Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2013, 05:39:54 PM
Giratina

nope, the appendix is useless. no purpose. its just there... but yeah an appendectomy is the removal of that.
Old December 5, 2013, 11:13:39 PM
Giratina

Yaaay, I guessed right. I think it used to have a function but then that ceased those operations due to evolution. Hopefully future people will just stop being born with one altogether.
Old December 6, 2013, 06:57:48 AM
Kyurem

There's the problem that it is in the state like this today because it wasn't needed...
Old December 6, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

One of my friends compared an appendix to a ticking time bomb. (his appendix ruptured when he was in high school)
Old December 6, 2013, 07:54:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
One of my friends compared an appendix to a ticking time bomb. (his appendix ruptured when he was in high school)
And it's that fact that disturbs me greatly. I was at war with myself about this a year ago. I want to get it removed so I don't have to deal with that problem, because it sounds like the scariest thing ever. But on the other hand I have this huge fear of doctors, hospitals, and surgery and never want to be in that situation. Ugh... life scares me...
Old December 7, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

Quote:
I've got one time bomb in my gut and four in my mouth
Old December 7, 2013, 01:42:20 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
And it's that fact that disturbs me greatly. I was at war with myself about this a year ago. I want to get it removed so I don't have to deal with that problem, because it sounds like the scariest thing ever. But on the other hand I have this huge fear of doctors, hospitals, and surgery and never want to be in that situation. Ugh... life scares me...
Surgery is nothing to be afraid of and I was in Children's Hospital where everyone was extremely nice, so none of that occurred to me.
Old December 7, 2013, 02:14:16 AM
Giratina

My doctor phobia is a long running thing, nothing you say will ever erase that fear. No matter how nice, gentle, or caring a doctor might appear on the outside, at the end of the day they're still pure evil on the inside... *shiver*
Old December 9, 2013, 11:54:01 PM
Kyurem

I just hope to never have to deal with surgery. Unfortunately, it's going to happen some way, huh?
Old December 10, 2013, 01:56:36 AM
Administrator

I had a surgery some years back. I had constant issues of getting water stuck in one ear. The first doctor who looked at it dislodged a massive ball of wax. The second doctor, however, noticed that I had a tumor and needed to get it removed or my ear canal could seal itself shut. That surgery occurred on my 18th birthday, of all days. I had to leave gauze in my ear for roughly a month before I was finally back to normal hearing.

The work done was fairly minor compared to something involving a major organ, though.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 10, 2013 at 01:57:22 AM.
Old December 10, 2013, 02:02:04 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I had a surgery some years back. I had constant issues of getting water stuck in one ear. The first doctor who looked at it dislodged a massive ball of wax. The second doctor, however, noticed that I had a tumor and needed to get it removed or my ear canal could seal itself shut. That surgery occurred on my 18th birthday, of all days. I had to leave gauze in my ear for roughly a month before I was finally back to normal hearing.

The work done was fairly minor compared to something involving a major organ, though.
At least I didn't have to endure what you got with my right ear. Seems like I've got a very bad case of ear infection back then. Something to do with public swimming pools that aren't exactly clean enough.

It wasn't pretty.
Old December 10, 2013, 08:28:46 AM
Giratina

One of my friends has a problem with his ears not draining naturally, and he's slowly losing his hearing. He definitely needs to get to a doctor, but he just doesn't have the money for ANOTHER surgery.

Now you see, if something like that happened to me I might have a heart attack. Not only would I have to be near doctors, going through surgery would be VITAL. I pray that I never ever have to have any type of surgery. I'm good at avoiding things I don't want to deal with...
Old December 10, 2013, 11:29:33 AM

I've never broken a bone let alone go into surgery... I don't want to find out what it's like either. >_>
Old December 10, 2013, 12:59:25 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
I've never broken a bone let alone go into surgery... I don't want to find out what it's like either. >_>
Me neither! Worse thing I had to go to hospital was when I cracked my head open. Caught it on the side of a table when I was 5 and had to have it glued back.
Old December 10, 2013, 01:05:07 PM
Giratina

