Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 11, 2010, 09:19:28 PM
Zoroark

Default The very last episode...

Note: This is aimed to be as neutral as possible about the anime, so no extreme comments please.

Many of us veteran trainers grew up with the show, Pokemon, as kids. I remember Saturday mornings as a 9 year old waking up with friends to sing the Jigglypuff theme song (yeah, we were lame, I know). The movies are treated the same way. The first movie (of which many of us I can assume enjoyed a lot when it came out) came out near my birthday and was a featured gift for all of us to watch for my party.

So, now to the point.

In the show, Ash Ketchum has traversed all of Kanto, challenged the lands of Johto, conquered the gyms of Hoenn, and is reaching a conclusion in his journey through Sinnoh. Many special episodes have occurred and the movies keep coming.

Now we're on the onset of a new generation and, with that, a new region.

My question though is: When will the anime truly end?

Will it reach a conclusion when Ash loses/wins in the Pokemon League for Sinnoh? Will a new character take Ash's place from now on? Will the series just keep going? Could this 5th generation allow for Ash's journey to continue for one more region?

Personally, I've been thinking about what the last episode will actually be like and was curious what you people thought. Will it be a built-up, dramatic conclusion that ties everything we know about the series (new and old) into one ultimate episode, or will the show simply end at some point and not really conclude Ash's journey?

Thoughts please.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:24:43 PM
Administrator

Team Rocket captures Pikachu, but right before thy hand him over to Giovanni, he randomly evolves into a Raichu and zaps everyone into oblivion. The end.

Seriously though, I am sure the anime will continue to run as long as Pokemon is popular. I'm sure for the next gen it will continue with Ash, Brock, and the female player from the game (or someone else entirely). As for when the last episode does eventually come, I'm sure it will probably be something epic like Ash becoming the Champion or something.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:43:27 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Team Rocket captures Pikachu, but right before thy hand him over to Giovanni, he randomly evolves into a Raichu and zaps everyone into oblivion. The end.

Seriously though, I am sure the anime will continue to run as long as Pokemon is popular. I'm sure for the next gen it will continue with Ash, Brock, and the female player from the game (or someone else entirely). As for when the last episode does eventually come, I'm sure it will probably be something epic like Ash becoming the Champion or something.
And then retreating into Mt. Silver of course.

Isn't Sinnoh like the first season Ash's Pokemon are actually fully evolved except for Buizel and Pikachu? That's pretty epic for him.

I personally want to see all his old Pokemon again and for him to challenge someone that sort of "endows" him with being the ultimate champion even though he isn't. I mean, he's suppose to be us, the player, right?
Old May 12, 2010, 02:11:19 AM
Rayquaza

Ash walks off into the sunset after becoming champion going off to a new region.

And angers all the shippers.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:07:35 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
And angers all the shippers.
Mag.
Old May 12, 2010, 08:36:49 AM
Haxorus

Money makes the PokeWorld go round.
No really I bet they will even show Seasons after I am dead.

*50 years later*
"Yeah I caught pokemon No.576,587 or was it No.576,586?"
"Haha my Predictliblu beat your Arceus.. easy"

Last edited by Dilster3000; May 12, 2010 at 08:37:57 AM.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:09:46 PM
Shaymin

He and Pikachu need to destroy 50,000 Bikes before they end the show.
THEY MUST!
Old May 13, 2010, 06:49:38 PM
Kyurem

Hmmm I heard somewhere that they were going to introduce a new protagonist to the show and discard Ash. I can not see why, and it was probably just a rumor.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:10:01 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Hmmm I heard somewhere that they were going to introduce a new protagonist to the show and discard Ash. I can not see why, and it was probably just a rumor.

Wow, that's funny. My girlfriend heard the same thing recently from a friend. Told me this on Wednesday.

Don't know what that would be like if it's true. A featured anime without Ash? I mean, special episodes are one thing, but this is big for a series that has featured him for about a decade.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:15:55 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
I posted the same thing in Serebii Forums and Serebii(the administrator) said that they are all 'gross hoaxes'.
Old May 14, 2010, 04:19:53 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Same here. I actually seem excited for it, too.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:32:21 PM
Servine

They're not going to replace Ash, as it was a mistranslation on a Japanese web page which led to that rumor. The creators of the show have stated they will never replace Ash.

