Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Old November 13, 2012, 12:46:21 PM
Rayquaza

Default Magmaster12's Blog of Randomness Now with a Five Star Rating

Lately I've been leading a very boring life since I've become unemployed and with no job or license and being stuck in the house all day it's incredible boring and lonesome.

My day composes of this.
Eat breakfast
Play pokemon while watching TV
Eat Lunch
Random Stuff, mostly boredom
Eat Dinner
More Random Stuff
Bed Time

Usually there's some other stuff in between but I don't want to go into the details. Hopefully I'll be able to get my license next week so I can get out of this routine and be able to actually do something, like I want to try to make it my goal to go to the gym every day.

Recently I got Mario Tennis on 3DS through Gamefly and I'm already sick of it.

Blog will be updated whenever I feel like it.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 14, 2013 at 06:47:00 PM.
Old November 15, 2012, 07:50:42 PM
Rayquaza

I seriously can't believe it's been about three months now were I've been stuck home.

I really hope spending all this time at home doesn't have a negative effect on me and I just no I'm never going to remember anything I've done in the past months aside from drivers education. I'm also hoping to get my drivers license so I'll be able to leave the house and get a job.
Old November 17, 2012, 03:31:17 PM
Rayquaza

Had my final driving lesson today and she said I was probably ready to take the test.

Also my family is switching to AT&T Uverse so I'll now be able to watch The Hub and MLPFIM if I'm really bored, what's weird though is that they don't have the network I want the most, Cartoon Network but they have Boomerang. I mainly wish they had Comedy Central though.
Old November 20, 2012, 08:52:54 AM
Rayquaza

Well I finally scheduled my Drving Test so hopefully I'll pass on Friday, keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Also I freaking love have more TV channels now it's so much less boring and it's also awesome having Nickelodeon again, I just wish I had Cartoon Network and Comedy Central.
Old November 23, 2012, 12:22:03 PM
Rayquaza

Well I failed my test all because I couldn't make a right turn back in, I've never been so upset.

This has been one of the most depressing days I've ever had I've been crying so much.

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 23, 2012 at 03:42:18 PM.
Old November 29, 2012, 06:53:36 AM
Rayquaza

Tuesday I had to go back to DMV to pay for my test because I left without paying and now my next test is next Friday, I'll probably get it.

I was also the first to register for the Spring semester at my local community college and I am now a full time student and will soon being taking 16 hours of classes.

I also did most of my Christmas shopping today through Amazon and I got some pretty good deals I just need to get something for my sister,
I also got my copy of the entire season of Digimon Adventure in the mail today.

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 29, 2012 at 12:47:42 PM.
Old December 7, 2012, 01:55:18 PM
Rayquaza

Well I finally managed to get my license!!!
Old December 8, 2012, 03:41:21 PM
Rayquaza

Today was the first day of Hanukkah I got Spiderman 3 even though I asked for The Amazing Spiderman and a Sweater that doesn't fit me even though I already have a perfectly good one already.

At least I know I'm a better gift giver then my parents now!
Old December 10, 2012, 01:11:32 PM
Rayquaza

I got a membership to Planet Fitness today so I can go every day.

I also went grocery shopping for my parents, which I'm now going to do on a regular basis now that I have my license.
Old December 17, 2012, 12:19:25 PM
Rayquaza

Said earlier I had no luck finding another copy of Nintendo Power, as if that wasn't bad enough I also got lost I should probably carry a compass next time I go driving.

I went to Moe's for lunch today it has to be some of the best Mexican food I've ever had like seriously awesome!

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 17, 2012 at 06:42:49 PM.
Old December 19, 2012, 08:05:24 PM
Rayquaza

Starting to feel like I'm not even getting noticed on this site anymore, it's really stating to anger me, especially since I'm starting to get the vibe people here don't like me here and I'm not welcome because I don't fit in.
Old December 19, 2012, 08:22:34 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Starting to feel like I'm not even getting noticed on this site anymore, it's really stating to anger me, especially since I'm starting to get the vibe people here don't like me here and I'm not welcome because I don't fit in.
Aw come on, buddy. As strange and weird as you are, I still notice you. It's hard for me to dislike anyone, and you're no exception to that. I'm pretty sure others feel the same way, too, because there's no possible way that EVERYONE dislikes you. Cheer up, I'm sure it's just all some odd misunderstanding.
When all the things in the world start to fall apart, you can call on Team PokéHeroSmash! Turtwig, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, and Buizel! (Based off of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
http://i50.tinypic.com/24fyycx.png
Old January 7, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Rayquaza

So I have decided to instead revamp this blog into an excuse for me to start writing my articles.

My first article will be on probably ones of my favorite franchises I played growing up when I had to resort to my computer for video games Backyard Sports.

Our story begins in the year 1997 when Humongous Entertainment already famous for there classic point and click kiddy games such as Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, and Spy Fox Franchises decided to go into a different direction and make a baseball game with memorable characters like Pablo Sanchez the little chubby Mexican that only speaks Spanish but is also perfect at every sport that there honestly theories on the internet how he's on steriods. Not to mention the fact the player character themes were really awesome. We even have one character who is in a wheel chair.

