Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which two regions are your favorite?
Kanto 5 14.71%
Johto 13 38.24%
Hoenn 7 20.59%
Sinnoh 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old September 30, 2009, 11:04:51 AM
Administrator

Default Favorite Regions

Of the existing regions, which one is your favorite and why? It can be for how big the land mass, how diverse it is, how much water there is, or how fun it is to traverse. This is only for the main series games, not the anime, so the Orange Islands and any other cities/forests/mountains/islands/anything else that aren't in the games are out. Pokémon Colosseum, XD, Ranger, and Ranger: Shadows of Almia don't count either. You may vote for two regions.

Note: Kanto does not equal first generation, Johto does not equal second generation. This is only a poll of regions, not the Pokémon found in a region's debut generation.
Old September 30, 2009, 04:32:19 PM
Linoone

Default Re: Favorite Regions

Hoenn and Sinnoh because Hoenn has many different landscapes like islands, volcanoes, desserts, and more islands. By the way, I live on an island. Sinnoh is just like Hoenn but with a few less needs for surf as well as lots of terrain things. Mountains... Snow storms... Ultra Grassy fields. It just isn't boring.
Old September 30, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
Rayquaza

I really hated Hoenn because of all the water routes and it's hard to keep track of your location
Old September 30, 2009, 07:48:22 PM
Shaymin

Hoenn. I mean, come on. It has a volcano. And an inert volcano. And a deepsea trench. It's probably the most diverse region ever, only lacking snowy mountains. It has a large ocean, currents, a port town, two volcanoes, a large island, a desert, and a rainforest to boot!

Johto is also great for the fact that it has a lot of history regarding the Pokemon universe.
Old September 30, 2009, 07:59:32 PM
Volcarona

I liked johto, because it has some pretty cool caves and places, as well as the apricorns, which I liked. Headbutt trees I liked, and it only had one lake, which was enough.

Hoen beats Kanto in my opinion because it had a good number of odd places and new stuff in it, namely the move dive, and the sunken ship. The seperation in bikes was an interesting change, although it could use an icy area....

Sinnoh I dislike because it has a ridiculous number of lakes, and all are almost exactly the same, save for hail effect and snorunt, and it didn't really have any good places to explore until stark mountain and the islandish thing that its on. They also kind of messed up the safari zone in my opinion.

Kanto was alright, but not better than Hoen, as it's region was kind of boring in geography.
Old September 30, 2009, 10:33:26 PM
Administrator

What's so bad about having three lakes? There are thousands of them in a single state (Minnesota), let alone a whole region.
Old October 4, 2009, 01:23:34 AM
Volcarona

Nothing is bad about it, I just find them a bit underdeveloped, as all they really are are three of the same place, just with a different cave in the middle, and tm at the side. No maze, and hardly a difference in pokemon at the lakes either. Nintendo could have done something a bit more interesting with them, and made them a place that had a trainers, or a building near it, or something, like at the lake of rage. I do like the water effect though, its cool.
Old October 15, 2009, 05:42:17 PM
Charizard

Hoenn because of the variety of landscapes.
Johto- cool caves, and only one lake
Old October 16, 2009, 09:26:03 AM
Linoone

Hoenn is for some reason my favorite region. I don't really know why. It just feels great! Loads of great routes and stuff....
Old October 24, 2009, 07:47:54 AM
Shaymin

Question Re: Favorite Regions

i really like the layout of sinnoh and the volcanos and the lakes and its just really awesome

i love johto because its just the best region.