Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 25, 2013, 02:49:49 PM
Charizard

Default Sonic Adventure 2 [Battle]

I have this game on the Xbox. This game was my favourite game, and still is. In my opinion, it's the best Sonic game out there. My favourite feature is the Chao Garden. Has anyone here played it, or is currently playing it?
Old March 25, 2013, 05:03:22 PM
Regigigas

I have the demo on my Xbox just cause the first level is amazing ( First sonic level )

Last edited by john-li; March 25, 2013 at 05:04:10 PM.
Old March 26, 2013, 01:04:59 PM
Giratina

I remember playing it way back on the GameCube. Managed to beat all of it after countless hours... on the BioLizard alone.
While it was fun, it, like many other current (and at that time, current) Sonic games, had some bugs that went unnoticed and there were a few poor design choices (such as the homing attack not always going where you wanted it to, which made the BioLizard fight so difficult).

Almost got it on Steam when I had some money for it, but opted out for something else.
Old March 26, 2013, 06:01:09 PM
Kyurem

When I was 8 I remember playing in the Chao Garden all day and all night. Making my Chao the best there was. I still have it for the Gamecube but I don't play it really much or at all anymore.

I bought it and Sonic Adventure on Steam.

Last edited by Squirtle102; March 26, 2013 at 06:01:22 PM.
Old March 27, 2013, 08:53:55 AM
Charizard

Hah, I remember that game! Used to play it all the time.
Yeah, I loved the Chao Garden.
And who could forget the music for City Escape?

Last edited by Trainer_Kylce; March 27, 2013 at 08:57:49 AM.
Old March 27, 2013, 07:29:40 PM

Sonic has been one of my favorite franchises since I was a small child. I have to keep my 2D and 3D favorites separate, but this easily takes the favorite 3D spot. The syncing in the cutscenes may be a bit off for the English dub of it, but the voicing and the cutscenes just felt right. The levels had a nice scope on them (apart from Meteor Herd and Mad Space >.>) and let's not start on the music. The Chao Garden along with the levels being so good makes this game so re-playable. 12/10
Old March 27, 2013, 08:14:03 PM
Giratina

Oh, this classic game. So many things I could say about thee, like how much I love and hate you.

I first got SA2B by renting it from Blockbuster (Y'all remember that? ) when I stayed over my cousins' house. 5 minutes into the game and we couldn't stop singing City Escape and replaying the level whenever we won. I actually bought the disc myself after getting a GameCube a few months later, and I played a lot more Dark Story than Hero Story. Either way, I hated the emerald shard collecting stages, so I quit when I got to one. But I loved speeding as Sonic, blasting everything to bits as Tails... I didn't love Knuckles, all 4 of Shadow's INTENSE stages, Rouge's... and Eggman! Finally, getting to play as the villain! The only thing I didn't like was how weird the controls and camera could be. Other than that, this great piece of work definitely earns its place as my 3rd favorite Sonic game of all time.