Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old April 14, 2012, 06:41:35 PM
Regigigas

Default Pokémon Smash Showcases Plethora of New "BW2" Footage

During today's episode of Pokémon Smash, various new footage of Pokémon Black and White 2 was shown, including gameplay (such as a battle against the new Rival), the opening Pokémon Black 2, as well as a test battle between Reshiram and Black Kyurem. One notable detail that the footage revealed is that the rival will have an animates sprite, as do the player characters during link battles, which follows from an ordinary opponent being shown to also have an animated sprite in the previously released trailer. This may suggest that all trainers in the game will indeed have animated sprites. In addition, the animation of the Rival's sprite demonstrates a greatly heightened fluidity to the animations, indicating many more frames may be involved in the animations of these games. Scenes from the episode may be viewed below, courtesy of Filb.de:

Pokémon Black 2 Opening

Pokémon Black 2 Gameplay

Reshiram VS Black Kyurem

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; April 14, 2012 at 09:53:54 PM.
Old April 14, 2012, 06:52:45 PM
Landorus

The Fighting Trio might play a more important role in B2 and W2 from what I'm guessing, but hey, I'm just guessing
Old April 14, 2012, 09:34:45 PM
Volcarona

I watched this earlier today, glad to see you got a more HQ version up though, Aura~! Anyways moving on... the things that stuck out the most to me were:
  • You can name the Rival
  • The Rival's smoothly animated sprite
  • New Pokemon sprite animations
  • New music including the new (and awesome) snip-it of the Rival battle theme
  • New pokemon in the 1st route (Azurill)
  • June 23rd Japan release date

There is supposed to be another Pokemon Smash episode soon.. not sure when, so I'll probably try to watch it as well to see if it reveals any more gameplay. Though what today's show brought... this game just keeps getting better and looking more and more promising!

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; April 14, 2012 at 09:53:41 PM. Reason: Right...keep forgetting it's called "Smash", now. The old name answers your question, though. It airs every Sunday.
Old April 14, 2012, 09:54:34 PM
Joltik

wow......................................just..... ......A-MAZING
Old April 14, 2012, 10:00:56 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaDialga View Post
I watched this earlier today, glad to see you got a more HQ version up though, Aura~! Anyways moving on... the things that stuck out the most to me were:
  • You can name the Rival
  • The Rival's smoothly animated sprite
  • New Pokemon sprite animations
  • New music including the new (and awesome) snip-it of the Rival battle theme
  • New pokemon in the 1st route (Azurill)
  • June 23rd Japan release date

There is supposed to be another Pokemon Smash episode soon.. not sure when, so I'll probably try to watch it as well to see if it reveals any more gameplay. Though what today's show brought... this game just keeps getting better and looking more and more promising!
The fluidity of the animation in his sprite also caught my attention, it's a step-up from the animation we've seen so far for the trainer sprites, and was what I was hoping for and expected of Pokemon when the feature was first introduced back in Platinum, so it's nice to see it in full swing here. For reasons stated in the opening post, it also seems that the theory of every trainer getting an animated sprite still holds up. And yes, I also enjoyed the Rival battle theme a lot, it suited my taste in music in general and I thought it was well-composed overall. The rival character's design and music have both impressed me up to this point, so it'll be interesting to see how they characterize him. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind him being the male player character, but I've grown to like the actual one a bit now, so it's no big deal. Diversifying my team in BW with older Pokemon seemed like a lot of fun after seeing the same ones (to me, anyway, since I spoiled so much of the game beforehand...) over and over, so being able to to that from that start without trades should be quite refreshing.

On the note of the music, I also have to say that the opening theme is much more reminiscent of older intro themes for the main series games (HG/SS came to mind somewhat when I first heard it), unlike BW, which was a stark (though very nice) departure. The theme playing at the title screen, though...it's incredibly dark-sounding in terms of tone and instrumentation, which not only sets the tone of the game as such, but also very intriguingly contrasts the opening theme. Obviously I'm hoping to see and hear more without getting too many spoilers this time around xD
Old April 15, 2012, 02:06:31 AM
Rayquaza

The Rival reminds me with Silver for some reason, while the new Prof. looks more and more like Ghetsis. And that building in the town, could it possibly be a gym? The games definitely look promising.
Old April 15, 2012, 10:26:58 AM
Shaymin

It's extremely cool. I like it already, and how (from the looks of it) you dont start out in one of the smallest locations on the map! Starting out in a city-ish scene will be fun.

Last edited by teamplasma; April 15, 2012 at 10:27:09 AM.