Hospital's not that bad if ya got good service! People are extra nice to you, and if you seek some positive attention all the time like I do, it's a fun place.. It's the actual injury and recovering that blows.

and money, if that's a problem

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; December 10, 2013 at 01:05:21 PM.
Old December 10, 2013, 01:20:57 PM
Giratina

Thanks for the encouraging words, but I think I'll still avoid hospitals like the plague. Injury is fine with me, I'm a rough person, but I can't handle a hospital-level injury. I'm no stranger to scrapes and gashes. Never broken or torn anything in my life.
Old December 10, 2013, 09:11:50 PM
Kyurem

I can't say I've ever had surgery on anything, aside from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and I don't really count that. That and a doctor's visit for what we thought was a broken toe but wasn't, but aside from that, I haven't ever needed to visit a doctor aside from the usual formalities. Good thing too, I'd rather not have to go through surgery or anything of the sort.
Old December 11, 2013, 06:50:10 AM
Kyurem

To be honest, I've always wondered what you feel will happen during surgery.
Old December 11, 2013, 10:24:35 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
To be honest, I've always wondered what you feel will happen during surgery.
I always assume the worst... The pessimist in me does that...

On the bright side, when it doesn't happen, it's an excellent thing that keeps my mood high for the healing duration.

Last edited by Fubab_107; December 11, 2013 at 10:25:10 AM.
Old December 11, 2013, 02:29:20 PM

My only main experience with a hospital was when I had my middle finger on my right hand smashed in the 6th grade. A kid who was bullying me slammed a door on my hand as I was exiting a classroom.

I was taken to the ER, and after a 2 hour wait, I FINALLY had a doctor come in and evaluate the extent of the damage. My fingernail was lifted open, hanging on barely. X-rays revealed that the tip of the bone on my middle finger had been broken off and was floating freely inside or something.

I was given strong pain medicine, mostly Percocet and Vicodin. Everything that happened beyond that is a blur to me. I only remember waking up and walking back to the car in the parking lot with a cast on my hand and a split over my finger. Turns out they had to stitch my fingernail back on, and the bone was left to re-grow naturally over time. To this day I still have numbness at the tip of the finger, where the nerves were irreversibly damaged.
Old December 11, 2013, 02:53:31 PM
Giratina

Ooh, I wish that would've happened to me. Let's see that bully walk through a door again normally with his head permanently twisted 90°.

I had a lot of hospital experiences because of my asthma, and none of them were enjoyable. Each visit was basically spending hours in a room with a nebulizer attached to my face surrounded by dying people. Every time I'm there I feel like I'm going to die... it's just an awful feeling. Surgery would be a thousand times worse. With someone cutting me open I would automatically give up life. I don't have enough trust in people to let anyone do that ever.
Old December 12, 2013, 07:20:37 AM

I've never had to deal with bullies. It's weird, there were probably people that thought I was either nerdy, too sensitive, or girly. You really don't see bullying when in college; either because people don't care or because all of the bullies decided to not go to college.
Old December 12, 2013, 08:29:31 AM
Kyurem

Should I be thankful that I never needed any stitches even though I've managed to get a very bloody mouth thanks to a well-placed punch to the mouth by a high school bully?

On another topic, the Toshiba laptop that I am using has a shot battery. Looks like I'm getting an unexpected trip to the Toshiba service centre. Again.
Old December 12, 2013, 01:30:45 PM
Shaymin

Is it weird that all my guy friends used to physically bully me freshman year?
Old December 12, 2013, 01:45:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marching12step View Post
Is it weird that all my guy friends used to physically bully me freshman year?
I wouldn't necessarily say "weird", but more or less alarming. Why do you have "guy friends" who physically hurt you?
Old December 12, 2013, 01:55:45 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say "weird", but more or less alarming. Why do you have "guy friends" who physically hurt you?
They don't anymore, they used to bully her in her freshman year. Now she's a senior.
Old December 12, 2013, 01:59:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
They don't anymore, they used to bully her in her freshman year. Now she's a senior.
I see. Though I would never be friends with someone who bullied me in the past. If she can, then more power to her, but that's something I could never fathom.
Old December 12, 2013, 04:14:20 PM
Rayquaza

Today I did see something that would be considered as "bullying" by my experience in high school.