Creative stadiums like Steel Stadium the "backyard" of Ernie Steel with an easy home run like angle. There's also power ups, you get many good plays you get power ups like the aluminum bat or torch your opponents with the fire ball pitch although I can hardly imagine how many injuries or deaths these power ups would cause in real life like the screaming line drive that literally knocks down players who try to catch the ball. While other sports are usually incredibly complex with there system controls and gameplay, backyard sports was incredibly straight forward. You throw the ball, you catch it, you hit the ball you run It's incredibly straight forward and fun. Finally there's the color commentary by Sunny Dey and Vinny Gooch while they're amusing at first, especially Sunny Dey who just says everything so seriously while Vinnie The Gooch kind of pretends he's all that when he seems more like a real jerk like he goes out of his was to say mean junk while it eventually gets very tiring listening to the same limited dialogue over and over again, fortunetly though you can skip it or mute it. There's even a multiplayer for the games in case you don't mind sharing your keyboard or mousepad.

However like all games it still has it's issues, the AI is incredibly stupid even in it's hardest setting you can easily get ahead with by 30 runs. Not only that but it get annoying how the players on the field get so easily distracted, or have trouble catching the ball, yep they can just drop even if they're in the perfect position or fall flat on there face just by taking one step, seriously it's like all the players are a bunch of drunk Chevy Chases. Not only that but the controls can feel really outs of place at times like you click in one place and you can go off the fields. Worst part about these original games though is that you can't pick all the players you want for a pick up game sometimes because they just didn't appear on the screen and the level of how good a player is, is very low so there's little difference in performances, fortunetly however those were fixed in the later games. However the game play was still very addictive for being so straight forward and the memorable cast of diverse characters really get you hooked with there clever dialogue and personalities. The game became an eventual success so a new game was released a couple months later called Backyard Soccer.

The game is basically like Backyard Baseball but soccer same memorable characters, bad AI, addictive game play and even the same stadiums Backyard Baseball had but as a soccer field. We also have a different Play By Play Person replacing Vinnie The Gooch, Early Gray who basically has no personality outside of being British and being annoying by making the same comment over and over like Vinnie. However if there is one awesome thing this game has that's different is the season play which is pretty self explanatory you beat as many teams as possible to win The Astonishingly Shiny Cup of all the Cup's Cup. If you don't mind the bad AI it's a great way to kill time plus it's the only classic game of the franchise to be available Atari website so check out if you need a time killer game.

More to come on this soon.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 7, 2013 at 09:24:07 PM.
Old January 7, 2013, 05:00:32 PM

My favorite part of Backyard Baseball was watching the kids trip and fall on their face.

Backyard Basketball was easy because I would make a team out of the best long-range shooters and score 3-pointers left and right.
Old January 9, 2013, 09:05:45 AM
Rayquaza

So today I've decided I'm going to reserve my PC Game reviews for games like Backyard Sports for every Monday from now on.

To day however in honor of the announcement of X and Y and in the hopes we get new evolutions and not just a poor rehash with only new starters and legendaries I'm making a top five list of Pokemon Evolutions I want to see.

Top 5 Pokemon Evolutions Magmaster12 wants to see
5. JynxYou know in a way Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz have all been a trio they all learn certain moves around the same time, one of there gimmicks was learning the elemental punches level up, and they're part of the same egg group. The only thing that sets them apart is the fact the Jynx not only has dual typing but also a lower base stat average, yet in Generation IV Magmar and Electabuzz are the ones who get an evolution! A Jynx evolution also might be good for the Metagame as a strong Ice/Psychic type would be interesting and be able to take down both Dragon and Fighting types. Plus it'd make Jynx holding an evolite more defensive which could work even better. A design I believe would be fitting her would easily be an ice queen or diva of some sort.

4. Banette I really don't get why this guy didn't get an evolution when Dusclops did when they where pretty much an identical pair of version exclusives in RS maybe not so much like Lunatone and Solrock or Zangoose and Seviper but they were still counterparts mainly stat wise. Also like the situation with Jynx a Banette evolution would make it a lot less frail. Since Banette represents a doll I think an evolution should be like the same way Dusclops is with a big zipper tummy.

3. Farfetch'd Darn it does this thing need an evolution badly mainly just because it sucks, honest to god it's been one of the worst pokemon with one of the worst movesets since Red and Blue this pokemon not only need an evolution but a freaking revamp. I mainly just suggest a pokemon that's Flying/Fighting and a really high attack stat.

2. Dunsparce I'm sorry who? In my opinion Dunspare is the most forgettable pokemon in existence, the fact that it's rare but has no special quality, the fact it is a useless normal type, the fact it has crummy base stats and the fact that Generation II already had a ton of more interesting gimmick pokemon. However for some reason someone new at Game Freak must love this guy because not only does he have a gigantic moveset of great moves he also has great a great regular and DW abilitie to boot.
Stunfisk, Durnsparce. What a would like to see is maybe Dunsparce being a complete brick wall since it has coil and a second ground typing to boot it's STAB EQ.

Unfortunetly I could not find a good picture of what I want.

1.Stunfisk Seriously what the hell Game Freak, you come out with a pokemon that has the awesome typing of Ground and Electric and an awesome move pool and yet again you fail to give something with great potential good stats. I really don't care what you do with GF just give good stats and you will have all my money. I don't even care about the design I won't even care if it looks like this.
http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com...qjKZAK5L_b.jpg
Just make it happen.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 9, 2013 at 09:07:26 AM.