The very last episode of Pokemon will likely be mid-series whatever season is being produced, since it would take a catastrophic and abrupt end to put an end to Pokemon; it seems Pokemon is not going to run out of momentum any time soon. They may even plan a "special" which concludes the Pokemon series, but it still seems unlikely we'll see something like that any time soon.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:10:00 PM
Charizard

At this rate, Ash is NEVER going to be a Pokemon Master while we the fans have already achieved the title multiple times. The Anime has to end sometime, I was hoping for a new start in 5th gen, with a new main character, but now all my dreams have been crushed thanks to the concept art....

Really, every episode since the start of Hoenn has been the exact same:

Ash and friends find random house/town/person #258, who needs help with random task #384, involving *insert random Pokemon here*, Ash and friends accept to do the task for no reason whatsoever, they spend 18 or so minutes of the episode doing the task, Meowth has a random fantasy of something that will unlikely happen, then Team Rocket attacks for no apparent reason, shouts out their pointless motto, steals *insert Pokemon here*, and attacks with a random mecha that has no real importance, then "Peekachoo, yoose thundabolt! PIIIIIKACHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! We're blasting off again!!!!!!". Blah blah blah Ash and friends leave, forgetting that any of the events actually happened, THE END!!

Really, that's the basic formula of each episode, and personally, I think it is just torture to the fans, this is why the series is not as popular anymore, CAUSE IT GETS VERY OLD QUICKLY!!!!!! Occasionally, they come up with a half-decent episode, which goes good until the writers do something to screw it up, for example: "Pikachu, use thunderbolt.......ON YOURSELF!!!!!"

Hopefully, this next season will follow the games better than what it is currently doing, In fact, you know who most of the people who bought HG/SS were? Teens, longtime fans, whom the company clearly does not care about (I'm not lying, this is really why the games are still popular). You know, I want to see Nintendo do SOMETHING to appeal the older fans of the franchise for once.........

Personnaly, I prefer the air think they should have made Pokemon Special the anime instead of this crap.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
They're not going to replace Ash, as it was a mistranslation on a Japanese web page which led to that rumor. The creators of the show have stated they will never replace Ash.
Are they just trying to torture us, cause he HAS to give up sometime since what he is doing is leading him NOWHERE to his goal, won't they realize what they are doing is wrong, it's the same episode, week after week after week, just with minor changes, apparently, they must be real lazy to come up with a good plot..........

Last edited by Masterge77; July 10, 2010 at 01:18:45 PM.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:47:20 PM
Magikarp

i remember when the anime was very popular, now a days the anime is boring just like what Masterge77 said. it would be interesting if the anime followed some of the storyline in the games and 2nd gen ftw

Last edited by Aquaguy34; July 10, 2010 at 01:50:34 PM.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:37:55 PM
Haxorus

Ash will become champion of X-region and that season of the anime ends. The newest season will feature entirely new people with new stories, Pokemon, etc. It would still contain references to older seasons (A new character enters a PKMN Contest where the winner gets to face off of May/Dawn, meet up with the Day-Care Man Brock and his trusty Croagunc/Toxicroak, things like that). This will only happen if they choose to replace Ash and Co., which has a slim chance.

I doubt Pokemon will ever end until a bajillion years into the future where everything blows up.

Last edited by mariothecellist; July 10, 2010 at 02:38:55 PM.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:59:39 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
At this rate, Ash is NEVER going to be a Pokemon Master while we the fans have already achieved the title multiple times. The Anime has to end sometime, I was hoping for a new start in 5th gen, with a new main character, but now all my dreams have been crushed thanks to the concept art....

Really, every episode since the start of Hoenn has been the exact same:

Ash and friends find random house/town/person #258, who needs help with random task #384, involving *insert random Pokemon here*, Ash and friends accept to do the task for no reason whatsoever, they spend 18 or so minutes of the episode doing the task, Meowth has a random fantasy of something that will unlikely happen, then Team Rocket attacks for no apparent reason, shouts out their pointless motto, steals *insert Pokemon here*, and attacks with a random mecha that has no real importance, then "Peekachoo, yoose thundabolt! PIIIIIKACHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! We're blasting off again!!!!!!". Blah blah blah Ash and friends leave, forgetting that any of the events actually happened, THE END!!

Really, that's the basic formula of each episode, and personally, I think it is just torture to the fans, this is why the series is not as popular anymore, CAUSE IT GETS VERY OLD QUICKLY!!!!!! Occasionally, they come up with a half-decent episode, which goes good until the writers do something to screw it up, for example: "Pikachu, use thunderbolt.......ON YOURSELF!!!!!"

Hopefully, this next season will follow the games better than what it is currently doing, In fact, you know who most of the people who bought HG/SS were? Teens, longtime fans, whom the company clearly does not care about (I'm not lying, this is really why the games are still popular). You know, I want to see Nintendo do SOMETHING to appeal the older fans of the franchise for once.........

