Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 20, 2010, 07:11:21 PM
Banned

Default A very sad fact -_-

Ok, i find it ammusing that on average gameplay (gametime), it only takes us three days to become a champion and possibly 4 days to become master (which means beat Red). How long has it took Ash? Approximatly 10 years. What do you think of this?
Old August 20, 2010, 07:14:28 PM
Giratina

This was in the wrong forum.. Moved to Pokemon General.

But I don't think it's very surprising. And the game takes longer if you actually take breaks..

But for Ash he only gets an episode a week so I'm not surprised at all.
Old August 20, 2010, 07:50:53 PM
Kyurem

I always go slowly. I did beat the Elite Four in Gold in all of two days, but I usually spend weeks getting to the elite four in more recent games.
Old August 20, 2010, 08:17:00 PM
Volcarona

Well, if you actually timed it out, pretended that the routes are about 10 times as long as they are with the same amount of trainers, and added some time to it for eating, etc. I'm sure that the games would be at least somewhat more accurate.

I guess if ash didn't sleep, eat or do anything but fight and fight and fight, he'd be through the isshu region by now(or doing some pointless task to slow him down and keep him with the release dates anyway).

Last edited by Serenade; August 20, 2010 at 08:18:44 PM.
Old August 21, 2010, 01:55:49 AM
Rayquaza

Actually that is you. I am still playing since March with HeartGold and still I didn't beat Red. It took me 2 months to beat the Elite4, and now it is August, and still, I am playing. I prefer to enjoy each and every part of the game rather than rushing through it.
Old August 21, 2010, 02:46:25 AM
Volcarona

I've had HeartGold since release and I still haven't beaten the Elite Four
Your argument is invalid
Old August 21, 2010, 03:26:21 AM
Shaymin

I didn't beat my game until mid July.

I think it's mainly because I goof around, looking for certain Pokémon, breeding, etc..
Old August 21, 2010, 03:37:16 AM
Giratina

I didn't beat my game until June/July too, because if I get a game which I was really anticipating, I don't rush through it like the other players. I like to enjoy it for as much time as possible.

Last edited by Shadow; August 21, 2010 at 03:43:51 AM.
Old August 21, 2010, 06:05:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
But I don't think it's very surprising. And the game takes longer if you actually take breaks..
^This

Plus, I don't think Ash ever becomes the champ of any region's league besides the orange islands.

Besides! Everybody knows that Red > Ash

Last edited by Quadcentruo; August 21, 2010 at 06:05:54 AM. Reason: I haz bad grammar
Old August 21, 2010, 03:41:04 PM
Haxorus

I take my time with the games, but I never catch Pokémon, and I only raise six party members from the get-go, so my time is cut down from that.

There's something to remember with this sort of issue: Ash has to travel several miles by foot to run from city to city. And most of the time, he's stopped up by someone else's problems, or Team Rocket trying to kidnap Pokémon. If we had the same problems, we'd be halted every now and again too.

Also, we don't really have to stop to eat, or other things like that, since we can do many things while playing the games.

I agree, it shouldn't have taken Ash this long to complete any leg of his journey, but it would take us just as long to run through as many reigns as he has.
Old August 31, 2010, 07:39:51 AM
Volcarona

Ive done alot of philosophical thinking about pokemon in relation to real life. I've said that about three times in my posts on VR today and i cant help but feel like im bragging about it, but meh..

So anyway, a solo journey through a region, from first gym to league, takes about 9 months, since Dawn travels with Ash, and has to make frequent stops at contests and the Grand Festival, the total time for a party of 3 through a region would take about a year. I like to think that each saga takes about 1 year, with seasons like the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier taking place in the extra few months that Ash has after he has finished with his most recent league. So Ash would only be about 14 or 14 by now.
I get somewhat annoyed when people assume that the episodes take place in real time, and even more annoyed at those people think that every season takes a year. if that were true, Ash would have been 16 by the time he finished Johto. 1 season of the anime spans about 4/5 months in real time at most.

One fact thats always annoyed/intrigued me in the Pokemon franchise is the definition of a Pokemon "Master". Its never really said what a master is. IMHO, i guess being a "Pokemon Master" would be like, attaning Nirvana or something.

Last edited by AnathemA; August 31, 2010 at 07:43:56 AM.
Old August 31, 2010, 08:39:41 AM
Shaymin

It took me 12 hours of play time to beat the Elite 4. No lie, I went slowly making sure I didn't miss anything. And then 20 hours total game time to beat Red with level 50s. Ash is slow, but that's what makes it interesting o-o.
Old August 31, 2010, 09:43:07 AM
Landorus

You can't really make a hit show with only four episodes XP They had to Streeeeeeeeetch it out as long as they could to appeal to fans.
Old September 2, 2010, 03:47:54 AM
Charizard

The real sad part, Ash always loses the league, it's like he's not even TRYING to be a Pokemon Master.....
Old September 2, 2010, 03:51:10 AM
Charizard

He does always lose, but you have to admit that in the battle against Takuto, it would be hard for his team to beat a Darkrai and Latios, on top of 4 others.
Old September 2, 2010, 11:48:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
The real sad part, Ash always loses the league, it's like he's not even TRYING to be a Pokemon Master.....
He isn't trying! That's because he doesn't have Misty to keep him in line

Last edited by GirlofGardevoir; September 2, 2010 at 11:48:39 AM.
Old September 2, 2010, 12:46:09 PM
Mudkip

It's a little thing called Ash logic. It revolves around sending out an extremely high levelled Pikachu against a level ten Geodude. And calling it a close fight. /gg
Old September 2, 2010, 12:52:45 PM
Haxorus

I don't think the show would be popular at all if it took as little time as most gamers
Old September 2, 2010, 01:53:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
I don't think the show would be popular at all if it took as little time as most gamers
It'd be awsome if they actually used a different trainer in every region
Old September 2, 2010, 05:47:42 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlofGardevoir View Post
It'd be awsome if they actually used a different trainer in every region
Sadly, that just isn't gonna happen. Never. Not even if someone payed Nintendo to change the main character.

