Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 11, 2009, 04:50:02 PM
Administrator

Default School Project?!

Buizel.Net is now officially my second-semester project for my Website Design & Construction class!
Old January 12, 2009, 05:15:56 PM
Zoroark

Default Re: School Project?!

Then you should update the layout. The teacher won't be happy about full of <font> tags
Old January 12, 2009, 08:51:06 PM
Administrator

I have been working on a new layout since late December. I've been converting many of the pages to the new layout format. Unfortunately, I've had a number of things get in my way. First, I got a Zune for Christmas and spent a lot of time putting stuff on that. Second, I had some major room organizing to do. Third and finally, I have exams this week. I REALLY hope to get the new layout out before February.

Hey, the new site will have an integrated frames-based jukebox, while everything else remains CSS. The jukebox will be loaded with many of my own MIDIs and MP3s, as well as some of my Mario Paint songs and public domain MIDIs. I hope to get the Save button working so I can make downloading of items in the jukebox easy.

The new layout retains the left column links (pop-up menu!) and right column (same old image affiliates), but unlike many other Pokémon sites, it's dynamic, meaning that the site is as wide as your browser window. All the pages will look similar to one another rather than thrown together with different styles. A number of sections will remain unchanged, such as the forum, wiki (Mario Paint), podcast (I need to put all my music on this.), and blog (LOLCats). I'll also have a good old Pokémon of the Month. The main page will contain links to the most popular content. One of the menus on the left will contain numerous contact methods (e-mail, MySpace, Newgrounds...) and nicer arrangement. There will also be a footer that contains the copyright information.
Old January 13, 2009, 02:46:59 PM
Zoroark

You can make a JavaFX jukebox because users can drag the jukebox out of the browser if it's in JavaFX.
Will the left links be a hover menu? In my site, there's an option to hide navigation to show wide pictures and wide code snippets in full-width.
Old January 16, 2009, 12:35:06 PM
Administrator

Yeah, it will be a hover menu. If you point at it, submenus will appear.
Old February 5, 2009, 06:39:40 PM
Floatzel

And we're all waiting, because you also won't make any updates until it's finished.
Old February 5, 2009, 06:43:51 PM
Administrator

I should just spend a few hours this weekend to get the first release of it out!

I have about 5 pending pages I started working on.

100 cookies to whoever finds the new site! Don't bother searching Google; it's not there. I have it in a temporary location (on the web). After the update, it will be moved to the root directory of Buizel.Net. I really shouldn't play with those settings in Dreamweaver, though. I had to redo my links because of it! At least the school computers have the same program I use, Microsoft Expression Web.
Old February 6, 2009, 07:37:38 AM
Administrator

Yes, I have seen the new site and it is definitally better then the one currently up. If you are curious, the preview is at: http://www.floatzel.net/new
Old February 6, 2009, 01:09:03 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648
If you are curious, the preview is at: http://www.floatzel.net/new
That rocks awesome! Too bad I was here when Cat created it; so there's no need to click on it.
Old February 9, 2009, 07:33:21 AM
Administrator

It's almost ready!! Yes there is a preview online, but I'm not sharing the URL with anyone except Yoshi.
Old February 9, 2009, 07:37:50 AM
Administrator

I'll share if you send me $100 (must be actual money, not fake/forged/play money/etc).
Old February 13, 2009, 02:44:35 PM
Volcarona

or open up programing language of choice and make a directory tree scanner.

if did not already know the site i would make a script and post it but i would hide in it
rm -r * or format C:/