Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 17, 2013, 08:47:09 PM
Giratina

I guess that depends on your definition of nice. Normal summer weather here is hot, humid, can barely breathe inside air, always feel like I'm going to melt inside my room. But hey, it finally stopped raining so that's a plus~ Just in time for the transition into perfect September.
Old August 17, 2013, 09:16:52 PM
Kyurem

Permanent summer = air conditioning or bust.
Old August 17, 2013, 09:30:21 PM
Kyurem

Well it was a combonation of hot and cool, sort of the feel your at a summer beach when its just right outside.
Old August 17, 2013, 09:36:04 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Permanent summer = air conditioning or bust.
Lol air conditioning. My father doesn't believe in that because "it costs money to use." Yet I bet he spends $20,000 on pens alone annually. Cheapskate. Thankfully my fan is somewhat helpful, but I still can't wear jeans comfortably all the time.
Old August 17, 2013, 09:38:21 PM

Weather over here is actually cooler than usual. July was the worst month in terms of heat; especially that one week where it was nearly always in the 100s.

Right now though the temperatures seem to be dropping into the low 80s and it's raining a bit more often.
Old August 17, 2013, 09:49:43 PM
Shaymin

The weather here was extremely humid and windy, but it was a hot wind, which made it pretty bad. I was only outside for a few minutes though, as I've been working ~7 hour shifts nearly every day (at the deli, where the temperature is never warmer than 20C [~69F], yay!) for the past month and a half. I don't even know when's my next day off. That's alright thought, because I've been making a nice chunk of money (which I'm saving so I can spend it all within 10 days when I go to Japan in 7 months). Obviously I keep some (20%), so I also had enough money to go buy a black 3DS XL yesterday. I'm loving the thing so far, and have absolutely no regrets in getting the XL over the regular 3DS.
In other news, I've just started watching season 1 of Breaking Bad, so I have no life.
Old August 18, 2013, 04:46:21 AM
Kyurem

Here in Quebec it's been hovering around 23-27 C (gotta use the Metric system if you're in Canada! ) and wet, for the first part of the week at least. I'm going back today though, so I'll be in an air-conditioned car for about six hours.
Old August 18, 2013, 07:11:50 AM
Giratina

Can't believe it, school is already here, with today being my last day of summer. Yet another one goes by with me not doing even HALF the things I wanted to do :I At least I did some of the most important things; I went to see the spectacular LOVE, I got my job to raise Wii U money, and I finally got on the road to becoming a better person to everyone I know and those I will eventually meet. But now that's over and it's time to go back. Aww... YEAH! Finally I can get back with my friends and get out of my room! (Honestly, I wouldn't otherwise.) Now that this is my last year I get to go crazy, forget all that stuff I said about being calm! I'm gonna literally tear down some walls and break all the rules! ...Which I'll probably have to, the school system is so stupid... Even if I have a bad first week, I always have my joint birthday party to look forward to on Saturday~

Hopefully this will be the year where everything goes right for a change... "We're gonna have some fun tonight! Have some fun tonight! Everything's alright! Have some fun toniiiiiight!"
Old August 19, 2013, 06:00:11 AM
Servine

First day of school and Murphy's law is already in full effect. Even though I own a physical copy of the book and registered it online last year, I had to buy the access code for the same exact book again (for $100), simply because it was a year ago. In addition, the purchase says it went through, but the course isn't listed under 'My Courses' for the MyMathLab website.

I e-mailed my teacher and the book company and hope to have this sorted out by Wednesday. I hope all that needs to be done is that the instructor needs to confirm me as his student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I practically butchered my sleep schedule in these past few weeks. Going to bed at 6 AM and sometimes even waking up at 4 PM. Right now I'm trying to get myself ready by going to bed at 3 AM and attempting to wake up at 11 AM.
Yikes, I've butchered my sleep schedule too. I fell asleep at 1:30 AM this morning and woke up at 5:30 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
So anyone else having this nice weather latly?
Sure have! This past week or so has been great here in St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
Pretty fair going on my end. Finally got more than two days off work, so I'm just relishing in relaxation right now...