Well, I guess technically they do. They have Misty for Kanto and Jhoto, May for Hoenn, and Dawn for Sinnoh.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; September 2, 2010 at 05:48:36 PM.
Old September 3, 2010, 12:17:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Sadly, that just isn't gonna happen. Never. Not even if someone payed Nintendo to change the main character.

Well, I guess technically they do. They have Misty for Kanto and Jhoto, May for Hoenn, and Dawn for Sinnoh.
The least they could've done was change the main character temporarily in Isshu since it's supposed to be far away from the other regions. Ash is technically 20 now and i think he's over stayed his welcome
Old September 3, 2010, 12:21:59 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post

It's called the manga. =P Each region does have a new character.

But back on topic, I play slow games. It takes me a week to get through a route, mainly because I like to train my Pokemon well instead of blowing through the game in three days. =/ More bang for my buck.
Old September 3, 2010, 01:03:16 PM
Banned

You guys do realize i'm going by the game's clock, right? Most peoples' finishing time is always around at least 50 hours. No one ever goes past 78 hours
Old September 4, 2010, 05:20:58 AM
Volcarona

Lol, people, please.. Think about it, if Nintendo changed the main character for every region, youd be MISSING Ash by now.
Old September 4, 2010, 06:46:07 AM
Celebi

Quote:
You guys do realize i'm going by the game's clock, right? Most peoples' finishing time is always around at least 50 hours. No one ever goes past 78 hours
I'm closer to 78 hours (random number, BTW) than 50. I guess I like to enjoy my game instead of rush through it like it's some kind of task.
Old September 4, 2010, 07:03:38 AM
Giratina

Quote:
You don't know that.
Some people don't like to jump to conclusions in their games. Or if they are like me, they will get stuck by a puzzle (of course, not in Pokemon) and keep adding up time.

It seems to be this thread has been about bashing how Nintendo refuses to shorten the seasons for ash.

If they did that, Nintendo would lose some of its audience that watches the anime.
Old September 4, 2010, 07:11:08 AM
Haxorus

I take about 30-40 hours to complete the story
Old September 8, 2010, 02:26:11 PM
Volcarona

When I played my first game, crystal version, I got stuck, and it took me like, 3 months to play through. When I got to the pokemon league, I already had a level 100 Seadra.
Old September 13, 2010, 06:24:21 PM
Zoroark

Yeah, I haven't beaten RED yet, nor the Elite Four on their rematches. THen again, I'm not trying, though I am playing the game pretty often.
Old September 18, 2010, 06:40:51 AM
Servine

I would take me a week to train my pokemon from the start all the way to defeat the elite four and i mostly capture pokemon because the aim to the game catch all pokemon and defeat elite four and special trainers like Trainer Red and other characters in the game.

The reason for Ash Ketchum of not beating the pokemon league is to make ash ketchum realize that there is much more to learn from his defeat and become stronger in the next pokemon league in Isshu reigion and there is always a chance that ash could have a rematch with trainers he met and lost against in the future to see if he improved himself and i'm expecting Ash Ketchum to win Isshu pokemon league or any rematch characters along the way.

Last edited by Gengar; September 18, 2010 at 06:47:25 AM.
Old September 30, 2010, 11:51:33 PM
Administrator

I got obsessed with the train-one-member thing a lot and often wound up with a really high level starter (Blaziken in the 50s to Infernape, 92, with the others in between) and around 50-60 hours by the League. I ruined SoulSilver by blowing through the whole game in 40 almost-straight hours (well, it was my entire time awake) live on Ustream. I still hate myself for that. In my English HeartGold, however, I am currently saved in front of Ho-Oh. I have been playing Black rather slowly, avoiding spoilers, and currently doing missed sidequests. One of my favorite parts of the game is when you finally have all the HMs together and go back to the areas you missed and picking up the items on little islands, behind trees, in caves, etc.

As for the anime, I think it is a bit too drawn out with too many episodes about people with random problems and Team Rocket spoiling something for the hundredth (quite literally) time. If Team Rocket really did that, they would've been either thrown in jail from taking too much company funding or from stalking children. If they trimmed out a bit of that and made it a little more realistic, I think a trek across the land would take about 2-3 months.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 30, 2010 at 11:52:44 PM.
Old April 20, 2011, 04:41:34 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
I didn't beat my game until mid July.

I think it's mainly because I goof around, looking for certain Pokémon, breeding, etc..
Yep, same here. I like to play the game little by little, and I'm neurotic about getting the perfect nature and stats...and raising it from the egg