This guy was trying to poke some one behind his back because he was bored.

This is probably what happens when you go to a community college, you end up with the the stupid people.

I got bullied a lot during my first two years years of High School but I stopped being outspoken half way through my Sophomore year and people started to stop being mean to me, honestly I just stopped caring and I started to make friends with just about everyone. You just need to except the fact that some people are complete jerks and you're going to have to put up with there garbage your entire life so it's best to just put it up with there stupid nonsense.

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 12, 2013 at 04:17:02 PM.
Old December 12, 2013, 05:47:31 PM
Giratina

None of my friends have ever had a problem with my feminine mannerisms or squeaky girly voice. The only people who would attempt to bully me are complete strangers, and then they never try again. I can't say what I did. A lot of people are really accepting of me, surprisingly. And I hurt my guy friends quite often (though playfully.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Today I did see something that would be considered as "bullying" by my experience in high school.

This guy was trying to poke some one behind his back because he was bored.

This is probably what happens when you go to a community college, you end up with the the stupid people.

I got bullied a lot during my first two years years of High School but I stopped being outspoken half way through my Sophomore year and people started to stop being mean to me, honestly I just stopped caring and I started to make friends with just about everyone. You just need to except the fact that some people are complete jerks and you're going to have to put up with there garbage your entire life so it's best to just put it up with there stupid nonsense.
Poking is bullying? I don't see it that way. But generally I find being nice to everyone gives less of a reason to be bullied, and my aggressiveness wards people off from taking advantage of me.
Old December 12, 2013, 07:24:59 PM
Giratina

Me and this girl are texting, we were playing 21 questions and I asked her who she liked.. She said me! <3333 It's great, I've liked her for some time now, and I had a feeling she liked me too. Relieved to tell her how I feel, even though I wish to have done it in person. I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow in person about it. SO EXCITED!!!!
Old December 12, 2013, 07:54:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Me and this girl are texting, we were playing 21 questions and I asked her who she liked.. She said me! <3333 It's great, I've liked her for some time now, and I had a feeling she liked me too. Relieved to tell her how I feel, even though I wish to have done it in person. I'm gonna talk to her tomorrow in person about it. SO EXCITED!!!!
*cough*Stud*cough*
Old December 13, 2013, 08:24:24 AM
Joltik

You Escaped The Friend Zone Like A Boss
Old December 13, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Charizard

Talking

Quote:
Congratulations! Best of luck!
Old December 13, 2013, 06:21:29 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I hate you now because I am 19 and I have never even dated anyone!

Also the fact that one of my closest friends now lives on the other side planet and the other is trying to convert to Jehova's Witness who I just found out he moved to the next state over without me knowing.

Seriously I kind of just hate all people.

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 13, 2013 at 06:22:10 PM.
Old December 13, 2013, 07:07:29 PM
Giratina

Your time will come, Mag. You just gotta find someone who'll *click* ya know? And *chick* and *whirr* and a lot of other cool sounds. But if you hate all people doesn't that mean you wouldn't want anyone?
Old December 14, 2013, 12:20:06 AM
Administrator

Oh, lovely. The keyboard on my laptop broke and several critical keys no longer work. Looks like I'm going to need to replace the keyboard. >_>
Old December 14, 2013, 01:02:13 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh, lovely. The keyboard on my laptop broke and several critical keys no longer work. Looks like I'm going to need to replace the keyboard. >_>
Hehe.

