Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 7, 2011, 03:33:06 PM
Rayquaza

Default SSB4 Speculation Thread

So they've recently revealed a new Super Smash Bros to be for Wii u and 3DS and I'd like to see some cool ideas.

I'll post more later.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 8, 2011 at 09:15:21 AM.
Old June 7, 2011, 06:58:58 PM
Volcarona

Hm... well, one thing I'm guessing off of the top of my head is that the 3DS will probably have less characters. It's a powerful system, sure, but probably not as powerful as the u(Yes, I know it's called the Wii u, but just "u" sounds better to me.).

Speaking of which, hopefully, we'll get a lot more characters than Brawl. I remember hearing we'd get at least over 60 characters, but how many did we get? 45. :l (And some more 3rd party characters. I want mai Mega Man, AND NAO D:<)

That's all I got now...
Old June 8, 2011, 07:11:01 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
So they've recently revealed a new Super Smash Bros to be for WiiU and 3DS and I'd like to see some cool ideas.

I'll post more later.
Anyways.

We can expect Sakurai to come up with a way to utilize the hardware available to him in the best way imaginable. As for the WiiU Smash, I can't speculate any due to not knowing anything about the console other than the HD and the controller's function, but I can guess that it'll influence button mapping in some way.

3DS Smash is going to be sick though.

Oh and Viewtiful Joe must be a character or I will strangle someone.
Old June 8, 2011, 09:29:44 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
Anyways.
Wait lite why did you just correct me and didn't bother to edit it?

The only new characters I can imagine would be Starfy and Mii.

Ideas for pokeball pokemon
Musharna - Appears and puts everyone to sleep.
Arceus - Has a 1 in 10,000 chance of appearing and uses judgement.
Reshiram - Blasts a Fusion Flare onto the stage.
Zekrom - Blasts a Fusion Bolt onto the stage.
Kyurem - Freezes everyone on the stage.
Giratina - Changes the dimensions of the stage.
Victini - This pokemon is the rarest one and just shows up to be cute and boost the score.

A cool new stage would be N's castle.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 10, 2011 at 12:08:15 PM.
Old June 8, 2011, 10:45:56 AM
Landorus

Maybe Phoenix Wright could be an assist trophy. He would act like Mr. Resetti, sorta.

Also It'd be nice if Shadow could be one of sonic's color schemes.

And, a cool stage to have would be the whatchamacalit other dimension from Platinum version.
Old June 10, 2011, 11:34:56 AM
Volcarona

Bowser's Castle should seriously be a stage. How'd they miss that in Brawl and Melee?

Anyway, I predict Zoroark is going to replace Lucario (Being a newer Pokemon and all), and there might be one more third party character, likely Megaman. I can't think of anyone else who could make it into the game.
Old June 10, 2011, 11:40:40 AM
Volcarona

...I'm not really picky ,but version exclusive characters on 3DS/WiiU would be cool.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:14:07 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
and there might be one more third party character, likely Megaman. I can't think of anyone else who could make it into the game.
Well, Nintendo DID say they want to work with Capcom on SSB4.
Old June 10, 2011, 02:37:26 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropiuses View Post
Well, Nintendo DID say they want to work with Capcom on SSB4.
So that means Phoenix Wright, Megaman, Frank West, Dante, and Ryu are pretty much fair game.

....*sniff*
Old June 13, 2011, 12:26:28 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Ryu
Yes. Very yes.

I want this in an official Smash:

Come on Nintendo. You know you want to.
Old June 13, 2011, 04:40:51 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg View Post
Yes. Very yes.

I want this in an official Smash:

Come on Nintendo. You know you want to.
YES. But I really doubt Nintendo would actually do it though, since they probably want just official Pokemon in there. I don't blame them, imagine what its Trophy description would be like. XP

Speaking of Pokemon, I really want Pichu back in there. Except I don't want them to make it seem like the worst character in the game. I don't have a problem with that myself (In fact I love the challenge), but they need to make the roster more balanced, that and I don't want Pichu to appear to be a waste of memory space to people like it might have been in Melee, which is probably why it wasn't in Brawl.
Old June 15, 2011, 11:22:06 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
So that means Phoenix Wright, Megaman, Frank West, Dante, and Ryu are pretty much fair game.

