Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 26, 2010, 01:47:27 PM
Administrator

Default Zoroark: Master of Illusions coming 2011 [UNCONFIRMED]

Zoroark: Master of Illusions, which is the English title of Movie 13, may be planned for a release in 2011. The movie poster, which was for sale on eBay, does not state which release (television airing, DVD, or possible theaters) will be released at that time.

THIS NEWS IS NOT CONFIRMED. THIS IS BASED ON AN EBAY AUCTION FOR A MOVIE POSTER OF THE 13TH MOVIE, NOT ON ANY OFFICIAL SOURCES.

Source: PokéBeach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoroark Poster.jpg
Views:	6186
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1264  
Old October 26, 2010, 01:48:25 PM
Administrator

Ooh, if this is real, hopefully it confirms that the official English name of the Pokémon is Zoroark.

If someone can provide the item number of the removed auction or a non-watermarked poster, please let me know.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:05:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Ooh, if this is real, hopefully it confirms that the official English name of the Pokémon is Zoroark.
I thought it was already confirmed as Zoroark. Back to the discussion of the movie, I do hope it is shown in theaters.
Old October 26, 2010, 02:18:34 PM
Administrator

No English media has ever stated "Zoroark" as the English name. It was stated in Japanese media that the Romanized name is "Zoroark." Of course, most of us were quite sure of it anyway.
Old October 26, 2010, 03:05:55 PM
Volcarona

I think Vixarge would be a good name for it.
But, if this is real, then SUER HAPPY FUN TIME! And also, Shiny Beasts and Celebi event, anyone?
Old October 26, 2010, 05:01:59 PM
Kyurem

I think it going be fake because most of the time the Japan name and US name is different but Paikia, Diagla, Reshiram, and Zekrom name was the same both ways.

Last edited by Aquablast; October 26, 2010 at 05:02:56 PM.
Old October 26, 2010, 07:28:11 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblast64 View Post
I think it going be fake because most of the time the Japan name and US name is different but Paikia, Diagla, Reshiram, and Zekrom name was the same both ways.
That doesn`t necessarily back it being fake. The designers (including Ken Sugimori himself) have stated that the hardest names to come up with are those for the Legendaries or other significant Pokemon, since they`re typically meant to be usable internationally. "Rukario" got romanized to "Lucario" due to the pronunciation similarities with r and l in Japanese. Dialga and Palkia were changed for the same reasons. "Darkrai" on the other hand was kept the same except for getting rid of the u to eliminate extra syllables present from Japanese pronunciation and spelling. The same thing happened to Arceus (though TPCI still managed to "Officially" mess it up by claiming it`s "Ar-KEY-us", when in actual fact, "Aruseusu" romanized is pronounced "Ar-SEE-us, plain and simple).
Anyway, "Zoroark" comes from "Zorro", which is Spanish for "Fox", and "Dark", therefore, the international name wouldn`t need to be changed, since the name portmanteau wasn`t a Japanese reference or of Japanese origin to begin with.
Old October 26, 2010, 07:35:21 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
That doesn`t necessarily back it being fake. The designers (including Ken Sugimori himself) have stated that the hardest names to come up with are those for the Legendaries or other significant Pokemon, since they`re typically meant to be usable internationally. "Rukario" got romanized to "Lucario" due to the pronunciation similarities with r and l in Japanese. Dialga and Palkia were changed for the same reasons. "Darkrai" on the other hand was kept the same except for getting rid of the u to eliminate extra syllables present from Japanese pronunciation and spelling. The same thing happened to Arceus (though TPCI still managed to "Officially" mess it up by claiming it`s "Ar-KEY-us", when in actual fact, "Aruseusu" romanized is pronounced "Ar-SEE-us, plain and simple).
Anyway, "Zoroark" comes from "Zorro", which is Spanish for "Fox", and "Dark", therefore, the international name wouldn`t need to be changed, since the name portmanteau wasn`t a Japanese reference or of Japanese origin to begin with.
Well you just basically told it straight!
but anyways, I do so hope this is realesed in theaters it's been so long since ones been here...
Old October 27, 2010, 06:54:51 AM
Rayquaza

I just want to see it later on and see if it is nice or not.
Old October 27, 2010, 06:58:26 AM
Giratina

I hope this movie isn't 'bad' as some people have been claiming - it actually looks the complete opposite to me.
Old October 27, 2010, 04:52:24 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblast64 View Post
most of the time the Japan name and US name is different
oh rly?
Here are the Japaense names for #172, #25 and #26

ピチュ 
ピカチュ :25:
ライチュ :26:

ピ= pi チュ = chu カ = ka ラ = ra イ = i

I am sure you know their English names. And if you don't believe me on the translations, do a Google image search for Katakana Chart

Last edited by Buoysel; October 27, 2010 at 04:52:50 PM.
Old October 27, 2010, 07:05:14 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Zoroark: Master of Illusions, which is the English title of Movie 13, may be planned for a release in 2011. The movie poster, which was for sale on eBay, does not state which release (television airing, DVD, or possible theaters) will be released at that time.

THIS NEWS IS NOT CONFIRMED. THIS IS BASED ON AN EBAY AUCTION FOR A MOVIE POSTER OF THE 13TH MOVIE, NOT ON ANY OFFICIAL SOURCES.

*IMAGE REMOVED*

Source: PokéBeach
I would like to see it, it looks interesting and plus it's Pokémon, and wouldn't we all want to see these in Theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
You've got a point there, but we won't know for sure until TPCI confirms the name as it is, or mess it up, and makes it weird.
Old November 26, 2010, 03:37:21 PM
Banned

hmm looks like a great movie tex, better grab the popcorn and cut the premadona because zoroark is comin to theaters soon!
Old November 26, 2010, 06:11:49 PM
Cyndaquil

Awesome! I can't wait to see the movie, I have saw clips and it is really cool!