I'm replacing my laptop's battery, since it stopped charging properly.
Old December 14, 2013, 09:20:37 AM
Giratina

Thanks for the compliments and the best wishes and stuff! Well, she was sort of sick yesterday and had to watch her sisters, so she couldn't get out of her house.. But me and my friends made our way to her house to visit her and her friend that were there. she said she has to think about it and stuff, she's a lot of idks and maybes..
Old December 14, 2013, 02:28:51 PM

I just got done with all of my finals and I'm back home~

I don't have to go back to school until around January 25th
Old December 14, 2013, 03:12:47 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
There's something wrong with the solder to the re charger in my laptop or there's something wrong with my re charger.
Old December 15, 2013, 05:25:42 AM
Haxorus

Guess who just literally came back from NYC? I love going to that city, it's so life-filled and reminds me of the trips I took with my parents to NYC when I lived in Long Island. Anyways, I think this trip was one of the most eventful ones I've had(this is with my BS troop, btw). Once we got off the ferry and saw the WWII memorial, we were pretty much free to do whatever we want with our patrols(we were grouped into 6 different groups). The first thing we did was seeing the Freedom Tower, which is not only finished but also looking beautiful. Afterwards, we took a walk through Central Park, which looks BEAUTIFUL this time of year. Then we we took a quick look at the Apple Store followed by FAO Schwartz. Both thankfully had pretty short lines, so we got through those pretty quickly. Next we traveled to Rockefeller Center, which had its beautiful Xmas tree. We stopped at Pronto pizza for lunch, which my friend and I had to guide our whole patrol to. It's across the street from Nintendo World and has REALLY good food for a fairly cheap price. Anyways, we then went into Nintendo World(I've had to have gone into this building over 20 times at this point >.<), met up with some friends in another patrol, and FINALLY tried out Super Mario 3D World(beautiful and was fun to play), A Link Between Worlds(djugruefgjurjufeturfrilovethisgamesomuch), Pikmin 3(fun but a lil pixel-y) and Sonic Lost World(Meh, I liked it). Ater that, we went to the Lego Store and traveled to Times Square where we went to the M&Ms and Hershey stores, American Eagle, and Toys R Us(got to try out a PS4 and Xbox One demo there, too bad they only had sports games to try out :I). Lastly, we went to Grand Central Station before going to a pub that was near our ferry for dinner. The day was pretty eventful and filled with jokes and laughter, so I had fun. It's also nice seeing people go to the Big Apple for the first time. Too bad I have to wait two whole weeks before I can go back. :/ At least I might get my PS3 with a free copy of Jak and Daxter collection today. Peace, homies.

Last edited by Eagles; December 15, 2013 at 05:50:58 PM.
Old December 15, 2013, 05:31:56 PM
Keldeo

So someone just asked me to trade them both my Genesect and Meloetta.
Not sure how to even respond to that.
Old December 15, 2013, 05:47:50 PM
Shaymin

I'm hoping to get Meloetta and Genesect at some point from (probably) two different people... I lost my Black 2 so I'm actually missing my Deoxys as well. I have a lot of other event legends though (Mew, Jirachi, shiny dogs, etc...) I don't the problem with them just asking you. But even friends would find that to be a difficult thing to give up. Are they offering you anything decent?
Old December 15, 2013, 05:57:31 PM
Rayquaza

So Cairo, Egypt now has snow for the first time in 112 years!

Old December 15, 2013, 06:21:16 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
I'm hoping to get Meloetta and Genesect at some point from (probably) two different people... I lost my Black 2 so I'm actually missing my Deoxys as well. I have a lot of other event legends though (Mew, Jirachi, shiny dogs, etc...) I don't the problem with them just asking you. But even friends would find that to be a difficult thing to give up. Are they offering you anything decent?
Nothing non-event.

Edit: I also discovered just now that he already has a Genesect, too.

Last edited by Dragonite; December 15, 2013 at 07:03:07 PM.
Old December 15, 2013, 06:23:59 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
So Cairo, Egypt now has snow for the first time in 112 years!

