Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 24, 2009, 05:50:29 AM
Charizard

Talking 4Kids??

Did anyone else notice that at the end of the most recent Pokemon episode "Pillars of Friendship", there is a 4Kids logo on the screen??? Don't tell me they are involved with the dub again??!!
Old October 24, 2009, 07:23:11 AM
Administrator

Default Re: 4Kids??

......Oh no
Old October 24, 2009, 10:06:21 AM
Administrator

It's not on the Cartoon Network video player yet. I'll have to check that out as soon as it gets there. Where is the logo located? The ending credits?
Old October 24, 2009, 10:40:53 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
It's not on the Cartoon Network video player yet. I'll have to check that out as soon as it gets there. Where is the logo located? The ending credits?
Yes, at the very end...I thought my eyes were playing a cruel trick on me, but I just went back through all my recent Pokémon episodes and apparently this has been going on since very early this season, starting with the third DP Galactic Battles episode “Ancient Family Matters”....

I checked over on serebii.net’s news (that I check often already) and forums, and apparently, this has been kept quiet because I found nothing (also, I probably didn’t notice sooner because by that point in the episode, my husband and I usually turn off the TV or switch over to the weather channel, plus CN shrinks the end credits down to practically nothing at the bottom of the screen)

The good news is that, to me, the episodes seem to have been dubbed no differently (no worse or better) than the episodes before the 4kids logo appeared. That is, everyone’s (except Team Rocket) dialog is accurate and makes sense, no edits that I know of, etc... however Team Rocket’s annoyingly talking to the viewers, unfortunately has not changed much, something I was already fed up with since the start of the PUSA dub (4kids did it too initially!!) ...the only difference this season is that now they’re ruining gym battle episodes (“Dealing with Defensive Types”, “Sliding into Seventh”, while the rest of the episode[s], like others, remains intact).

I just hope that the transition between PUSA and 4kids (if that’s what it is) doesn’t eventually lead to another VA turnover – that’s one thing I would NOT want to deal with again...for even the old ones to return, it’s too late.
Old October 24, 2009, 10:46:06 AM
Administrator

Oh, NOW I know what you're talking about. I remember seeing this a while back. The credits rolled twice. If you look carefully at the second set, though, you'll see that they're the credits from a previous season of Pokémon and NOT the real credits. Cartoon Network aired the incorrect credits.

The correct credits can be found here:
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html
Click near the end to see that 4Kids is NOT there.

Again, the 4Kids logo credits are NOT the correct credits. Do not be alarmed.
Old October 24, 2009, 10:52:27 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Oh, NOW I know what you're talking about. I remember seeing this a while back. The credits rolled twice. If you look carefully at the second set, though, you'll see that they're the credits from a previous season of Pokémon and NOT the real credits. Cartoon Network aired the incorrect credits.

The correct credits can be found here:
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html
Click near the end to see that 4Kids is NOT there.

Again, the 4Kids logo credits are NOT the correct credits. Do not be alarmed.

seriously?! thanks, I hope you're right!! just seems strange that CN would make the same mistake for so many airings.....I guess those credits were leftover from when CN used to air reruns of 1st-8th season?? *****sigh of relief*****
Old October 24, 2009, 10:53:01 AM
Shaymin

Thank [s:3103hfkh]God[/s:3103hfkh] Arceus. I don't know what I'd do if I saw another [s:3103hfkh]rice ball[/s:3103hfkh] jelly donut again...
Old October 24, 2009, 10:55:55 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdhlite
Thank [s:3czgy6ld]God[/s:3czgy6ld] Arceus. I don't know what I'd do if I saw another [s:3czgy6ld]rice ball[/s:3czgy6ld] jelly donut again...

me neither!! ***still breathing***
Old October 24, 2009, 11:02:03 AM
Administrator

What about the sandwiches and crackers that they replaced over rice balls?
Old October 24, 2009, 11:05:16 AM
Charizard

Quote:
What about the sandwiches and crackers that they replaced over rice balls?

yet another reason to hope they never go back (I still can't believe they were doing that as late as 8th season)..........