Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 31, 2010, 01:36:13 PM
Mudkip

Default What is your favorite Pokemon Ash caught in Sinnoh

Hello people. This post is to see which was your favorite Pokemon Ash has caught. By the way, my favorite was Turtwig
Old August 31, 2010, 03:52:51 PM
Rayquaza

I guess I really liked Chimchar, he got a really interesting back story and a pretty neat personality.
Old September 1, 2010, 05:15:12 AM
Charizard

Chimchar...the storyline revolving around Ash, Paul, and Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape is a large part of what made the Sinnoh series great
Old September 1, 2010, 02:14:35 PM
Kyurem

I really liked Gliscor

One cuz hes one of my favorite Pokemon x3
And I liked his back story. If you can say he had one o3o
Old September 10, 2010, 08:46:20 AM
Servine

I really liked Ash's Chimchar and evolving it to Monferno and into Inferape was a great decision from the guys who did the pokemon anime and Infernape might be best fire-type pokemon next to ash's Charizard.

Last edited by Gengar; September 10, 2010 at 08:46:59 AM.
Old September 20, 2010, 06:09:37 PM
Mudkip

Turtwig! My favorite Sinnoh starter. There was an episode when he evolved into Grotle and had a hard time fighting, but Grotle was determined to get stronger.
Old September 20, 2010, 06:40:20 PM
Celebi

I liked Gible because he is one of my favorite Pokemon and I love Dragon-Types! (Just wish it would have evolved into a Gabite or Garchomp)
Old October 17, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
Pikachu

I liked starly, cause he was epic
Old October 22, 2010, 08:27:34 PM
Regigigas

I really liked Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross, Infernape, Torterra, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.
I like a lot of his Pokemon actually, it`d be easier to name Pokemon I don`t like. I don`t particularly like Bayleef, but that`s only because I don`t like it`s line as battling Pokemon, so I suppose in terms of behavior, etc, it`s fine.
Infernape has a really unique backstory which was used very well for the Sinnoh Arc, and was alluded to and used for foreshadowing very well. The introduction of a mysterious "Legendary Pokemon Trainer" during the League was cool, too.

Sceptile`s just my favourite Pokemon of all time. It also finally managed to defeat a Legendary Pokemon, one of my favourites, at that, when it battled Takuto, being the first to ever do so. It`s character development from it`s initially closed nature, it`s evolutionary stubborness, and it`s transition to it`s final form were also great.

I always thought the idea of finally earning Charizard`s respect to be an accomplishment, and like Bulbasaur and Squirtle, I was really glad when they all came back to battle Brandon, I love it when they show that older Pokemon can still be just as strong as the new. And connecting the old and new is even better.

Bulbasaur always came off as dedicated and yet strong. One of my favourite Pokemon episodes as a child from the original series was "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden", where it had the resolve not to evolve despite pressure from so many others.

Squirtle`s dream of defeating a Wartortle and proving it`s ability to combat it`s higher forms was admirable, and I always liked the way it used Hydro Pump.

Heracross is just an all-around awesome Pokemon. It`s powerful, looks cool, has an interesting personality, is loyal, and it`s great to watch it battle. I`ve just always liked it.

I liked how the writers gave Torterra a method of getting some speed back in the form of Rock Climb, which it learned through willpower alone, on top of that. I really hate how many simple defeats it was given near the end of the Sinnoh Arc, though. It was defeated by Volkner`s Electivire, and Shinji`s Drapion, where as they should have at least let it tie. I just don`t think it`s real worth has been shown yet.
Old November 5, 2010, 11:57:20 AM
Charizard

Turtwig. It's also the pokemon I picked as my starter in Pearl.
Old November 28, 2010, 12:58:48 PM
Zoroark

Turtwig, because I love grass types and I chose it as my starter in diamond.