This is a very beautiful sight. It's like something in a video game. Like sliding down snow covered pyramids...
Old December 17, 2013, 02:11:23 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
This is a very beautiful sight. It's like something in a video game. Like sliding down snow covered pyramids...
*files under "Ideas for SMW hack levels"*

I got a bow today. :3 It's just a typical Genesis Pro; it's got higher poundage than I'm used to, but it shoots a heck of a lot more consistently than the ones I've been renting for the past few weeks.
Old December 18, 2013, 04:38:04 PM
Shaymin

I was accepted to Princeton
Old December 18, 2013, 04:54:45 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
So what are you planning on doing?
Old December 18, 2013, 05:51:46 PM
Shaymin

I would like to major in mathematics to become a professor
Old December 18, 2013, 06:09:25 PM

Quote:
Wow, congratulations! I was actually thinking about applying for Princeton because of my GPA, but my low SAT grades convinced me otherwise. (I seriously hate that test )

And considering how I'm getting C+'s and B's in my current college, I probably wouldn't be able to do well there...
Old December 18, 2013, 06:50:13 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Wow, congratulations! I was actually thinking about applying for Princeton because of my GPA, but my low SAT grades convinced me otherwise. (I seriously hate that test )

And considering how I'm getting C+'s and B's in my current college, I probably wouldn't be able to do well there...
Main reason I'm going to a community college is because colleges usually don't care about SAT grades when you're a transfer.

Also because I didn't want to go bankrupt in 5 years from student loans like you might be for going to a private out of state college.
Old December 19, 2013, 06:51:59 PM

Well, there's a good possibility that my grandmother will pass away tonight. The worst part was watching her mind slowly deteriorate over time. First came the hallucinations, then she wasn't able to recognize family members, then she couldn't speak in sentences, and then she couldn't speak or eat at all. It wasn't until recently that she was put on strong pain medication to ease her suffering. Oddly...I'm not sad, I'm happy that she's at peace and being relieved of her pain. If she does pass tonight, I'll most likely be attending a wake on either Saturday or Sunday.
Old December 19, 2013, 09:36:29 PM
Servine

Newegg is finally refunding me. I just hope I get the money tomorrow morning, then I can buy the BioShock Trilogy on sale.
Old December 19, 2013, 09:52:46 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Well, there's a good possibility that my grandmother will pass away tonight. The worst part was watching her mind slowly deteriorate over time. First came the hallucinations, then she wasn't able to recognize family members, then she couldn't speak in sentences, and then she couldn't speak or eat at all. It wasn't until recently that she was put on strong pain medication to ease her suffering. Oddly...I'm not sad, I'm happy that she's at peace and being relieved of her pain. If she does pass tonight, I'll most likely be attending a wake on either Saturday or Sunday.
Speaking of which, my mum's sister's husband is not doing well right now.

Well, not doing well is an understatement when he's extremely unlikely to make it to the new year... I hope he does.
Old December 22, 2013, 05:22:41 AM
Kyurem

Half a tree just fell down in my backyard. ._. The weather isn't even that bad; we got freezing rain overnight, but it's not even windy right now and a tree snapped in half without warning.
Old December 31, 2013, 06:37:16 PM
Rayquaza

Well to top off my ridiculously terrible year I've found I'm now on GPA Suspension and my Financial Aid has now been cut off.

I can't find a job and I've never had a close attachment to anyone so there's not much holding me down so I'm probably going to join the Air Force.
Old January 2, 2014, 04:00:37 AM
Regigigas

Oh mah gerd I can finally afford a 3ds I decided to start saving up for one in like September. So happy!
Old January 2, 2014, 02:02:12 PM
Haxorus

Welcome to the cool kids club
Old January 2, 2014, 07:15:14 PM
Keldeo

So I was standing in line at a certain video game festival and this happened:

Not sure how much meaning this has to everyone, but getting to shake Chuggaaconroy's hand was rather cool : D
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Chuggaa.bmp (1,012.6 KB, 680 views)
Old January 2, 2014, 07:28:08 PM
Giratina

The only certain gaming festivals I know going on right now is Magfest. I was going to go but aaaccck college applications and no money. Ah well, there will be other festivals, other years. My best friend went and he had a great time. I should've told him to punch JonTron for me, even though he wouldn't do it

And that just reminded that I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT OTAKON LAS VEGAS WAS A THING HAPPENING TOMORROW. Now I have to add THAT to my list of things for my return trip. But January is such a... an odd month to have it in.
Old January 3, 2014, 06:44:13 AM
Kyurem

Nothing exciting ever happens here. :3
Old January 3, 2014, 06:55:06 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Nothing exciting ever happens here. :3
Glad I'm not the only one.

