Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 8, 2010, 08:21:08 PM
Zoroark

Default Uber Jynx

Came up with this moveset with my girlfriend and now I must make it. It is for the ultimate Jynx when its moves hit, it's faster, and the opponent is opposite gender (even that's not necessary).

Jynx: The Ultimate Seducer

Lovely Kiss
Sweet Kiss
Attract
Headbutt

Preferred nature: Jolly
Needed IV's: Perfect (or near perfect) Speed and good Attack
Items: Focus Sash (for that second chance) or Leftovers (for extended use)
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 HP/Attack (your choice or you can split them yourself)

Essentially, you're looking to mess someone up who's just not very lucky when it comes to running into this baby.

Picture how a Dunsparce plays and you'll totally see the para-flinch idea.

You start off with Attract for opposite genders and if you think the Pokemon isn't going to switch. If it's going to switch, you use Lovely Kiss to surprise the switch-in.

Then, follow up with Sweet Kiss to have them asleep and confused.

If they switched, use Attract to ensure control over them.

Finally, you're going to use Headbutt unless you predict a switch-out. Then use a status move again.

Headbutt to get that chance to flinch them. As they're fighting confusion and Attract, you're causing them to deal with flinching as well. This ensures that you can take out possibly one or two Pokemon (or more) if you're fast and lucky enough and can take a few hits.

I plan to actually make this Pokemon, but if anyone can get a Smoochum or Jynx with really good Speed and (possibly) good Attack IV's, that would be awesome. I plan to name the Pokemon after my girlfriend, Malissa. :3

So yeah, post your comments...and please let me know if you guys can help me make this demon.

Last edited by Justjack91; May 8, 2010 at 08:23:36 PM.
Old May 8, 2010, 08:23:29 PM
Rayquaza

Ya but if they're infuated or confused they can easily just switch out.
Old May 8, 2010, 08:29:56 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Ya but if they're infuated or confused they can easily just switch out.
True, so it really is a matter of you predicting them. Plus, that Focus Sash ensures you can take a hit in the process.

It's not perfect, but being in the top 70 fastest Pokemon, Jynx can take care of itself.

And it's a surprise moveset. How many people actually use a combination like this? Most go Special Sweeper with a Scarf of Specs. This is a surprise set for people who don't expect it.

This is also a challenge for breeders going for good IV's. This can be a deal breaker for a set like this.
Old May 8, 2010, 08:36:32 PM

That certainly is an interesting set. Even if you do face off another Female Pokemon, you should be covered. Are there seriously no special flinch moves that Jynx can learn though? Oh, and against a Ghost Type, things could get ugly.
Old May 9, 2010, 03:08:31 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
That certainly is an interesting set. Even if you do face off another Female Pokemon, you should be covered. Are there seriously no special flinch moves that Jynx can learn though? Oh, and against a Ghost Type, things could get ugly.

Ghost types are the one weakness to this moveset. Other than that, you'll frustrate your opponent to no end.

Also, I did a little research, and you could give up Attract for Mean Look if you really want to prevent switches. You really need to be sure that you're faster and that you can safely do so however. Otherwise, you'll be in for a world of hurt.

Focus Sash is pretty much a must, and in a general battle, you'll really catch your opponent off guard with the set.