Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want it on 3DS?
YES! Bring on SSB4 16 84.21%
Yes, although I want it to be a remake for nostalgia reasons 3 15.79%
No, I hate SMASH BROS (I hate you....) 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old July 29, 2010, 04:38:33 AM
Volcarona

Default Do you think they should make SSB4/SSB remake on 3DS?

Discuss. Personally, I do. Playing Smash Bros. on the road or a vacation, BIG THUMBS UP!
Old July 29, 2010, 05:37:09 AM
Rayquaza

Yes I want another SSB game but actually portable.
Old July 29, 2010, 05:53:31 AM
Kyurem

I haven't played the game, due to never owning a console, and for that reason alone: please!
Old July 29, 2010, 06:03:58 AM
Landorus

Sure, why not?
Old July 29, 2010, 08:31:21 AM
Celebi

Hope they do make one!
Old July 29, 2010, 07:44:32 PM
Regigigas

Yes. Why there hasn't been a portable SSB, I don't know.
Old July 29, 2010, 10:11:18 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
I haven't played the game, due to never owning a console, and for that reason alone: please!
This is probably the most suggestively depressing possible childhood I have ever heard of.

Also in regards to the topic at hand they won't remake the first Smash Bros. for 3DS since to be quite honest the N64 game was lacking in content (only 4 unlockable characters out of 12 and one unlockable stage out of 9) and the control scheme could be completely remade for the 3DS's button layout. If they do make a Smash Bros. handheld title for 3DS (and I doubt that HAL and Sora Ltd. will bother to do so especially since Sora's working on Kid Icarus: Uprising and other series) then it'll probably be a new entry into the series. I don't think it'll be the -next- Smash Bros. though. That won't be a while, since the next generation of home consoles won't be till 2012/2013.
Old August 15, 2010, 09:48:10 AM
Volcarona

Although I would like a SSB4, I think the only thing we'll get is a remake of SSB64. Look at the remakes. There all from the 64, right? But, ethier way, a SSBB on the go would be awesome. They could call it Super Smash Bros. Portable!
Old August 15, 2010, 09:51:52 AM
Giratina

Oh, we had a pretty argument with Alakazamaster yesterday about this...

Yes, they should make it. The 3DS is perfectly capable, with better graphics than the Gamecube, and better other technical specifications than the Wii! Do it, Nintendo, DO EET!
Old August 15, 2010, 10:31:01 AM
Kyurem

Can you make a "No" option that doesn't make you sound completely oblivious? I would like to vote for such a category.

Honestly, I think that the Smash series should stay on the console. The charm of 4 guys huddled around a TV yelling and screaming kinda disintegrates when all of them have to buy the game and 3DS's just to play the game together. Plus, there would be significantly less content on the 3DS version of Smash Bros. as opposed to the version that would [hypothetically] be on the next console. A spin-off or sorts for the 3DS would work fine, but if it came down to one or the other, a console version would be the better choice in my opinion.
Old August 15, 2010, 11:20:49 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
The charm of 4 guys huddled around a TV yelling and screaming kinda disintegrates when all of them have to buy the game and 3DS's just to play the game together.
Yet you play online a lot. Mario Kart DS worked a treat, why wouldn't Super Smash Bros.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Plus, there would be significantly less content on the 3DS version of Smash Bros. as opposed to the version that would [hypothetically] be on the next console.
A 3DS cartridge can hold roughly 2GB, which is more than a Gamecube disc. Yet Melee was great. And have fun waiting three years for the next console, 'cause I don't see it coming any time soon.

Last edited by Ningamer; August 15, 2010 at 11:22:03 AM.
Old August 22, 2010, 09:14:30 AM
Volcarona

They should remake SSBB, SSBM, or SSB on the 3DS. It'd be awsome to play the game on the road.
Old August 27, 2010, 01:48:42 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
They should remake SSBB, SSBM, or SSB on the 3DS. It'd be awsome to play the game on the road.
I don't think it'd be possible to remake SSBB on the 3DS; it's a current-generation Smash game that needed a dual-layer disc just to hold all of the content (if you don't know the capacity, that's over 8 GB of data. A 3DS cart only has 2 GB. Do the math). SSBM would also be little far-fetched, since most of the remakes I saw at E3 2010 were of N64 games. You also have to factor in the 3D, if they do make it: a standard GCN disc holds *checks* 1.4 GB of data. With 3D, you'd have to recompile every character model to accomodate for the third dimension, in addition to items and stages. You'd also need to recode everything in the 3DS graphical format and make accomodations for wireless multiplayer, since obviously there is no option for multiple controllers on a single system. That in and of itself would push required space above the 2 GB capacity, unless there's heavy compression, which wouldn't be good. An SSB remake, however, would easily be within the realm of possiblity, since the actual game didn't take up much space, and even with 3D/wireless multiplayer, it'd easily fit on a 3DS cart.

I'd much rather see a new game in the series for the 3DS, though. Given all of the stuff that they'd need to add for a remake, a new game would make more logical sense. And it'd be kicka**. I even see how it could work out with the control scheme: slide pad for movement, + pad for taunt, A for standard attack, B for special, X/Y for jump, L/R for shield, touch screen control or Select for grab, etc. I'd like it so very much.
Old December 24, 2010, 11:30:38 AM
Haxorus

That'd be awesome! I can't say I want it on the 3DS though. There probably isn't enough space in the 3DS to hold all that. But about having a SSB4, I agree. I don't think that there should be a remake simply because I could play the original versions.
Old January 7, 2011, 12:33:29 PM
Zoroark

It if was portable I'd be playing it everywhere.
Old March 2, 2011, 03:05:19 PM
Joltik

that would be awesome!