So were SUPPOSED to have school today but OH WOW LOOK AT THAT A FREAK SNOWSTORM, SCHOOL'S CANCELED. That means I'm not only trapped in this house all day, I also can't go to the one pep band game I was planning on attending. Ugh, at least that means I can do the homework I didn't finish (Not that it really matters, I'm a senior! Hahaha!)

But there is one good thing about it. LOOK AT THIS FREAKISH ICICLE, MAN! GROW, BABY, GROW!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0141.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	781.9 KB
ID:	5887
Old January 3, 2014, 07:05:16 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
The only certain gaming festivals I know going on right now is Magfest. I was going to go but aaaccck college applications and no money. Ah well, there will be other festivals, other years. My best friend went and he had a great time. I should've told him to punch JonTron for me, even though he wouldn't do it
I really badly wanted to go to Magfest this year as well but traveling also costs a lot of money and I have none of it.
Old January 3, 2014, 07:37:20 PM
Giratina

Though today was very terrible and unproductive, I managed to do ONE thing right. I pulled out my guitar to try forgetting about my sadness, and I managed to learn a record breaking FOUR new Beatles songs! Amazing what I can do with a mixture of boredom and depression
Old January 11, 2014, 05:49:46 PM
Giratina

I was talking with a friend about the sax music in Ricco Harbor when I noticed "Rich Harbor" was a pretty funny name. So then I decided to translate all of the location names, and they were all pretty simple. White Hills, Rich Harbor, Ice Cream Beach, Fin Park, Siren Beach (fish seductress, not the annoying sound), Plant Village, and Dolphin Island.

But there was one other thing I noticed. Noki isn't a word in Italian because we don't use the letter k. I figured it was a mistranslation of gnocchi (potato dumplings [and they taste like everything~]) but in Japan the word used was Mare (sea). Even so, they're described as shell people. Does Noki mean shell in Japanese? Just what IS a Noki?
Old January 11, 2014, 11:45:19 PM
Kyurem

I'm still trying to make the most out of my unexpected new budget smartphone due to an unfortunate incident with my last phone. Hmm...

You know it's not worth it to repair something when an upgrade is cheaper.
Old January 12, 2014, 12:13:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
You know it's not worth it to repair something when an upgrade is cheaper.
That's pretty much how budget TVs and phones are built these days. The only reason you'd ever want to repair one is if it's the perfect system for you.
Old January 12, 2014, 12:40:22 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
That's pretty much how budget TVs and phones are built these days. The only reason you'd ever want to repair one is if it's the perfect system for you.
Hehe. Things are a little bit more complicated when the old phone was an old flagship smartphone, though. All these fancy stuff don't come cheap even after all these years.

Sometimes, you just have to move on. That will eventually happen. I just hope that this phone doesn't decide to break after 18 months again.
Old January 12, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
Servine

Start my fifth semester of college tomorrow! I wish they didn't cut my hours at work due to school though.
Old January 12, 2014, 08:08:01 AM
Kyurem

I'm on my sixth semester at this point.
Old January 12, 2014, 04:35:52 PM
Servine

Quote:
I'm on my sixth semester at this point.
Congrats! What are you majoring in?
Old January 13, 2014, 12:12:18 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
Congrats! What are you majoring in?
Computer science.
Old January 13, 2014, 10:05:26 AM
Kyurem

Man i see the site being slow latly, it must have to do with pokebank being still delayed.
Old January 13, 2014, 07:23:32 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Man i see the site being slow latly, it must have to do with pokebank being still delayed.
Isn't it usually slow? ._. I dunno if there's a numeral that keeps track of the posts per day, but back in Midway they did and they'd usually be at around 5-10* without my spamming. With, I would rack it up to around 50 or so. More if my partners were around. I don't know why, but I was usually allowed to post nonsense and try to spark conversation. I'm not as active here as I was on Midway. Plus, I've changed my ways.

