Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 31, 2011, 11:53:42 AM
Haxorus

Default What kinda gym leader are you? O_o

To be honest, I'm not sure if this thread has been made before, but it's high-time Tech made a new thread. :c

So, here's a question I've been asking myself lately: What kinda of gym leader am I?/ What type would I use? Where would I probably be in the eight leader ranks?

Not sure why I've been asking myself, but I have. >.>

So I figured I'd ask all of you! :3

So...

-

What type of Pokémon would you use in your gym? Which ones specifically? Why that type?

What would your badge be? Would it be an empowering badge?

What city, if you could overthrow/overtake the current gym leader or was simply handed the gym, would you hunker down in?

What TM would you give away?

Where would you be in terms of leader rank? Remember, Dragons are typically the last gym you encounter, so let's not run around saying we're the last gym between trainers and the Elite Four.

-

I understand there are already pseudo-Gym Leaders on VR, so still post yer stuff. Most of all, everyone has fun doing this. I'm interested to see the choices.

ME FIRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
What type of Pokémon would you use in your gym? Which ones specifically? Why that type?
Ghosts, obviously. :3

In no specific order, Dusknoir, Mismagius, Golurk, Cofagrigus, Chandelure, and Froslass.

Cause Ghosts are ossim.

Quote:
The Ghast Badge. >.>

Like the Johto badges, it would raise stats, specifically, Special Def.

Quote:
What city, if you could overthrow/overtake the current gym leader or was simply handed the gym, would you hunker down in?
Ecruteak. :3

Quote:
Probably either Shadow Ball [Since I adore that move. >:3] or Nightmare.

Quote:
Where would you be in terms of leader rank?
Probably sixth or seventh.
Old March 31, 2011, 12:08:26 PM
Rayquaza

Well, I am a steel gym leader in Victory Road for a reason; I like steel types the most.

So, I would be a steel gym leader in a game, because steel is so tough, bulky and really cool. My favorite Pokémon is Dialga, which is steel in type.
My team would be (not in order): Excadrill, Heatran, Bisharp, Lucario, Scizor, Skarmory
My badge would be called the Silver Badge, the same one I have in my actual gym.
I would like to have my gym in Celestial Town, although there is no current gym there. It is due to the connection of this town with the myth of Dialga.
I would give, as a prize, TM Gyro Ball, since I really like this move, although I wouldn't be using it on a fast team like the one I mentioned above.
I would say I deserve to be the seventh, since steel is hard to break through.
Old March 31, 2011, 12:46:58 PM
Landorus

Well,

Gym Type: Psychic

Specific Pokemon: Xatu, Metagross, Girafarig, Gallade, Slowking, Exeggutor

Why Psychic: I've always liked Supernatural powers. And Slowking.

Badge: Kinesis Badge. It'll increase Sp. Attack

Rank: I would probably be sixth or Seventh. That's what the other Psychics were.

TM: Psyshock. It's a really mystifying move.

Gym: I would have up a gym in Mossdeep.

Last edited by Idno58; March 31, 2011 at 12:48:10 PM.
Old March 31, 2011, 02:24:29 PM
Haxorus

Hmm, I guess it would be...

Type: Steel

Pokemon: Magnezone, Klinklang, Metagross, Escavalier, Ferrothorn, and Probopass.

Badge and Cause: The Techno badge, raises Special Attack! Gives TM Flash Cannon.

Where: Black City. It would be a perfect fit.

Steel types are my match!
Old March 31, 2011, 03:45:06 PM
Kyurem

Well, I picked the Flying type Gym to use on VR because it is probably one of the most diverse types, but the Water type actually is my favorite! Yep!

In terms of Pokemon, I would likely use Starmie, Milotic, Tentacruel, Gyarados, Jellicent (female) and Ludicolo!

The Pacific Badge would be given out, because everyone knows that the Pacific Ocean is the greatest ocean out there.

I would also live in Sunyshore, probably the most relaxing of town, and give out TM Scald, since other than Waterfall and Surf it is one of the more useful Water-type moves. In terms of rank, 7th makes sense, since Water is a mighty type but not as good as some other types.
Old March 31, 2011, 05:36:41 PM
Kyurem

My gym would be something like this:

Type: Ghost

Pokemon: Dusknoir, Gengar, Misdreavus, Cofagrigus, Jellicient, Spiritomb

Why. I've always been a fan of the phantoms and the night.

Badge: Phantasma Badge
Increase SP. Atk

TM: Shadow Ball

Gym: An abandoned Black City. Like if it turned into a modern ghost town.
I don't know why Black City, it just seems... right
Old March 31, 2011, 06:26:24 PM
Regigigas

Yup, I'm doing one too.