....*sniff*
Those are awesome characters ,but you forgot Zero.

I wish they had an online tourney mode similar to Street Fighter and not that stupid offline version tourney we got in brawl.
Old June 15, 2011, 02:11:57 PM
Shaymin

The Capcom characters I see getting put into Smash 4 are Ryu or an incarnation of Mega Man, mainly because Street Fighter and Mega Man are Capcom's breadwinner classic franchises dating back to the NES, and Ryu's already established combat skills and the fanbase Mega Man has is make them almost shoe-ins for a Smash inclusion.

... I still want some Clover+Capcom characters to make an appearance.
Old June 15, 2011, 02:14:42 PM
Giratina

I speculate that it'll be a lot like SSBB but a bit shinier.
Old June 26, 2011, 08:11:14 AM
Zoroark

Here are some things that I hope/think will happen

I want Roy to come back, along with Mewtwo. (Pichu, too, but I care a lot less there. Dr. Mario should be an outfit for Mario, like the classic suit was for Wario)

I want a lot of past stages, some from each game (They can do this with the Wii U. A disc has like 25GB of storage. They could have at least 100 characters and 200 stages. That's unrealistic and I wouldn't want that anyway, but they could do it if they wanted to)

I want Baby Bowser. I want Black Shadow (give him Ganondorf's old moveset and give Ganondorf a new one that actually makes sense for him). King K. Rool would be nice, but he doesn't matter that much to me. It would also be kinda neat to see Ganon (the OoT version) as a playable character. I think it could work pretty well, but I don't think it's likely, and it's not something I care about too much. I'd also like them to include "Pokémon Rival," made to look like Silver from G/S, with Turtwig, Combusken, and Feraligatr. I also think Louie, from Pikmin is a pretty likely clone character that they'd add. And Pikmin 3's release makes it all the more likely.

I'd like a Final Fantasy character, too. Cloud is most likely if they choose to include one, but I think Cecil would fit the world of Smash bros. much better. Plus I think Sora would just end up feeling way too similar to Ike (if not just being a clone entirely)

Lastly in terms of characters that I want, I want Geno. SO BADLY. It would never happen if Geno didn't have the fanbase, but because Smash Bros., as Sakurai has said, is largely about fan service, I don't think it's unlikely, given his massive following. I think he'll be at least an Assist Trophy character. And I don't think it would hurt the chances of a different Square Enix character, because Geno is a Mario character. He's just owned by SE.

I don't really care whether or not the include a Capcom character, but Sakurai has pretty much said that it's likely to happen, and I think Ryu and Mega Man are most likely. His concern is making the character fit into the world of Smash Bros, and I think that going by that, it will probably be Ryu, but I doubt he's oblivious to the masses of fans who want Mega Man. Plus, Mega Man could also fit pretty well, I would imagine.

I really want them to reinstitute character-specific, itemless target tests, instead of the lame ones they had in Brawl. I didn't like those. it would also be really nice to see a more standard flow of Classic Mode. Sort of like a middle ground between melee's and SSB64's. I'd also like to see them separate Adventure Mode and Story Mode, so we get something sort of like Melee's adventure mode in addition to a SSE-like story mode. But I'd really like a longer, better story mode of they do that. The SSE's story wasn't fantastic. It was something, but it wasn't great. And I felt like the style of the SSE was just a bit odd. I don't know, I can't explain it. I'd also REALLY like the rules to change permanently when you go to "Rules" from the main menu. I hate having to change it to Stock Mode every time I turn the game on.

