Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 1, 2011, 06:28:44 AM
Rayquaza

Default Congress wants to make streaming a felony!

I'm not good at summing things up so I'm just gonna copy and paste a link to all the info now

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter...hVZPC&rd=1&t=1

This must be stopped now not only to keep everyone who has ever done this out of our already overcrowded prisons but so our country doesn't feel the right to make any more insane laws.
Old July 1, 2011, 07:32:20 AM
Kyurem

...So in other words the millions of people who use Netflix will have nothing to watch because the stuff on TV sucks, and every YouTube video with background music will be gone.

Sigh... this is not one of their best ideas.
Old July 1, 2011, 11:48:18 AM
Volcarona

.................................................. ................*facepalm*

Seriously now, this is just insane.

Last edited by LucarioMario; July 1, 2011 at 12:22:12 PM.
Old July 1, 2011, 11:53:07 AM
Giratina

I think all of us kids who sit on Youtube all day would go assassinate the Congress if this happened. xD
Old July 1, 2011, 12:12:13 PM
Giratina

This'll end up like the last 20 bills like this: In the trash and forgotten.
Old July 1, 2011, 02:38:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
I'm not good at summing things up so I'm just gonna copy and paste a link to all the info now

http://act.demandprogress.org/letter...hVZPC&rd=1&t=1

This must be stopped now not only to keep everyone who has ever done this out of our already overcrowded prisons but so our country doesn't feel the right to make any more insane laws.
I don't think this would be the kind of crime punishable by prison time, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
This'll end up like the last 20 bills like this: In the trash and forgotten.
Quite true. I don't think people really have to worry about this at all, since getting a bill passed is no easy task! Thank you AP Government for teaching me this!
Old July 1, 2011, 06:04:08 PM
Kyurem

You guys are idiots... Frankly, how in the world could it possibly make a difference if I even /try/ to explain it? Well, what the hell, I haven't been trolled in a while:

1. "Streaming" only applies to streams unauthorized by copyright holders. NEARLY EVERYTHING (actually, EVERYTHING, because of Youtube's legal agreement) uploaded on Youtube DOES NOT apply here (...seriously, how in the world did anyone come to that conclusion?) The same applies with everything else.
2. If you are concerned about "prison overcrowding" get off your butt and start protesting this disproven war on drugs.

Really, I'm not interested enlightening anyone, but if you honestly have a single opinion about this, /please/ get the truth. Also, demand progress is ****ing stupid.

(p.s. For full disclosure's sake, I /am/ against this bill, but for the right reasons...)

(p.p.s. I'm sure none of you are actually idiots. For the record, I think this about 99.7% of America, and most people here are among the better. Still, at least be informed xD We've got too many Fox News lunatics already!)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; July 1, 2011 at 06:05:53 PM.