My gym would be for Electric-types, seeing as most of my favorite Pokémon are that type. My team would most likely be the following:
Rotom Lv38 with Thunderbolt, Ominous Wind, Confuse Ray, and Double Team.
Zebstrika Lv36 with Flame Charge, Volt Switch, Stomp, and Pursuit.
Galvantula Lv37 with Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, and Slash.
And Emolga Lv36 with Volt Switch, Aerial Ace, Charge, and Electro Ball.

(added this myself seeing as it's pretty important) What would your gym be themed on/your gimmick be about?
There are small sections of floors at the entrance, wherever Trainers are, and at the end with a large generator behind my back. Instead, there are solar panels, which are powered by the sun shining in through the ceiling, or lack of one. You can only walk on a panel three times; After the third, the panel moves to the walls where it can't be accessed. If you're ever stuck, a moving panel will fly in and take you back to the beginning, and the panels will reset.
Down below, you'll see that there are other panels. ...Those are not panels. Those are crushers. We sell those too.

My badge would be the Sattelite Badge, broadcasting your sense of victory to all opponents who dare take you on.
And if by empower you mean raise a stat then no. None of that.

I'd pull a Blow Up The Coasters scheme on Elesa. I loves me them stadiums.

I'll say Volt Switch. Shock Wave is a meh move, Thunderbolt's way too powerful, and Volt Switch is just in-between.
also it's annoying as heh

I don't wanna be the biggest hat in the closet, but not the smallest one, either. I'll say the seventh.

Oh god that means the 8th is a Ground-type gym oh no that's terrible
Old April 1, 2011, 09:46:15 PM
Shaymin

Lite the IRON Man. Had Spirit not called the steel gym position on VR I'd be the current VRGL Steel Gym Leader.

I'd use:

Metagross
Excadrill
Aggron
Ferrothorn
Steelix
Magnezone

Uhhhm. Steel Pokemon are badass and that's really the only reason why I'd want to be a Gym leader for them. They're the closest the Pokemon world will ever get to mecha.

My badge would be the Reactor Badge, a scale model of Tony Stark's chest piece. ALL POKEMON WILL NOW BEND TO YOUR WILLS, OH MIGHTY HOLDER AND BEHOLDER OF THE EIGHTH GYM BADGE.

I'd hand out TM Flash Cannon. I'd overthrow Opelucid's Dragon leaders. They can move down some and replace the incredibly boring Brycen.
Old April 2, 2011, 07:35:47 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
Obviously, I would use Water-type Pokémon in my gym. It's my most favourite type for many reasons: it is the most versatile type out of all the seventeen types (according to Bulbapedia), Water-type Pokémon are strong both offensively and defensively, and they can work on many different strategies. As for my gym team, I would use Kingdra, Gyarados, Lanturn, Ludicolo, Empoleon and Jellicent.

Quote:
Marine Badge:

Quote:
I would locate my gym in Lilycove City in the Hoenn region, since I immediately relate the latter to all Water-type Pokémon because it is an aquatic region. I know Lilycover has no gym in it, but it is an amazing city for Water-type Pokémon since its shore provides them with a natural habitat. Plus, it connects with Slateport City, another one of my favourite cities in Hoenn.

Quote:
Since the choice is very limited between Scald and Rain Dance, I would personally go with Rain Dance. Rain Dance opens up numerous strategies and tactics for a person's team, and it empowers many Pokémon so that they become stronger.

Quote:
I would choose to be in the 7th position, since my team is pretty darn tough to take down and Water is a very balanced type.

Last edited by Shadow; April 2, 2011 at 07:36:22 AM.
Old April 2, 2011, 02:33:03 PM
Haxorus

I understand I already posted, but I have a secondary idea for a gym.

Type: Fighting. Brute force!
Pokemon: Gallade, Blaziken, The 3 Hitmons, and Scrafty.
Badge: Brutal Badge. Increases attack!
TM: Brick Break, Shatters all barriers! (Except Protect and Detect!)
Where: Driftveil city. Would be a good replacement, due to it being powerful against cold storage pokemon.
Old April 15, 2011, 04:57:45 PM
Volcarona

I would be...

Type: Grass

Pokemon: Torterra, Cacturne, Vileplume, Abomasnow, Tropius, and Leafeon.
Why: I love grass Pokemon and it's my favorite type. Plus having multiple types helps cover weakness.

I would give a Leaf badge and the TM Leaf Blade.

The place where I want my gym at: Celadon city

Place: 3rd or 4th.