The last thing I really want, though, is a much bigger development team than they had for Brawl. Brawl had a pretty small one and it took a long time. And with the Wii U's added power, it would take at least 5 years if they keep it that small. I'd like to have this game by 2014 at the very latest. A bigger selection of music, too. I'd really love for them to filter out things like "Ai No Uta," "Environmental Noises," and that "Cooking Navi DS" thing. Use real video game music, Nintendo. I want Battle for the Grand Star. I want Francis' Theme. I want Lance/Red's Theme. Come on, Nintendo! How can you miss songs like these? I'd also like them to redo Ashley's Song, and... you know... not ruin it this time around.

Last edited by pokemoneinstein; June 26, 2011 at 08:11:53 AM.
Old June 26, 2011, 09:23:01 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemoneinstein View Post
I want Black Shadow (give him Ganondorf's old moveset and give Ganondorf a new one that actually makes sense for him).
This. This so much.

And that brings up another point- movesets. You see, I saw a YouTube vedio about how to make SSB better, and one thing he said(Which I think is absolute genius) was that Big N should have different movesets for each character that you can choose from. For example, you could got to the Options menu, choose character movesets, and choose a character, like Ganon. This is how I think it would look like:

Ganondorf
-With Sword
-Without Sword(and if you choose this, it would say:
-SSBM - SSBB
-New Moveset.)

(It's a bad, but it's just an example.) What do you guys think?
Old June 26, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
Zoroark

It's alright, and it would certainly be very interesting. I had a similar idea that I.. completely forget right now XD

I think it simply had to do with their molests from the various games. Like, take Ganondorf, for example. When you place your little marker over him, at the bottom of the screen, near the names menu, it would have a style menu. Up could come the options "Melee," "Brawl," and "<4th game name here>" If you chose Melee, it would be Ganondorf the way he was in Melee: a clone of Captain Falcon who is slower and more powerful, and looks very similar to his appearance in Ocarina of Time. If you chose "Brawl," he would play exactly like in Brawl—with all the tweaks from Melee, and looking like he did in Twilight Princess. The 4th game would be the standard, much like "No Name," or whatever is is, is on the names menu. But then it would be however they make him look in SSB4, with his new moveset. So carry on this principal to all characters and I think it could be really cool. Toon Link, of course, would turn into Young Link if you chose his Melee form. They're pretty much the same character.

I highly doubt any feature like this would actually happen, though. it's just something I can dream about. If any feature remotely like this were to be implemented, I think it would be character models only—changing the appearances, but not the physics nor movesets of the characters. It would be nice though, for someone like me who prefers the appearance of the Zelda characters in OoT to their appearances in TP. This would, of course, also work for characters like Snake, and pretty much the entire cast of Star Fox.

I also forgot to mention... GIVE LUIGI THE POLTERGUST, DAMMIT!

I also really hope they give Sonics more variations in his various colors. They're all so similar. If there's ever more than one Sonic on the screen, I get mixed up so often.
Old July 8, 2011, 04:19:24 PM
Volcarona

Here's what I want

New playable characters: Balloon Fighter, Paper Mario. Rick, the hamster from Kirby's dream land 2,

Edit: Isa from Sin and Punishment would also do good.
Third party characters: Megaman, and If they return Sonic, I hope they include Knuckles and Tails and leave it at that. The original 3 that made the Sonic franchise great. Shadow could remain as an assist trophy... I really don't care.

Last edited by Nytz; July 8, 2011 at 04:27:50 PM.
Old July 8, 2011, 06:32:18 PM
Haxorus

I'd love to see how they pull off the 3D with SSB4. I don't want it to be like certain DS games where the touch screen is there and it's not utilized, or on the Wii where pointing/shaking/etc isn't used.
Old July 9, 2011, 04:34:41 AM
Rayquaza

I would like to see more diverse costume changes like what they did with Wario in Brawl were he got two different outfits.

