Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 25, 2009, 03:38:49 AM
Joltik

Default A Petition to make network sites tighten down on abuse

The purpose of this petition is to get sites such as YouTube, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and other social networking websites to stop the abuse given towards people who are homosexual and people who are of other nationalities etc. So by signing this petition we will be contacting these social networking sites to stop the abuse given to the users of the afformentioned sites and categories.
This is the link: http://petitions.tigweb.org/AnXonHarras ... =898356793
Old October 25, 2009, 08:15:57 AM
Charizard

Default Re: A Petition to make network sites tighten down on abuse

I don't exactly think that those sites "are" the ones giving the abuse but the people in it instead. The other thing is the internet is the largest place for people to share their opinions and for those sites to start setting rules on what you can/can't say is just wrong. It's techincally taking away freedom of speech. I don't know if I'm taking it too far but that's just my opinion on these things, kinda like how our president wants to take control of the internet is the same concept. Just to clarify, I'm not being offensive to anything here so don't take it the wrong way.
Old October 25, 2009, 09:08:12 AM
Administrator

Default Re: A Petition to make network sites tighten down on abuse

Very rarely is the actual owners/administrators of the big name sites. It's almost always the members who share their offense.