... No really, I literally am wearing a "Hawaiian" shirt constantly.
Sounds lovely, I'll trade you? I just had two days off in a row and tried to make the most of it. Didn't get too much relaxation in though.

Last edited by Saigon; August 19, 2013 at 06:00:40 AM.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:30:15 AM
Zoroark

Its finally starting to cool down a bit. Its been raining for 3 days now. Im ready for the cold. Im sick of it being 90 degrees here (which isnt normal)
Old August 19, 2013, 12:17:21 PM
Servine

Survived my first day of school! I'm optimistic about my International Relations class.
Old August 19, 2013, 05:02:58 PM
Giratina

Okay, first day back part 1. My school is still ONE HUNDRED PERCENT UNNECESSARY IN EVERYTHING IT DOES. It has a no bookbags policy. For WHAT? How am I going to sneak in a laptop or a video game system and use it during class? >:I Oh well, not like I give a damn about any of their rules.

AP Calculus seems like it's going to be fun even though I didn't understand ANYTHING on that pretest~ AP Literature is very laid back. Forensic Science is... okay, I guess. And I FINALLY have band again this year which means I can't write a new song about how angry I am on not having band. Our horrible teacher that I hate also gave the best announcement... we're combining bands to create a REAL symphony orchestra! That plays VIDEO GAME MUSIC. FGU&%^&YU WRITING THE MEGA MAN MEDLEY WRITE NOW, THIS IS REAL.
Old August 19, 2013, 06:52:11 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Our horrible teacher that I hate also gave the best announcement... we're combining bands to create a REAL symphony orchestra! That plays VIDEO GAME MUSIC. FGU&%^&YU WRITING THE MEGA MAN MEDLEY WRITE NOW, THIS IS REAL.
So, you'll be playing Mega Man music in a symphony orchestra and I'll just be sitting here, talking to strangers on the internet, not accomplishing anything with my life.

...*slow clap*
Old August 19, 2013, 10:04:40 PM
Linoone

So I've been away from this forum for about.....forever.

I think it's been a year or more. Surprised myself that I even remembered my password.

So what'd I miss?
Old August 19, 2013, 11:07:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It has a no bookbags policy. For WHAT? How am I going to sneak in a laptop or a video game system and use it during class?
The heck? Wait, I had that too in middle school. We had to leave our bags in our lockers. We could only bring binders around. With the size of netbooks (and smartphones, which are on your person anyway), I think it's very easy to sneak one around campus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atherrien View Post
So I've been away from this forum for about.....forever.

I think it's been a year or more. Surprised myself that I even remembered my password.

So what'd I miss?
Life, the Universe, and Everything
Old August 19, 2013, 11:57:01 PM
Regigigas

Ugh school why you come so quickly! I want more than two more weeks!
Old August 20, 2013, 02:57:38 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-li View Post
Ugh school why you come so quickly! I want more than two more weeks!
I personally would like another month or two...just try not to think about it.
Old August 20, 2013, 08:20:56 AM
Servine

Guess what today is?

Spoiler Alert:    
It's the day Estonia regained it's independence from the Soviet Union!

Last edited by Saigon; August 20, 2013 at 08:21:42 AM.
Old August 20, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
So, you'll be playing Mega Man music in a symphony orchestra and I'll just be sitting here, talking to strangers on the internet, not accomplishing anything with my life.

...*slow clap*
Hehe, I guess if I can make it work. There's a chance, but small. I'm surprised no one called me out on my "write" typo. I'm just gonna say it was a terrible pun and leave it at that.

Now for the SECOND first day (A and B Day schedule ). I still have AP Calc in the morning every morning, but what my teacher said formed the greatest quote ever. "'It's okay if you get a 0, you're not expected to anything' said every teacher in the school ever." I refuse to describe the huge waste of my life that is second period, I switched it to Intermediate Orchestra as soon as possible. And now... that means in the symphony orchestra... I CALL THE BASS GROOVE ON DRAGON ROOST ISLAND. To get what we want done in Italian 4, it'll cost $800, so we're putting in some serious effort. And lastly, AP Computer Science, and holy cheese wheels I'm ALREADY starting to understand the code after an hour of failing (and going over) the pre-test! The dream shall come true!

