Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old November 30, 2012, 10:41:37 PM
Administrator

Default [Rumor] Possible upcoming Pokémon 3DS title

A rumor has been spreading that a possible upcoming Pokémon game will be coming out in roughly two years for the 3DS, using 3D models and even introducing a new type, something that hasn't been done in well over a decade.

Quote:
– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in all regions.
Source

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 30, 2012 at 10:41:58 PM.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:50:43 PM

I'm not surprised about the next Pokemon game being released on the 3DS, but it does hint that it could be 6th gen. It does follow the traditional time sequence of a new Pokemon generation being released after 4 years of the last generation being released in Japan.... (Examples: RSE was realeased in 2002, DP was released in 2006, BW was released in 2010, and 6th gen will be released in 2014; which is 2 years from now)
However, I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of a new type being introduced. Sure it would be nice, but I think it would make things a bit more complicated, especially when thinking about battling. If I had to guess what the new type would be, it would be the Light type to go along with the Dark type introduced in Gen 2.

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 30, 2012 at 10:54:11 PM.
Old December 1, 2012, 02:22:15 AM
Haxorus

Hmm sounds not bad but could this mean they could stop making titles for the normal nintendo DS?
Old December 1, 2012, 03:27:03 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Hmm sounds not bad but could this mean they could stop making titles for the normal nintendo DS?
Yes, Black 2 & White 2 are most probably the last games that will ever be released on a DS. A proof of that is the new mystery dungeon game.

As for this rumour, I prefer not to give my opinion until I see an actual proof, although it is given that the new title is on 3DS.
Old December 1, 2012, 03:58:54 AM
Giratina

From the writer of the article (just so everyone doesn't freak out):
Quote:
IN A NUTSHELL this could all be true right now, but all of it could change tomorrow because THATS how gaming development works. I am not in any way, shape, or form retracting my statement. The reason that I put this up is because I see truth in this, not so I can spread fake things just to get people excited.
I've never been one for believing rumors, especially ones that involve things I like because if it ends up not true, then I'm going to be disappointed about the truth. We just have to wait and see what Nintendo has in store for Pokémon next.

Also, watch everyone say the new type is going to be Light type without any hard evidence to back that statement.
Old December 1, 2012, 05:36:46 AM
Rayquaza

I'm calling shananigans there's no way the only info they would get would be use of 3D models and a new type.

Of course part of me is hoping I'm wrong and the new pokemon the revealed is the new type in 3D. So I'm not sure.
Old December 1, 2012, 08:18:32 AM
Giratina

I agree with the models and taking full use of 3DS and all its features, although they might not do it right away. Game Freak didn't take full use of the touch screen until HeartGold and SoulSilver where you could do EVERYTHING with it. But who knows...

Still, a very interesting rumor and I'D LOVE A NEW TYPE. I just hope it's not Light, that's too obvious
Old December 1, 2012, 09:28:57 AM
Haxorus

Maybe they might release a type like Wind or something.
Old December 1, 2012, 02:26:21 PM
Mudkip

aaaah most likely I'll be buying this new pokemon game when I get 3ds since I love pokemon >w>
Old December 1, 2012, 02:38:56 PM
Shaymin

2 years... This is very exciting, as I'll be in Japan and visiting the Panasonic Center (Nintendo Game Front) in a year and a half. Maybe I'll be able to find something out while I'm there! As for the game, I really can't think of another type they'd want to introduce, but based on the fact that it's a world crisis I'd have to agree Reun and say the Light type. Perhaps it'll shed some light and open our eyes to the crises our world is facing. But like the writer of the article said, it could change. So we'll see!
Shameless self promotion    
If you're interested in the other places I'm going to be visiting while in Japan, check out my itinerary in my blog.

Last edited by Luxray13579; December 1, 2012 at 02:39:48 PM.
Old December 5, 2012, 03:06:58 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Yes, Black 2 & White 2 are most probably the last games that will ever be released on a DS. A proof of that is the new mystery dungeon game.
That's irrelevant.

Remember Super Pokémon Rumble?
Yeah, that came out before Black 2/White 2.
Old December 5, 2012, 05:34:27 PM
Administrator

Remember the end of the GBA days, too. Pokémon Dash (*shudders*), for instance?
Old December 5, 2012, 06:22:21 PM
Rayquaza

Yeah well it'd be just plain stupid for them to make another DS game this late in it's life.

The only reason BW2 was even a sequel was because Iwata told Masuda to do something different if he wanted to make another game for DS.
Old December 5, 2012, 07:24:25 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I'll agree that BW2 were the last bastions for the DS. Anything left is shovelware, indie, or sports.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 5, 2012 at 07:24:32 PM.
Old December 6, 2012, 04:10:36 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Yeah, I'll agree that BW2 were the last bastions for the DS. Anything left is shovelware, indie, or sports.
Indeed. I think DS's time has petered out finally. It's like the GBA... it's also like the PS1... after a while, you're getting next to nothing, then nothing.

Besides, B2W2 really shows the DS's GPU's age badly at places. It's pretty, yes, and arguably one of the best that fifth-generation console hardware can put out, but... sometimes we have to move on.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 6, 2012 at 04:11:12 AM.
Old December 6, 2012, 07:52:45 AM
Haxorus

I just hope in the future they release more Pokemon rangers, because those were pretty fun games.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:17:25 PM
Rayquaza

Well every pokemon movie has had a hidden pokemon in it and we already have confirmation Genosect will be in the next movie so there is a chance a new pokemon could be revealed soon.