 12:47:36 AM
Administrator

I voted for all of the above.

It's too hard picking one.
Old August 12, 2012, 12:58:17 AM

I liked the soundtracks from Black and White and GSC the most. (Not HG/SS, I don't think they made the themes sound better)
Old August 13, 2012, 09:09:16 PM
Giratina

Well, I agree with Cat. They're all fabulous. Let me go over what I like about each!
R/B/Y/G- Umm... I never really got in to this Gen, but... Indigo Plateau and Vs. Rival Green were my ultimate favorites.
G/S/C- This had a fresh and nice soundtrack, and I love the calm songs like New Bark and Cherrygrove. Something about the GBC's sound makes me go in to a nostalgic craze, even though the first time I ever looked at one was in 7th grade.
R/S/E and FR/LG- For being my least favorite Generation, this had some pretty amazing music. The horns of Hoenn were a nice bit for that huge adventure vibe. The advance from the GBC allowed for more instruments and that gave way for the piano like in Verdanturf, and the advanced percussion, now more than just a drumset. XYLOPHONE AND STUFF, TOO. And FR/LG was like guitar city. 2nd favorite champion theme is in there.
D/P/Pt- First game, gotta gush. This defined nostalgia for me. I can't really describe this well, but I'll say stuff about my favorites. The transition from day to night was small in most areas, but still made a difference in how the mood was. The strong lower brass really upped the adventure vibe from R/S/E. The piano pieces there were great as well. And with the advanced DS sound, they got even CRAZIER with the music, even making things like Cynthia's theme and Giratina's theme.
B/W- FRESH! NE! EXCITING! That's what the soundtrack told me. FAST! That's what it felt like. (The entire game was REALLY fast paced) FUTURISTIC IN BLACK. TRANQUILITY IN WHITE. Each area was completely different and had some really sweet tunes to go with it, and the changes in song according to season. WELL THOUGHT OUT. And for the first time... a VOICE? Oh yes, top o' the list.
BW2- Okay, B/W WAS top o' the list, but like these 2... well, spoilers. Let's just say 3 words. Awesome. Techno. Guitars.