Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Technology
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 9, 2010, 01:33:42 PM
Zoroark

Exclamation Antivirus Soft

One time when I was using my computer, I got a pop up and it said it was called Antivirus Soft. So I exited out of the Internet and I opened AVG and an error message and it said that the file was infected, I tried to open task manager, and it said that file was infected too. I couldn't open anything because it said every file was infected. My dad and I couldn't find a way to stop it. So he rebooted the whole computer.

I need ways to fix that.
Old July 9, 2010, 03:06:01 PM
Haxorus

Use MBAM.

Trust me.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:19:03 PM
Floatzel

This has happened to me before. You need to go to Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>User Accounts>Manage Accounts>create a new account. Make a new account and delete the old one. You'll lose anything saved in your user directory. (This was done in Windows Vista)
Old July 10, 2010, 06:50:03 PM
Haxorus

I advise you to use Malwarebytes anti-Malware, further more DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER AT THIS CONDITION THAT YOUR IN, thirdly go to youtube by using firefox to check how other's take it off.
Old July 10, 2010, 07:02:23 PM
Kyurem

Like any virus, you just ****ing delete it. If Windows Explorer is blocked, you open safe mode. If that is blocked you go into DOS/Command Prompt. This is exactly what AntiVirus software does, it just does it for you (so you don't make a mistake, or in a more timely manner). Of course, this isn't always 100% possible - Cat would write one heck of a virus.

Oh, you may find this a better solution: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6130503AA4OfqX
Old July 17, 2010, 04:36:51 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Like any virus, you just ****ing delete it.
all this hostility ._.
Old July 20, 2010, 04:22:46 AM
Haxorus

Default Here's a SPECTACULAR idea...

Don't download anything and everything you encounter.

I haven't used antivirual software in years, by way of careful file checks. You can always check a file for malicious wares, or simply never download anything. File legitimacy is never guaranteed, but only using trusted sources can increase your safety as well.

There are also pseudo-spychecking methods one can use cheaply [or cheaper than Spyware], and these are as simple as using a two-state HDD system, wherein you use a small HDD to download the file/program, confirm it's legitimacy, and continue to carry it over to a main storage. Alternatively, one can ask a trusted Pi---Er... An experienced computer geek [Like those of us here] on what's safe and what isn't. Real, literal, and actual software Pir--- /./COUGH././ computer geeks like me don't spread our digitally-transmitted diseases like the fake-outs do. We believe software and information should be shared freely, but safely, thus furthering the net's safety when our advice is taken into consideration.

As a final note, I'd like to point out that just deleting the file is not always enough. Unless you have HDD over-writers, the information is still technically on your HDD until it is written over by higher-priority data. If you want to confirm your data security, one recommendation is to delete the viral infection, then over-write it manually by crating an exuberant amount of dummy files [either massive text-based files, like a huge Rich Text Format with just a bunch of copy/pasta, millions of characters in length, or massive blank .PNG files], copy and paste them in a folder, and copy/paste those folders until you've basically taken up your entire HDD with blank files. o_o;

This way, the "deleted" Viral infection can't work it's way back into your main system when left to bide.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:03:52 AM
Servine

Quote:
This way, the "deleted" Viral infection can't work it's way back into your main system when left to bide.
VIRUS used BIDE. VIRUS is storing power! 83
Old July 20, 2010, 07:35:17 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacherousVixenn View Post
VIRUS used BIDE. VIRUS is storing power! 83
._.;

Hexadecimel Editor used Disable! Virus is unable to use Bide any further!
Old July 21, 2010, 10:50:54 PM
Volcarona

I second every thing freeze said:
In addition the comment about Internet Exporter.
Yes it has issues but you can use it as long as you secure your system this applies to all applications.

1) very simple thing will protect you from %60 of viruses (no I did not pull the out of my ....) Microsoft own finding.(If i find the link i will post)

Simply need to have 2 accounts
Limited account (Do everything while logged in here)
Administrator (Only install application) DO NOT BROWSE THE INTERNET HERE

Also when your logged in under the limited account.
any thing that needs to be installed right click and select "run as".
you can then run it as admin with out switching users.

I have given my little brothers access to a pc for the last 4 years we have had 1 indecent and you they know the admin pass.

And the once indecent all we had to do is remove the infected user account and remake it.(I didn't have to fix it they did it alone.)

Irony being the two big linux users on this site know this stuff so well.
ME and Freeze

Last edited by KingOfKYA; July 21, 2010 at 10:52:54 PM.
Old July 22, 2010, 04:50:39 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKYA View Post
Irony being the two big linux users on this site know this stuff so well.
ME and Freeze
ಠ_ಠ

Them's fightin' words.

The best protection is becoming the cause. Why do you think I run a wall-less system? Being paranoid and "Precautious" is a terrible idea. It's just like those parents who make their kids wash their hands after they come home from school, and douse them with Purell every ten minutes. You lose your immunities.

The truly best method of avoiding spyware and virus' is to simply not download things. The next best method, if you actually [i]use[/] the internet, is to learn how to actually protect yourself. KYA's right, in running the net off of a secondary account. But what's the point of that? Losing admin privileges so you don't accidentally shove your head up your ass and download a program or file that's obviously malicious?

Just avoid being stupid, if you're not smart enough to defend yourself. ._.