Like Pokemon Trainer could instead be a member of Team Rocket or any of the other playable characters.
Old July 9, 2011, 10:59:23 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytz View Post
Here's what I want

New playable characters: Balloon Fighter, Paper Mario. Rick, the hamster from Kirby's dream land 2,

Edit: Isa from Sin and Punishment would also do good.
Third party characters: Megaman, and If they return Sonic, I hope they include Knuckles and Tails and leave it at that. The original 3 that made the Sonic franchise great. Shadow could remain as an assist trophy... I really don't care.
Balloon Fighter just wouldn't work in Brawl. I'd like to see it, but that's just wishful thinking. It won't happen. I always knew I was forgetting someone, too. Thank you for reminding me how badly I want Paper Mario XD

And there's no way they'd make Tails and Knuckles playable. Only if Nintendo bought out SEGA and made it a second party company. And even then, it wouldn't be that likely.

And Magmaster, I totally agree about costume changes. They could have Mario in his Sunshine outfit, Luigi as Mr. L, older Solid Snake, Young Link as a costume change for Toon Link, etc. But I think if they do that, they should make the maximum one change per character. We don't want them going all crazy.
Old July 10, 2011, 03:54:40 AM
Volcarona

Pokemoneinstein: I know, but hey, It's like you said, Wishful thinking.

I do hope Isa makes an appearance though. And I hope they at least don't discard Sonic and Snake from the roster...

EDIT: But think about it. Ice Climbers, an old as dirt game from nintendo with bare minimum functions made it to the Smash bros roster... so I keep hope alive for Balloon fighter. He could be like a Jigglypuff/Pit fighter, having mostly air attacks.

Last edited by Nytz; July 10, 2011 at 03:58:31 AM.
Old July 10, 2011, 06:26:15 AM
Giratina

Ok Nytz, but thats where your wrong a bit. When i had a wii and a gamecube (sold) I pretty much used Jigglypuff and the ice climbers everytime. With the Ice Climbers i put the pink one in front of the blue one when i can, so i dont take damage. and they are really good. With Jigglypuff, he is a motha F****** beast. Just use rest right above your opponent, and Bye bye!

Anyways, You know how they made toon link? They should make other forms of many characters, like mabey paper mario, Mabey the Blue Kirby meta knight form. He could be exactly like metaknight, but faster and without armor, so being a bit weaker. Im just saying, they should put different forms of many characters, and not just toon link.

Also, I REEEAAALLLLYYY HOpe they keep Pokč Balls in the game. It just wouldnt be the same without that cute little goldeen/magikarp, popping out of the pokeball, doing absolutely nothing, resulting in many frustrated players . But seriously they better keep pokeballs!

Another thing: I wish this game could be for the DS Platforms. That would be AWESOME! Mabey xbox, but its a nintendo thing so mabey not.
Old July 10, 2011, 06:31:12 AM
Volcarona

No, no, I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the original game Ice Climber. That game had minimum functions. I mean, All you do is hop on higher platforms and stop enemies with a single attack of the hammer. I actually LOVE Ice Climbers in Melee/Brawl, and Jigglypuff is a beast. I use both of them very well. So I think you misunderstood what I meant.

EDIT: But yeah, It shouldn't be hard for nintendo to make up/ improvise for the Balloon Fighter. They did it for the Ice Climbers.

Last edited by Nytz; July 10, 2011 at 06:33:18 AM.
Old July 10, 2011, 06:34:54 AM
Giratina

OOooh I see. My bad i thought you were dissing the ice climbers and jigglypuff

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; July 10, 2011 at 06:35:21 AM.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:27:53 AM
Zoroark

Why is everybody nervous about things that just won't happen? Axing Sonic and Snake? Getting rid of Poké Balls? We have nothing to worry about there. At all. I do really hope they bring back red shells, though.

And PHANTOMxTRAINER, don't worry. SSB4 is coming to the Wii U and the 3DS.
Old July 10, 2011, 07:29:21 AM
Giratina

oh ok. I didnt know about the DS
Old February 18, 2012, 08:05:01 PM
Cyndaquil

I'll be happy if they:

Add Paper Mario
Tone down Meta Knight
Rev up R.O.B.
Make another Pikmin Stage
And add the Hoenn Region Trainer

That's all I want.