Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 15, 2011, 03:18:14 PM
Kyurem

Default The C-Gear is MAGIC!

I decided to turn my C-Gear on for the first time to see if there was anything non-wireless, and I was greeted by this little surprise!

You see, the separate router I use for DSes was unplugged at the time, and my main one is incompatible with both the DS and the DSi. My sister wasn't using her DS, which means I wasn't connected to her. It's not Internet, because as soon as I select that is loses connection. The only thing I could think of is that it somehow connected to my laptop, which I very much doubt (although it did say that I needed a computer for the Global Link).

Anyone know why this happens?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HNI_0044.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1865  
Old March 15, 2011, 03:24:29 PM
Shaymin

Uh, it might be Wi-Fi, but I doubt it. The thing is, Wi-Fi bars have a sort of edging around them whereas DS Wireless ones are like the picture you showned, where it's just two straight bars, so it's not the game getting to a router, it's the system's wireless...or something.

...Look in the manual, I guess.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; March 15, 2011 at 03:24:58 PM.
Old March 15, 2011, 03:26:49 PM
Giratina

I've had this. It's like that often while I'm in my car in completely random places, I have no idea why. There's some sort of wireless signal from somewhere, I guess, but as far as I know it's completely pointless and means nothing.
Old March 15, 2011, 03:40:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Uh, it might be Wi-Fi, but I doubt it. The thing is, Wi-Fi bars have a sort of edging around them whereas DS Wireless ones are like the picture you showned, where it's just two straight bars, so it's not the game getting to a router, it's the system's wireless...or something.

...Look in the manual, I guess.
I looked, didn't say anything about it. And since the Global Link is clearly down, I can't investigate further.
Old March 16, 2011, 04:31:45 PM
Haxorus

al-freaking-ways-happens.

Gets me so annoyed as to turn of the C gear and move along