Edit: Lol, I completely forgot about Midway's reputation. Anyways, here's a summary of what it was like around '05-'07: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2320157 Sheyla loosened up afterwards, I think. I joined in '08 but wasn't active until '09 and the forum didn't seem as bad anymore. Most of the immature and disruptive people left.

Last edited by Sub-zero; January 13, 2014 at 07:42:19 PM.
Old January 13, 2014, 11:07:27 PM
Kyurem

Speaking of old forums. I saw that the old Pokezam forum was shutdown latly (Do to the massive years if no activity) I was about to go down memory lane and post on it 1 last time, but to find out its gone. I miss that forum, its where me, shadow, and FreezeWarp were from before moving here. (I think Nytz too)
Old January 20, 2014, 01:37:22 PM

Quote:
Speaking of old forums. I saw that the old Pokezam forum was shutdown latly (Do to the massive years if no activity) I was about to go down memory lane and post on it 1 last time, but to find out its gone. I miss that forum, its where me, shadow, and FreezeWarp were from before moving here. (I think Nytz too)
Reminds me of the time when I was considering joining the Uutitan forums before I decided to come here. Only problem was that they closed it down before I could do anything.

I'm also back from my 2-week vacation~
Old January 21, 2014, 06:57:37 PM
Giratina

Okay, well it snowed a whole lot more than I thought it would. Now our 5 day weekend has grown into a 6 day weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the whole week and then it evolves into a 10-day weekend/early spring break/senioritis overload/what the hell is school anyway, I'm a senior.

Now I have another completely free day. I guess I could finish my song, but... I need something to do. I need a life. I need friends.
Old January 21, 2014, 07:01:26 PM
Haxorus

im ur frind : <
Old January 21, 2014, 07:18:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
im ur frind : <
*I need friends to be with physically to spend time with IRL and especially those who will let me play Super Mario 3D World because they are super awesome.

Sorry buddy, but you only fit 75% into those specifics.
Old January 21, 2014, 07:25:16 PM
Haxorus

Well what if I'm actually outside in your backyard and you don't know it? Go check right now, I dare you.
Old January 21, 2014, 07:31:05 PM
Rayquaza

Well if you are then you're freezing your butt off.

Unless you're in Fubab's backyard in which case you're probably dead since Canada has been colder then Mars.

Last edited by Magmaster12; January 21, 2014 at 07:33:21 PM.
Old January 21, 2014, 07:34:43 PM
Giratina

I have been dared. *Goes to look*

*Comes back* Nope, I didn't see anything. Nothing other than snow and the usual foxes and deer. Certainly no people with Super Mario 3D World. Ooh, but if I did? Party tiiiiiime.
Old January 21, 2014, 08:01:32 PM
Haxorus

I must be in somebody else's backyard, then. (._.)
Old January 21, 2014, 08:09:10 PM
Giratina

Maybe you accidentally went to Corey's house. Just a few feet over thattaway!

Seeing all this snow is getting me in the mood to make a snowman. The only problem is that I have never before made a snowman. It'll probably turn out ugly and Lydia will hate me.
Old January 22, 2014, 07:04:50 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Seeing all this snow is getting me in the mood to make a snowman. The only problem is that I have never before made a snowman. It'll probably turn out ugly and Lydia will hate me.
Start small! Make one out of fist-sized snowballs.
Old January 22, 2014, 09:17:34 PM
Shaymin

Quote:

O:
I won't sing it... Makes me sad.

