Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old September 12, 2012, 10:45:26 PM
Kyurem

Default CoroCoro Scans Reveal New Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Game

In the new issues of CoroCoro magazine, a long-awaited sequel to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series has been announced! This new game is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. The game is set to be released in winter of this year (so late December) in Japan. This game will be for the 3DS and will feature full 3D graphics, and appears to be a standalone game with no separate versions. The plot, as usual, will feature a human who has been turned into a Pokemon.

Pokemon from both Unova and the other regions are set to make an appearance. Confirmed starters are Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Pikachu, and Axew. Missions will be accepted from Dunsparce, Kecleon runs the stores as usual, and Cofagrigus runs a store in town as well. Rampardos is to be the shopkeeper of the "Treasure Store".

There is also a new feature called the "Augmented Reality" which allows you to scan things to allow access to more and more dungeons in the game.

Scans of CoroCoro showing the new PMD:

Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro101.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	3830

Name:	corocoro102.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	3831

Name:	corocoro103.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	3832

Source: Serebii.net
Old September 12, 2012, 10:52:28 PM
Regigigas

kusdhfblaygvgfkuagvsd]kygbsdkfbagsjdgfbahuiydgfbkuasgvbdkufbsadjgfbasd]ygbIYTDGBFAKYUGFUYASDHBIYATGBRFHUYKAGBSD]YFGASJUFDBGJYGVFBIUGSADFA]GUYJTFDUAYGSIDUYJGBASHDUFBAUIYGFBUHASDBHFABKHGFAKG AKHUAFDUAHYSDFUN
I'm sorry, that was unnecessary NO IT WASN'T
This has made my night. And believe me, I'm having a pretty freaking good night to begin with.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:16:05 PM
Administrator

Ooh, full 3D graphics! I hope we do get this one.
Old September 13, 2012, 12:46:30 AM
Shaymin

The guy in the last picture, lol.

Anyway, This actually makes me happy. It's good to hear they didn't forget about this series.
Old September 13, 2012, 03:48:29 AM

Ohhh this looks very nice...and in 3D graphics too!? I'm excited for what this game will look like. :3
*observes picture* Here are my first guesses:
My first observations (Possible Spoilers)    
The main character falls from the sky (however that's possible) into the town or an area near the town, where you'll meet your partner Pokemon. Virizion will be the leader of said town, possibly like a Guildmaster Wigglytuff (minus the YOOM-TAH!). It also looks like Pikachu and Axew are confirmed for being playable characers. Lastly, Espeon and Umbreon will be Virizion's helpers.
Old September 13, 2012, 06:25:50 AM
Regigigas

This better not be 3DS only or I can't get it. I love mystery dungeon it was the first pokemon game I had no joke rescue team red forever.
Old September 13, 2012, 06:34:43 AM
Floatzel

i will definitly be buying this, can't wait
Old September 13, 2012, 06:58:05 AM
Rayquaza

I like the 3D, I guess I was right about how the graphics would be improved from the GBA 16 Bit that was unchanged in in PMD2.

I REALLY hope there's more then five starters in this one.
Old September 13, 2012, 07:35:45 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I like the 3D, I guess I was right about how the graphics would be improved from the GBA 16 Bit that was unchanged in in PMD2.

I REALLY hope there's more then five starters in this one.
Actually, it's more like early PS1 2D for the newer games - keep in mind that the GBA blew the SNES under most cases. But yeah, took them long enough - and the hardware - to get things moving to 3D. I guess I have to let go of the 2D era sooner or later, huh?

If I were to get ahold of that game, I'd want to be Axew-ing all the way.
Old September 13, 2012, 10:38:50 AM
Volcarona

...there is no way to express the joy I experienced reading this. This is a game that was a long time coming, and I really hope I have as good of an experience with it as I did the first 2. Let's just hope it gets here first, Nintendo of America isn't THAT cruel...
Old September 13, 2012, 12:45:27 PM
Volcarona

I will personally strangle someone at Nintendo if the 3DS does not come down in price before the game comes out. It is a necessity of life that I play the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and this one is no exception. I'm drooling right now... I am excited to hear the music masterpieces in this piece and cannot wait for the emotional roller coaster that it will take us for a ride on! And klsjegkldjglkegjsldkgj ek 3D graphics... on a Pokemon game... on a HANDHELD?!?!?!
Old September 13, 2012, 01:04:22 PM
Joltik

Axew confirmed as starter? Holy crap I REALLY want this game now.
Old September 13, 2012, 03:28:05 PM
Kyurem

I don't really play Pokemon much anymore, but I might give the new game a try. c:
Old September 13, 2012, 04:26:32 PM
Shaymin

Wow! It is an amazing change for them! Congratz to them and the big improvement. Lets just hope it isn't as childish/easy as the beginning of Pokemon Black. Though I am highly impressed with it, I most likely will not purchase it as far as I know.
Old September 13, 2012, 04:36:36 PM
Kyurem

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the news when I first found it. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is by far my favorite spin-off series, even holding its own against the actual main-series games themselves. I'm really glad they've decided to give Pokemon Mystery Dungeon another run, and I imagine it's going to be great. I am definitely not jaded by excess replays of my old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but even so, when this game comes out, I will personally buy the 3DS by myself just for this game. That is how ready I am for this.
Old September 13, 2012, 05:28:15 PM
Zoroark

Looks like a game that uses similar pokemon models and graphics as poképark wii. Nothing bad at all, but worth pointing out. The new town looks a lot like Treasure Town.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; September 13, 2012 at 05:29:31 PM.
Old September 14, 2012, 08:51:45 AM
Rayquaza

This is a proof that no more games are going to be released on the DS. Future main Pokémon games will start to have a chance of appearing full 3D.
Old September 14, 2012, 10:22:40 AM
Joltik

I am very tempted to buy a 3DS just to play this game... Hopefully this one will be even better than the last 2 in the PMD series.

Last edited by Blazedaze; September 14, 2012 at 10:22:53 AM.
Old September 14, 2012, 02:03:23 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
This is a proof that no more games are going to be released on the DS. Future main Pokémon games will start to have a chance of appearing full 3D.
If that is so, and all pokemon and trainers will be in the same 3D model, then that will be the end of new spriting. Because I have been looking forward to new sprite! But 3D ones wouldn't work for me >.<

Anyways. I hope that they have something significantly new with this too. Because most of those games where along similar boundaries. Hopefully the boundaries will have expanded with this game and new things (besides it being 3D) will occur.
Old September 14, 2012, 02:46:23 PM

Assuming this game isn't 3DS exclusive...I might consider getting this. I haven't ever been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games (please don't kill me)...but maybe, just maybe, this will entice me to try the series out.
Old September 14, 2012, 03:13:15 PM
Landorus

It's a good thing they made an actually-always-evil pokemon. (Hydreigon.) The first game had a distinct lack of Antagonist and Darkrai as the bad guy in II was kind of Awkward.
Old September 14, 2012, 07:08:28 PM
Rayquaza

Here is a new trailer

Also, darn it there are only five starters!

At least it seems likely you can evolve in game.
Old September 14, 2012, 08:57:39 PM
Volcarona

To add to Mag's post, here is the official Japanese website containing all the official game trailers: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/dungeon_magnagate/ You can hear some of the music... and... oh gawd... I'm in love~