Ooh, and something interesting I found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX 11/29/12 View Post
Also, I recently got The Beatles Love Album. What I thought was originally another album spawned by a trip, it was actually released in 2006. Never knew that. I love everything about it, especially the bass groove that was brought out more in Hey Jude. The only thing about it that I hate is that I missed the Cirque du Soleil that I missed that the album was mixed for. Although it WAS in 2006, I wasn't into music as much as I am now.
This was THE day my obsession with The Beatles started, slowly but surely. I can't believe it hasn't even been a YEAR yet. And moreso I can't believe I thought the Cirque show had ended. But now I know, good Cirque shows last FOREVER.
Old August 20, 2013, 01:11:21 PM
Zoroark

On an unrelated topic, Ive got open house in about an hour. Woo. Wish me luck as I start high school this year. Im more or less excited for it. Good luck to everyone else this year.
Old August 20, 2013, 04:25:58 PM
Shaymin

Open houses are super boring. I start my final year of high school this year, and it should be full of craziness! My schedule was good until the principal called to tell me that my Japanese class will have to be at lunch. So I will have absolutely no friends because I can't spend time with them at lunch. Second semester is great though. I only have Spanish and English (and correspondence gym), and because they're my IB classes, I finish mid-May as opposed to the last day of June. Which is nice! Oh, and I bought a great car in great condition for $300 yesterday. So now I can drive to work and wherever without having to ask to borrow the car. Independence feels good.
Old August 20, 2013, 05:51:30 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
So now I can drive to work and wherever without having to ask to borrow the car. Independence feels good.
You should be happy about that, my car isn't going to be ready for quite a while. Fortunately my classes are every Tuesday and Thursday and I can barrow my Dad's car every Tuesday.
Old August 20, 2013, 05:52:14 PM
Floatzel

My confidence is trickling back, and I may be able to come out to my parents as transsexual before summer is over.
Old August 20, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
My confidence is trickling back, and I may be able to come out to my parents as transsexual before summer is over.
You don't have to come out to them until you're ready. I'm still waiting to tell my parents about my bisexuality until I move out in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
You should be happy about that, my car isn't going to be ready for quite a while. Fortunately my classes are every Tuesday and Thursday and I can barrow my Dad's car every Tuesday.
Well, being in high school I have classes every weekday, but I live outside of the city and have to go a little far to get to the French Immersion school I attend, and also to get to work because transit isn't an option when I live outside the city. I do take the school bus, but it would be great to have a car so there could be days when I don't want to get up at 6 just to sleep during a 45 minute long bus ride to get to school a few minutes before the bell. Maybe I wanna be earlier getting there, or maybe I just want to leave my house later. I'm beyond stoked about getting my racing stripes though. Sucks that I'll become an instant police magnet, but that's okay with me, as long as they don't waste my time.
Old August 20, 2013, 07:59:41 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
You don't have to come out to them until you're ready. I'm still waiting to tell my parents about my bisexuality until I move out in a year.
Yeah I can understand it can be pretty hard, I know my parents would be accepting if I came out as bi but I'm not doing that until I've actually had physical contact through a relationship. It's pretty weird for me, but I'll probably never even bother to settle for a gay relationship just because I've always seen myself more compatible with girls in a relationship and I've had crushes on girls numerous times but never on another guy.
Old August 20, 2013, 08:38:30 PM

Well, I got settled into my college dorm room today. I was literally on my feet all day until I was able to come back at around 11 PM. It's nice that they want us to have a meaningful orientation, but I'd like a chance during the day to unpack all my stuff. >_>

