Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media > My Little Pony

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 25, 2013, 07:30:22 PM
Rayquaza

Default Thanks for the overkill Bronies

Seriously this is why I find you guys as a fandom annoying at times and why some people are incredibly annoyed by you.
http://www.tv.com/features/best-of-2...nimated-series.

Seriously there's other non pony related shows that are better then MLPFIM but it gets all of the attention because of how obscure the fanbase is, I mean other shows that are better are honest to god struggling because they can't draw any attention at all from there casual fans.

Just wanted to put this out there, MLP is not the best thing ever.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:31:25 PM
Administrator

You're fairly slow. That was from a while ago. Also, aren't you a brony?
Old January 25, 2013, 07:36:10 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
You're fairly slow. That was from a while ago. Also, aren't you a brony?
Sort of, but I don't put this show over everything else like some of the other fans might, that's the point I'm trying to get across.
Old February 10, 2013, 08:23:15 AM
Regigigas

Some people are passionate about things, and that includes the My Little Pony fandom, or 'bronies.' If the show wins, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
there's other non pony related shows that are better then MLPFIM
Opinions are nice. For example, there were many that liked Dr. Who just as much as FiM.

Quote:
I mean other shows that are better are honest to god struggling because they can't draw any attention at all from there casual fans.
Isn't that why they're called 'casual' fans? You won't get any attention from those. As the brony fandom shows, you're gonna get more attention and views from the people that are passionate about the show, not some nine-year-old girl that was bored one Saturday morning and stumbled upon the Hub by pure accident, even if that's what the show's demographic was originally targeted for.

In short, expect this to happen a lot. Some people are just passionate about what they do.
Old February 10, 2013, 09:02:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Seriously there's other non pony related shows that are better then MLPFIM but it gets all of the attention because of how obscure the fanbase is, I mean other shows that are better are honest to god struggling because they can't draw any attention at all from there casual fans.

Just wanted to put this out there, MLP is not the best thing ever.
Are you trying to say your opinion is more right than others' opinions?
Old February 10, 2013, 09:37:59 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Are you trying to say your opinion is more right than others' opinions?
If you think I'm calling out others opinions as wrong, then no I am not I am just calling out my personal annoyance with how the fandom makes out this show to be more good then it actually is all the time. I'm just addressing my incredibly strong annoyance with how the fandom puts the show over everything and leaves little room for other shows that are good.

I mean seriously this is the only show I can talk to other people on the forums about because it's the only people on the internet even seem to care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashArmy View Post
Opinions are nice. For example, there were many that liked Dr. Who just as much as FiM.
Yeah but that show isn't struggling

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 10, 2013 at 09:40:55 AM.
Old February 10, 2013, 09:47:21 AM
Giratina

Quote:
If you think I'm calling out others opinions as wrong, then no I am not I am just calling out my personal annoyance with how the fandom makes out this show to be more good then it actually is all the time. I'm just addressing my incredibly strong annoyance with how the fandom puts the show over everything and leaves little room for other shows that are good
Then don't say "There are better shows out there" because one show being better than another to one person is a matter of opinion.
Old February 10, 2013, 10:09:20 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Then don't say "There are better shows out there" because one show being better than another to one person is a matter of opinion.
That still doesn't mean you guys should just be willing to talk about only one show despite how good it is.

Let me just ask you people, is MLPFIM your favorite and only show on TV you watch right now?

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 10, 2013 at 10:09:44 AM.
Old February 10, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Administrator

I don't watch much TV, but Friendship is Magic is not the only show I like. I personally don't like applying "single favorite" to things like TV shows, movies, songs, books, and the like. They'd always be changing. Instead, I will say that FIM is among my favorite shows.
Old February 10, 2013, 11:08:14 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
I am just calling out my personal annoyance with how the fandom makes out this show to be more good then it actually is all the time.
Understandable, but then:
Quote:
I am just calling out my personal annoyance with how the fandom makes out this show to be more good then it actually is all the time.
It's all subject to opinion, and always will be. I can understand your annoyance with the fandom, but there are some people, not including myself, that truly believe that FiM is their favorite show and is really good. Their opinion is just as valid as yours. They might think it's amazing, and you might think that's okay or even mediocre.

Quote:
I'm just addressing my incredibly strong annoyance with how the fandom puts the show over everything
Not everybody does that, you know. A select individuals do not represent the fandom as a whole, and especially not the brony fandom.

Quote:
Yeah but that show isn't struggling
Which show? Both of them seem to be doing pretty well, since they haven't been axed and FiM has been cleared recently for a third season and a TV movie, not to mention the VA's appearances at the cons and whatnot. They're both pretty awesome shows, but hey, that's my opinion.
Old February 10, 2013, 11:10:22 AM
Giratina

Quote:
That still doesn't mean you guys should just be willing to talk about only one show despite how good it is.

Let me just ask you people, is MLPFIM your favorite and only show on TV you watch right now?
I don't even watch MLP:FIM.

The show has managed to collect a very large fanbase that isn't afraid to hide their love for the show, unlike some other shows where fans will be like "Yeah, I watch the show every now and again I guess..."
I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than is necessary.
Old February 10, 2013, 01:21:14 PM
Rayquaza

Okay gonna stop now before the entire forum turns against me, it's been so freaking hard to even care about or talk to any of you guys about anything ever since the chat died for good.

Last edited by Magmaster12; February 10, 2013 at 01:23:41 PM.