If you do succeed you can always reward yourself by throwing snowballs at it till it breaks... Or get bigger in my case...
Old January 25, 2014, 10:27:30 PM
Giratina

I finally achieved Platinum status on Club Nintendo for the first time! I had 20 coins to go when I checked tonight, and so I started rummaging through all my old DS cases. Eventually I found one with a code which surprisingly worked. I spammed in the survey answers and then BOOM! 820 coins and Platinum rank. This is one of my greatest achievements (because I don't do much.)
Old January 25, 2014, 10:59:54 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I finally achieved Platinum status on Club Nintendo for the first time! I had 20 coins to go when I checked tonight, and so I started rummaging through all my old DS cases. Eventually I found one with a code which surprisingly worked. I spammed in the survey answers and then BOOM! 820 coins and Platinum rank. This is one of my greatest achievements (because I don't do much.)
I got gold status and got my 2014 Nintendo calendar. Its pretty awsome, wish i had platinum status though, i could have gotten that Zelda soundtrack thing.
Old January 26, 2014, 01:31:47 AM
Administrator

Wonder what the 2014 platinum gift is. It's my first time hitting it since the first prize when they converted to Club Nintendo.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 26, 2014 at 01:31:57 AM.
Old January 26, 2014, 05:08:52 AM
Giratina

I was only able to hit it thanks to my Wii U and a few of my friends giving me some of their codes as well. That really boosted me up there. Now I have 820 coins I'm probably not going to spend on anything for a while
Old January 28, 2014, 10:18:14 AM
Kyurem

I looked at the recent post in the gym league thread, and it says im a Gym leader! Yay! Now i just to retain my activness to make sure i stay one. (I havnt been a gym leader on a forum that is well active)
Old January 30, 2014, 06:29:50 AM

I just found out that my Anthropology class today was cancelled. It's my only class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm enjoying a day off.
Old January 30, 2014, 12:22:07 PM
Rayquaza

Biology is going to be even more boring the second time around.

Also now that I'm only taking one class I have WAY to much free time.
Old January 30, 2014, 02:51:48 PM
Kyurem

I downloaded the free Legend of zelda: The 4 swords: Anniversary edition. And its my first even playing this zelda game (or the non-anniversay edition) anywho its kinda hard but easy, its like a puzzle game with some normal zelda gameplay. Oh and you got till sunday to download it for free in 3ds e-shop.
Old January 31, 2014, 09:51:55 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I downloaded the free Legend of zelda: The 4 swords: Anniversary edition. And its my first even playing this zelda game (or the non-anniversay edition) anywho its kinda hard but easy, its like a puzzle game with some normal zelda gameplay. Oh and you got till sunday to download it for free in 3ds e-shop.
The Legend of Zelda: Get Rupees or the Great Fairies Hate You. I'm glad they added in a single player mode but it's really not the same at all unless you're playing it with other people. The only thing I hate more than biased multiplayer games are forced portable multiplayer games with no Wi-Fi. That pretty much disables me from having any real fun.
Old February 1, 2014, 03:37:53 AM
Kyurem

I finally get some alone time...

...only to be rushing a report.
Old February 1, 2014, 09:28:46 AM
Kyurem

Im making a team to use during the super bowl, anyone wanna join me? (I know me and ayunn is going to battle first though, but then i'll switch to my SB team)
Old February 5, 2014, 10:03:48 AM
Giratina

The strangely cold weather is throwing off my school schedule. Closings, delays, half days, freezing rain. Just a bunch of cold natural/naturally cold disasters left and right. And this isn't helping my work ethic, coupled with my senioritis. I'm like at least 50% more lazy when it comes to schoolwork now. :I Can't wait for March, man.

I think I know what's causing this, though! It definitely has something to do with the outbreak of people who love Frozen! The more people see the movie the colder it gets! IT'S A DIRECT CORRELATION!
Old February 5, 2014, 02:35:50 PM
Landorus

Quote:
The strangely cold weather is throwing off my school schedule. Closings, delays, half days, freezing rain. Just a bunch of cold natural/naturally cold disasters left and right. And this isn't helping my work ethic, coupled with my senioritis. I'm like at least 50% more lazy when it comes to schoolwork now. :I Can't wait for March, man.

I think I know what's causing this, though! It definitely has something to do with the outbreak of people who love Frozen! The more people see the movie the colder it gets! IT'S A DIRECT CORRELATION!
That could be...

Or maybe...