So today started off with me transferring all the stuff my family packed in the car to my room. My roommate wasn't there when I was stacking boxes on my side of the room. Parents also have a habit of packing too much or stuff that you'll probably never use. *looks at large calendar that doesn't fit anywhere* After that I had lunch in the dining hall where my parents left to go home while I was going through orientation that day. I eventually met my roommate- he seems to be a good guy and I don't have any complaints of sharing a room with him yet. After meeting my roommate, I had a ton of slightly annoying activities to carry out; like mini golf and other bonding games. I would've rather slept or continued to unpack today, to be honest. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I was yawning for a good amount of the day and I didn't have much of an appetite to eat anything. The bus returned to the campus at around 11 PM- by that time, I was sweaty, tired, and cranky. The schedule ends at 6 PM tomorrow, so I'm quite glad about that.

My dorm room looks pretty average- not too big or fancy. I've already set up a fan and lamp on my desk, so I guess that's a decent start.
Old August 20, 2013, 09:47:57 PM
Shaymin

Has your roommate showed up yet? What are they like?
Quote:
Yeah I can understand it can be pretty hard, I know my parents would be accepting if I came out as bi but I'm not doing that until I've actually had physical contact through a relationship. It's pretty weird for me, but I'll probably never even bother to settle for a gay relationship just because I've always seen myself more compatible with girls in a relationship and I've had crushes on girls numerous times but never on another guy.
I also find myself to be more compatible (by far) with girls. They're quite wonderful.
It's difficult for me because my mom and step-dad are great people, but they just treat people who are anything but heterosexual like complete garbage behind their backs. And they say such horrible things right in front of my sister and I, so I'd like to be away from them when they explode about me, and be out of their reach until they cool down after awhile.
Old August 20, 2013, 10:42:22 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Well, I got settled into my college dorm room today. I was literally on my feet all day until I was able to come back at around 11 PM. It's nice that they want us to have a meaningful orientation, but I'd like a chance during the day to unpack all my stuff. >_>

So today started off with me transferring all the stuff my family packed in the car to my room. My roommate wasn't there when I was stacking boxes on my side of the room. Parents also have a habit of packing too much or stuff that you'll probably never use. *looks at large calendar that doesn't fit anywhere* After that I had lunch in the dining hall where my parents left to go home while I was going through orientation that day. I eventually met my roommate- he seems to be a good guy and I don't have any complaints of sharing a room with him yet. After meeting my roommate, I had a ton of slightly annoying activities to carry out; like mini golf and other bonding games. I would've rather slept or continued to unpack today, to be honest. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I was yawning for a good amount of the day and I didn't have much of an appetite to eat anything. The bus returned to the campus at around 11 PM- by that time, I was sweaty, tired, and cranky. The schedule ends at 6 PM tomorrow, so I'm quite glad about that.

My dorm room looks pretty average- not too big or fancy. I've already set up a fan and lamp on my desk, so I guess that's a decent start.
Ah the start of college life. I myself am going to get settled in to my dorm room in less than a week to start my freshman year, and I am pumped. I don't know anything about my roommate other than his name is John and he comes from Maryland. Hopefully things turn out well. I am spending my last couple of days binge-watching TV shows and movies before I head to school and my schedule fills up fast. Physical activity can take a break for a little while longer. My school has a pretty kick-ass gym, so that should more than make up for my lazing around all day. : D
Quote:

I also find myself to be more compatible (by far) with girls. They're quite wonderful.
It's difficult for me because my mom and step-dad are great people, but they just treat people who are anything but heterosexual like complete garbage behind their backs. And they say such horrible things right in front of my sister and I, so I'd like to be away from them when they explode about me, and be out of their reach until they cool down after awhile.
Pssssht. Women. Gross.

But yeah, I wish you the best of lux (hee hee) when you feel ready. I came out to my family in June and they were quite supportive. Hooray for liberal families! What I found interesting in my case, though, was that it was not a huge surprise for my Dad but it seemed to totally blindside my mother. Maybe she was just more pumped for grandchildren or something, but both of them are cool about it.

