Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 24, 2011, 02:26:28 PM
Kyurem

Default My Thanks to you, VR

(If this isn't in the right place, let me know. It'll spare me the embarrassment later)

Well, I don't know if I say this as often as I should, but I felt like I should show my thanks. With the Christmas season coming around, the whole gift-giving process is among us. So here's my gift to my internet-home for the past one and a half years, and it's my gratitude.

I guess I should start by saying that I've never kept a solid commitment on the Internet for this long. This is the longest I've kept something up without a super-long hiatus, and I'm not sure that I should be proud of that (my parents clearly aren't) but I've sure enjoyed my time on VR. I've made many, many great friends here and learned about the world of interaction. Maybe this is a first step to actual interaction with people I can meet face-to-face, I don't know. But one thing's for sure - my avoidant personality has gotten much better ever since I came to VR, so I give you my gratitude for that.

I didn't know, back when I was a barely-active member of the Pokebeach forums, that I would ever get to become part of a family on VR. It almost seems like yesterday when I first saw the primitive Pokedoptables in a Pokebeach member's signature and adopted my Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, and Turtwig (which are still in my signature today). That was my introduction to VR. Now, granted, I knew about Cat333Pokemon and PokeRemixStudio long before I came here, but I never knew about this forum. I was reluctant to join at first, but when I saw how well people got along here and my "rejection" by other members on the Pokebeach forums, I decided to flee here. Oh, what a day that was - June 17th, 2010.

I had my doubts from time to time. But when I was warmly welcomed by staff members, such as PokeRemixStudio, Luxray13579, Fubab_107, Ningamer, Yoshi648, SK, Magmaster12, Neo Pikachu, and James, I was overjoyed. Come to think of it, all but 3 (TheRagingTyrannitar, Velociraptor78, and blueumbreon) were staff. I felt incredibly accepted, despite my quirk to randomly post "The Mighty Tsutaaja" on my posts (yes, Snivy's name wasn't revealed yet).

I enjoyed the 2010 year with a great passion. Being wished a happy birthday by my comrades, chatting with people on the old Victory Road Chat, and even having an alt war amongst some people. I made friends with even more staff, like GreenLiquid and Alakazamaster, Shadow, The Spirit of Time, and Jason_Henge. And getting crowned for best signature in the 2010 VR yearbook was quite an honor...but placing 2nd in Friendliest Member really tugged at my heartstrings. Tying for 3rd on Biggest Pokemon fan was also a nice touch. For once, I felt accepted for who I was, unlike at school, where I was ostracized for my liking of Pokemon.

2011 came along and I continued by GPotM tradition each month, after starting with Maractus and continuing forward. I soon became really good friends with LiteTheIronMan after he and I partnered up in a roleplay that we attended. That was a wonderful time, and I put my knowledge and passion to good use when writing the posts for us. But then, as the months progressed, times changed. There was the VB adoptables boom, and the leaving of a lot of the staff, including Fubab_107, LiteTheIronMan, FreezeWarp, and OMGITSJAD (who I see stalking the forums every now and then, though). I began to see the forum in a new light. Friends such as Connec and Lucaria and other such members having issues amongst their own life. I found myself caught in the middle in feuds between my mother and sister.

But I always found that I could escape here. I could always find someone who I could discuss my problems with, and accept me with open arms. I never had a support system quite like that, for I always dealt with my problems by having some time to myself, locked up in my own room, musing. I never particularly enjoyed that, especially since I really loathed the feuds.

And so the months passed on. Aquablast and I shared our VR birthday as it passed. I saw new members such as 7dewott8, SyracuvatTenlii, GalliumGrant, and Reuniclus. Of course, I still missed old friends - The Tropius of Tropiuses, MultiWishMaker, KrayzeeGuy...they all sort of disappeared after a while. I guess I saw them occasionally, lurking the forum, but I never got a chance to talk to them. It was sad, but my new friends helped me through. I met more friends as I opened up my Sprite Shop and my signature went through many revamps.

And the rest, dear forum, is history.

So here's to many more months and years of VR. It's truly been an honor to be amongst your ranks. I felt that I really needed to pay my due respects to VR, to the forum that has been my home away from home for the past 1 year, 6 months, and 1 week. Sure, this might have been more appropriate for when it was my VR birthday, but I spared the time. I had stuff to do then, I guess.

So thanks infinitely to one and all who was here when no one else was. Thanks to the staff who kept me from doing anything stupid while I looked around the forums. Thanks to everyone, guys...I seriously appreciate all that you've done. And that my dear friends...

Is my gratitude.
(Geddit? It's a Shaymin, and it's the Gratitude Pokemon, and...hooray for bad jokes!)
Old December 24, 2011, 03:17:54 PM
Volcarona

Well, I can certainly say you've got it better than me. ;3
The last few months around here were crazy for me, but
luckily you didn't get that. I hope you continue to enjoy
spending time on this site. I'd really hate it if you were to leave.

- Gallium
Old December 24, 2011, 11:00:09 PM
Mudkip

This was a rather well written, thought out, meaningful post. I like it Grass. x)
Old December 26, 2011, 07:52:09 AM
Regigigas

I know how you feel Grass. Before coming here I was extremely shy with very few people I could call friends. But now, I have lots of friends who actually care, and I also care for them.

Makes me wonder where I would be right now if I hadn't found this place.
Old December 26, 2011, 07:15:23 PM
Giratina

Oh, so am I not your new friend?! Lol jk omg that was touching xD Well written
Old December 26, 2011, 07:19:36 PM
Servine

I have no idea what to say. My story: I made a thread, everyone said I had a sick username... and yeah.
Old January 1, 2012, 04:00:04 AM
Giratina

Grass, you have always been a pleasure on the forums and I'm glad that it helped you develop into a more social person. I found what you wrote sincere and meaningful, and I hope that you will continue to spend time on VR.
Old January 2, 2012, 06:39:11 AM
Kyurem

Grass you were like my first friend here, thanks for saying my name above.
Old January 11, 2012, 07:35:26 AM
Administrator

I swear, I really need to pay more attention to this board. I missed this thread!

Thank you very much, Grass. It's good to see you again, too, and it has certainly been a wild year and a half having you around.
Old January 11, 2012, 07:57:29 AM
Rayquaza

Don't feel bad, Cat, I missed this too! D:

Anyway, I am glad my name is mentioned in your post, and I will always regard you as the best role-player in the forums.