Personnaly, I prefer the air think they should have made Pokemon Special the anime instead of this crap.......

Are they just trying to torture us, cause he HAS to give up sometime since what he is doing is leading him NOWHERE to his goal, won't they realize what they are doing is wrong, it's the same episode, week after week after week, just with minor changes, apparently, they must be real lazy to come up with a good plot..........
Wow. Amen Masterge77. You speak my feelings very closely.

Honestly, I still enjoy the animation and battles of the show. They're the only thing that keeps me interested on a Saturday morning when my brother and I are channel surfing find one of the new episodes. A good gym/rival battle really does change it up (there aren't enough of those anymore).

I believe I stated this before that this thread isn't meant to hate on the anime, and I'm glad people realize this. I wrote what I did months ago based on the fact that I still watch the show and I still try to enjoy parts of it. I was there from the beginning and truly have seen the difference.

There are people that enjoy the new generations of the anime. Otherwise, the show wouldn't go as long as it has (like many other game spin-offs). It's more a tragic turn for long time turns.

The movies are still relatively good, and particular episodes of Pokemon really do stand out, but it really isn't the same anymore...or perhaps, "too much" of the same.
Old July 12, 2010, 07:57:04 AM
Charizard

To me, it seems that the anime is drifting further and further away from the games, and with all the events lately, it seems like they are trying to combine game cannon with anime cannon, except that they're making the games more like the anime than the anime like the games, that's why event Pokemon are being made like crazy currently (on that note, why the hell did they have to make Zorua event only, in fact, why did the make event Pokemon in the first place, it's not like Game Freak is making enough money as it is, Nintendo is jut using Game Freak to make the games so that they can waste the hard earned money on pointless products and accesories that nobody will buy like the Wii Zapper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjack91 View Post
Wow. Amen Masterge77. You speak my feelings very closely.

Honestly, I still enjoy the animation and battles of the show. They're the only thing that keeps me interested on a Saturday morning when my brother and I are channel surfing find one of the new episodes. A good gym/rival battle really does change it up (there aren't enough of those anymore).

Thank you!

Agreed, those can tend to be good, but you know they will do something to kill it like the "Thunderbolt on yourself" I mentioned earlier, which suprisingly was actually done near the end of Hoenn.......

Quote:
I believe I stated this before that this thread isn't meant to hate on the anime, and I'm glad people realize this. I wrote what I did months ago based on the fact that I still watch the show and I still try to enjoy parts of it. I was there from the beginning and truly have seen the difference.

There are people that enjoy the new generations of the anime. Otherwise, the show wouldn't go as long as it has (like many other game spin-offs). It's more a tragic turn for long time turns.
Your Mileage May Vary on the newer episodes, though most tend to hate them, I know this is not a hate thread, I'm just saying that their practices and standards are leading the series to cancellation faster with each coming episode

Quote:
The movies are still relatively good, and particular episodes of Pokemon really do stand out, but it really isn't the same anymore...or perhaps, "too much" of the same.
Yeah right, have you seen the new movie, it was just awful, and Pokebeach can certainly agree more. The movies are the only place in the anime with a decent plot, it would make up a 3-5 episode story arc in the average anime (likely filler though, but with a story well written like that, it can tend to be a part of the animes main story). If only every episode could be like that.......

Last edited by Masterge77; July 12, 2010 at 08:11:13 AM.
Old July 27, 2010, 07:38:54 PM
Servine

the DEATH of pokemon

the sinnoh region second season

when the theme song is all about friendship and love

if we come together as 1 complete the quest we begone

u began the quest 10 years ago just give it up now

uve been in the stupid sinnoh region for a year now and still havent beat the 8 gym

uve been through 3 other regions and u still appearently still lack pokemon smarts and good judgement

u lose to a stupid onix from roark that used screech

just give it up ash!
Old July 28, 2010, 09:03:40 AM
Haxorus

Ash will obtain powerful Pokemon and join's team rocket and his friend Richie must save him. XD

Last edited by Turtwig; July 28, 2010 at 09:03:57 AM.
Old July 28, 2010, 09:47:32 AM
Landorus

Maybe it'll be something like Bo-bobo where It says "To be continued" and then it says oh, wait never mind it's over. Suckit I'm too bored with this crap to go any further.
Old July 28, 2010, 06:55:08 PM
Keldeo

Pikachu Dies of old age uhh he is the electric "mouse" Pokémon, mice don't live long.