Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 14, 2010, 07:37:22 AM
Pikachu

Default Nuzlocke challange ;P

Ok people im setting a nuzlocke challange here are the rules.

1) when a pokemon faints you cant use it again

2) you can only catch one pokemon in each area

3) No revives

let me know if you complete it, you can do this on any pokemon game you own (other then pmd and any wii pokemon games)

I did this challange in 44hours and lost alot of friends along the way

well good luck ^^
Old December 14, 2010, 11:51:29 AM
Joltik

So I've heard about this challenge before and i'm interested in doing a run on my Saphire version. However, I do have some questions.

1. When you say one pokemon in each area, do you mean for example like say if you're in a route with Tailow and Zigzagoon, you can only catch one of the two in that particular area, but you could catch the other one in a different route?

2. Can you only catch one pokemon from a particular area once and that's it you can't use that area again? If so, what happens if you run out of routes and dungeons? Do you lose the challenge?

3. Is it true that you have to catch the first pokemon you see in an area? And if i'm correct you have to release any pokemon that faints. Also can you use your starter? and can you have up to six pokemon? Are healing the pokemon allowed as long as it doesn't faint?

Just hoping to clear up some confusion.
Old December 14, 2010, 12:06:44 PM
Keldeo

Ooooh I can help with this jet, dood~! =w= Me and my bro did one of these runs before.

1.Well you have to catch the very first one you see. No exceptions. Even if its a pokemon you've already caught. You can choose to not catch it or KO it, but then you can't get any pokemon for that area ever again.

2. Yea, only the first pokemon ya see from that area can be caught, and only once. So yea, if ya run outta areas to catch poke's in its game over. :<

3. Yup, the first poke. =w= And yea any pokemon that faints must be released. Starters are allowed. I encourage the use of em actually. They tend to be the last one that goes if ya lose the challenge. =p You can have as many pokemon as you want, as long as you followed the above rules, oh and yea healing pokemon are allowed as long as they don't faint~!

Hope that helped dood~! Oh and watch out for random crits. Thats what normally gets em. :<
Old December 14, 2010, 12:11:43 PM
Joltik

Thanks for the help, I think I'll like this challenge.

So even if you do see a pokemon in another area that you already caught, then you have to KO or catch it, also is running allowed and can you catch more than one of the same species?
Old December 15, 2010, 03:01:49 AM
Pikachu

you are allowed too run and i dont release my pokemon i put them in a box made for fainted pokemon and dont use them again, i dont think i would forgive myself if i let them go and yes even if you have that pokemon already you can catch/KO/run but note that you whont be able to catch another pokemon in that area.

I hope this helps and good luck ^^ let me know how its going.

and thanks for the help sunny
Old December 15, 2010, 01:45:50 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
you are allowed too run and i dont release my pokemon i put them in a box made for fainted pokemon and dont use them again, i dont think i would forgive myself if i let them go and yes even if you have that pokemon already you can catch/KO/run but note that you whont be able to catch another pokemon in that area.

I hope this helps and good luck ^^ let me know how its going.

and thanks for the help sunny
Actually, the whole point is to release them. It is meant to give a deeper meaning to the game, since it really is like dealing with death. Then again, nothing is saying you HAVE to.

But yeah, I think I am going to do this. I tried before but got busy, but I think I shall try again. Pokemon Red, here I come!

Oh, and I have heard other rule variations, like only one PokeCenter visit per town, or no healing items, but I am going to just ignore those.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; December 15, 2010 at 01:46:54 PM.
Old December 15, 2010, 01:52:37 PM
Giratina

According to Bulbapedia:
Quote:
The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:
Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
Optional rules
Though the above rules tend to stay consistent with all challengers, many optional variations and amendments to the rules also exist to further adjust difficulty. These include, but are not limited to:
Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
Considering a black out/white out to be "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
Banning the use of potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.
Banning the use of Pokémon Centers, relying only on potions and healing items for healing.
Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town.
Banning the use of held items.
Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart.
Banning the use of Master Balls.
Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be migrated or permanently boxed should it happen to faint.
Many other rules exist; challengers adjust their personal rules according to their own preferences. In order to be considered a true Nuzlocke Challenge, however, the two core rules must be in place.
This sounds fun, I'm gonna have a go. I think I'll tackle Ruby or Emerald... If I've had a Pokémon for a long time and then it "dies", I might break out in tears. I love my Pogeymonz ;_;
Old December 15, 2010, 03:38:35 PM
Keldeo

Dood, you get so attached to em. ;~; Its sad...
Its cool because you use pokemon you don't ever use, get a bond with em, and then they have the chance of dieing. :< Its like....deep ya know?

Last edited by Sunny; December 15, 2010 at 03:40:15 PM.
Old December 16, 2010, 07:44:54 AM
Pikachu

i know its deep and i get way to depressed when they just die now you want me to release them D:

I will have my revenge on the elite 4 >:[