Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 12, 2010, 02:45:52 PM
Administrator

Default Guarded Dreams

The new affiliate is Guarded Dreams:

This site has some imagery and videos for a variety of Pokémon games, a forum, and adoptables.
Old January 14, 2010, 11:49:10 AM
Giratina

If you don't mind me asking, why do all these pokemon sites have the same layout? Not just them, too. A lot of gaming sites also have a similar layout. Is there some template that you all go by?
Old January 14, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
Administrator

I actually commented about that a long time ago my distaste to the bland layouts:

Quote:
August 9, 2008

33 more My Pokémon Ranch pictures were added.

In addition, I have a little thing I'd like to say. I am NOT going to make my site look like the twenty thousand other Pokémon sites that are based on the same CSS template. To see what I am referring to, look at Serebii's design. Then, go to some of my affiliates. About 80% of general Pokémon fan sites look like that. (If you still don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to how it's all a design with the pair of menus on the side, the banner on every page, and exact same throughout the whole site.) I'll probably keep working on the site to make it look better and more uniform, but it most likely will not look like those. Why? To be honest, it's boring if you go from site to site and they all look very similar.
Now, while I did actaully convert to the three-column style common on Pokémon sites, I didn't just steal someone else's layout.
Old January 14, 2010, 12:00:59 PM
Giratina

I finished the DO NOT CLICK game!
And I read everything. It took a while...