Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 26, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
Volcarona

Default Making event pokemon

Ok, so nintendo can make any pokemon and give it away via mystery gift, right? So I was thinking, that there must be some method to this. Theoretically, I or any other person should be able to duplicate the signal from an event, such that the DS would pick it up, and actually give you an event pokemon.

Does anyone here know how they actually make the event pokemon? (from either the gamestop/TRU/Concert kind, or the wireless kind)
Old September 26, 2009, 07:40:23 PM
Linoone

Default Re: Making event pokemon

If I did, I wouldn't tell you. It would probably be because it is a government secret and is so deadly powerful my computer would explode when I type it in.
Old September 26, 2009, 11:13:01 PM
Administrator

I sure do! I've created my own event and actually distributed it to people on the bus one day. It's simply a standard copy of Diamond (or another version) with a Mystery Gift card set to a special "event" mode with distribution enabled. They just leave it active for the whole day. That's why only one person can download it at a time.
Old September 27, 2009, 01:50:30 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
I sure do! I've created my own event and actually distributed it to people on the bus one day. It's simply a standard copy of Diamond (or another version) with a Mystery Gift card set to a special "event" mode with distribution enabled. They just leave it active for the whole day. That's why only one person can download it at a time.
Sweet! I've never actually been to an event in person, Ive always been busy and given it too my friends brother to get it for me, so I wasn't sure how it worked.

I take it that I need AR to do this?
Old September 27, 2009, 07:32:31 AM
Administrator

Bingo
Old September 28, 2009, 01:49:36 PM
Keldeo

But keep it under the table the pokemon fanz might not like it
Old September 29, 2009, 07:07:30 AM
Administrator

Actually, there was a real incident of this at the Pokémon Platinum event in New York earlier this year. A bootleg version of the poster announcing the event was being spread online showing a mysterious giveaway. The original version did not have that text. A person, (ironically enough) posing as a Team Rocket member, was distributing a hacked legendary around the event. Authorities booted him out of the event when they found the signal's source.
Old September 29, 2009, 02:29:58 PM

Heh, that's interesting. I know everybody is probably thinking this, but he probably dressed up as a Team Rocket member because of what he was doing.
Old September 29, 2009, 08:44:21 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
Actually, there was a real incident of this at the Pokémon Platinum event in New York earlier this year. A bootleg version of the poster announcing the event was being spread online showing a mysterious giveaway. The original version did not have that text. A person, (ironically enough) posing as a Team Rocket member, was distributing a hacked legendary around the event. Authorities booted him out of the event when they found the signal's source.
Now I want one of his pokemon that he was giving away... what did he distribute anyway?