Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 16, 2011, 05:23:05 AM
Giratina

Default Short extracts from famous children stories needed

My school has a big event called the "Literary Week" coming up in March, and since I'm the Literary Club Chairperson, I need to organize events for all the year groups. One of these events is the "Visual Literature Competition", in which students from grades 5 and 6 only are supposed to read a brief extract from a famous story and then make a drawing/painting or take a photograph which portrays it. I don't want people posting over here saying this is not a good idea, since that is already set in stone and will not be changed.

Now, keep the following things in mind when posting an extract over here:

1- Don't post a very lengthy or complicated extract. Remember that we're dealing with students from grades 5 and 6.

2- Post extracts which are suitable for the students involved. Things like killing and blood are preferred to be avoided.

3- Please remember to give the name of the story and its author after posting the extract.

I will highly appreciate any attempt to help me in this matter, and I will happily accept links as long as they provide me with good extracts. Thanks in advance for the people who are willing to give me a helping hand.
Old February 16, 2011, 08:26:48 AM
Shaymin

http://google.com
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Old February 16, 2011, 08:52:56 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
http://google.com
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
There's no need to be so unsupportive. I already tried Google but the results I got were not what I really needed.