Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old March 3, 2011, 12:58:59 AM
Zoroark

Default New trailer and plot information released for the 14th Pokémon movies

A new Japanese trailer is out for the new pair of films as part of the 'Best Wishes' series: 'Victini & The Black Hero: Zekrom' and 'Victini & The White Hero: Reshiram'. These two movies are going to be released in Japan this July, and will allow you to download a special Victini.

In addition to the new trailer, more information regarding the plots of the two movies has been revealed. The main antagonist, Dread Grangil, has black and white hair, and wears different costumes in the two movies because in 'Zekrom' he travels in the wilderness, whereas in 'Reshiram' he travels in a tundra.

Aside from Zekrom and Reshiram being exclusive to their respective movies, it has been revealed that Gothitelle will be Dread's partner in 'Zekrom', whereas Reuniclus will be Dread's partner in 'Reshiram'. The last exclusive change announced is the presence of a different child in each movie; a girl named Sayd in 'Zekrom', and a boy named Ohdo in 'Reshiram', both of who are predicted to be linked to the main legendary Pokémon in some way.

The translation of the information posted on the Pokémon movie website has been posted below from PokéBeach:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéBeach
Ash, Pikachu, Iris, and Cilan, who are traveling through the Unova region, arrive at Aind Oak, a town with a sprawling castle at its center called the "Earth's Sword." This town once flourished as the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," but has now fallen into decline. Ash and friends participate in a battle in celebration of Aind Oak's harvest festival. There, they meet and befriend Victini, a mythical Pokemon who can gift a mysterious power to humans and Pokemon. Dread Grangil, a descendant of the People of the Earth who wishes to restore the kingdom, schemes to use Victini's power to move the "Earth’s Sword," but as a result, Aind Oak will be engulfed in horrific disasters. If he accomplishes his goal, will Ash and his friends be able to save the town from crisis? And what of Victini's fate? Add to this the mystery of Zekrom and Reshiram, and you'll be awed by the greatest adventure in the history of Pokemon!
  • Dread: A descendant of the People of the Earth. He hopes to restore the "Kingdom of the People of the Earth," so he's journeying through the country and the wilds in search of the scattered remnants of the Earth's People.
  • Sayd (Exclusive to 'Zekrom'): A little girl who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. She lives in the wilderness, far from the old kingdom.
  • Ohdo (Exclusive to 'Reshiram'): A little boy who's a descendant of the People of the Earth. He lives in the tundra, far from the old kingdom.
  • Carlita: Dread's little sister. She lives in Aind Oak. She participates in the battle in celebration of the harvest festival. She uses a Hydreigon.
  • Janta: Dread's mother. She knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth.
  • Mormont: Aind Oak's mayor. He knows the story of Victini that's handed down by the People of the Earth. He organizes the battle in celebration of the harvest festival.
  • Victini: A mythical Pokemon that Ash and company meet in Aind Oak. It's cowardly and usually hides, but it's said that when there's a person or Pokemon it likes, it sneakily gives them its mysterious power. It loves treats called macaroons.
  • Zekrom (Exclusive to 'Zekrom'): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "dreams."
  • Reshiram (Exclusive to 'Reshiram'): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues "truth."
  • Hydreigon: Carlita's Pokemon. Will it do well in the harvest festival competition?!
  • Golurk: Janta's Pokemon. It helps out at the souvenir shop that Janta runs.
  • Reuniclus (Exclusive to 'Zekrom'): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the wilderness with Dread.
  • Gothitelle (Exclusive to 'Reshiram'): Dread's partner Pokemon. It travels through the tundra with Dread.

Here's a poster of the 14th Pokémon movies:

And the following display the main characters in each movie (including the differences between them both):

'Victini & The Black Hero: Zekrom'

Spoiler Alert:    

'Victini & The White Hero: Reshiram'

Spoiler Alert:    

Trailer: The Japanese Pokémon Movie website

Sources: Serebii, PokéBeach

Last edited by Shadow; March 5, 2011 at 06:16:31 AM. Reason: Including the information regarding the plots as well as the various posters.
Old March 5, 2011, 06:17:34 AM
Giratina

The trailer looks exciting, and the differences between the two movies seem promising. All in all, I'm really curious to see how the two movies will turn out, but I might have a tough time choosing which one to see.

Last edited by Shadow; March 5, 2011 at 06:17:55 AM.
Old March 5, 2011, 07:01:40 AM
Rayquaza

I will be watching the one with Zekrom first. After that, I will watch Reshiram's to compare.
Old March 5, 2011, 07:50:24 AM
Kyurem

Cool I will watch both.
Old March 5, 2011, 11:32:32 AM
Volcarona

Both of the movies sounds interesting. Are there any major difference between the 2 movies? Either way, this looks promising.
Old March 5, 2011, 02:28:54 PM
Haxorus

It looks pretty cool. I just hope it won't be boring like the Zoroark movie.
Old March 5, 2011, 04:37:04 PM
Servine

Reuniclus in the Zekrom movie!? As if I didn't already need to be more sold on that one, haha.
Sounds pretty interesting, I can't wait to see more.
Old March 5, 2011, 05:18:32 PM
Zoroark

It's cool how they're adding movie exclusives. I'm going to probably watch zekrom.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:01:32 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby-Chan View Post
Both of the movies sounds interesting. Are there any major difference between the 2 movies? Either way, this looks promising.
They are saying that both the movies will start the same, but in the middle, each movie will go in one direction to end in different places.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:57:01 AM
Regigigas

Based on the official website updates and the new trailer, these are both shaping up to be some really fantastic movies. I'm still curious as to where they headed for location scouting, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

On a side note, the trailer's dialogue is spoken quite clearly and it's [retty short, so I should have it subtitled and translated in half an hour at most (for a hardsub, it'll oinly take about 10 minutes for Youtube annotations), so0 I'll have the trailer translated+subtitled to be embedded in this thread when I get back to Canada
Old March 6, 2011, 10:32:49 AM
Zoroark

Nice, i would love to have a subtitled trailer.