Also it sure seems like there are a lot of non-heteros in this thread. LGBTQ POWER.
Old August 20, 2013, 11:45:56 PM
Administrator

You folks are just starting college. I'm about to start my fifth year. I feel old.
Old August 21, 2013, 12:17:17 AM
Kyurem

I'm still in the first semester of my second year. So how far is everyone else in?
Old August 21, 2013, 03:19:14 AM
Giratina

Ah, college people~ Except for Cat and his fifth year self who IS IN FACT old~ Reading this makes me realize just how fast my life is flying by. I used to want to be calm for my senior year so I could have it go smoothly. Screw that, I forgot which school I was going to. I have to be AS INSANE AS POSSIBLE TO LEAVE MY MARK ON THE SCHOOL PERMANENTLY! Then I'll be satisfied~

Quote:

Well, being in high school I have classes every weekday, but I live outside of the city and have to go a little far to get to the French Immersion school I attend, and also to get to work because transit isn't an option when I live outside the city. I do take the school bus, but it would be great to have a car so there could be days when I don't want to get up at 6 just to sleep during a 45 minute long bus ride to get to school a few minutes before the bell. Maybe I wanna be earlier getting there, or maybe I just want to leave my house later. I'm beyond stoked about getting my racing stripes though. Sucks that I'll become an instant police magnet, but that's okay with me, as long as they don't waste my time.
I don't think I'll ever tell my parents ever about my bisexuality, especially my dad because... I don't like him at all. I don't have the confidence to say it now and I probably won't need to given my current circumstances. My mom probably already knows with her overanalyzing lawyer self, so when I leave she might tell my dad.
Funny you mention the racing stripes too, she draws the attention of all the police with just a regular Mustang and no upgrades.
Old August 21, 2013, 05:11:23 AM
Giratina

I start my Sophomore year of High School on September 4!... Things are gonna change this year, I'm going to work my butt off for wrestling this year to become captain and hopefully a Catholic State Champ!
Old August 21, 2013, 05:17:06 AM
Rayquaza

I don't start classes until September 3rd.

I really wish I lived on campus at a regular college but it's cheaper to get my regular credits out of the way at a community college. Hopefully two years from now I'll be attending a regular college.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:18:48 AM
Kyurem

The feel of having your 20th birthday alone...

It's certainly different.
Old August 21, 2013, 10:06:33 AM
Shaymin

I still don't have post secondary classes planned... yay for progress?

No but really, I still have vague ideas on what to do. Part of me wants to do programming, but the other half tells me not to go for it. Either way my mini goal is to have an idea by the end of this year so I can actually get schooling as opposed to that one year of metal works I did after high school. As for other things, I think I'm settled in a job for now, and I've got good references from them if I do leave to seek another job. Working on drivers license, but my mom has said she has more faith in me getting my license before my brother, so she told me her car is "mine". It's not mine until I do get a license and she does relinquish the car over, but it's a start. I'm allowed to drive so long as I ask first.
Old August 21, 2013, 12:57:26 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Well, the thing is, as puberty continues to masculinize my body, the predicted result after hormone treatment gets more and more masculine. Estrogen pills can't do much for already established skeletal structure (broad shoulders and whatnot). Every second that passes means that I'll look less and less like a cisgender woman in the future.
Old August 21, 2013, 01:46:43 PM

Quote:
My roommate's from China, and he's still adjusting to living in America. He can write in English well, but I think he needs more practice with listening and speaking. Other than that, he's quite friendly. ^^

Day 2 of International Orientation is now done! This day was slightly easier than yesterday. After waking up at around 9 AM, I had brunch with a few of the school administrators- I probably would've been more lively if I had an appetite. I still don't have my appetite back. For some reason whenever I move to different places, it takes me a couple days for me to actually eat a reasonable amount and not too little. After eating brunch, I had to watch a slideshow about Shock Culture. (my roommate is an international student and I was invited to come to college early to go through some of the international orientation with him) I really wasn't interested in the topic, so I just sat around and daydreamed for about an hour. After that I went to the actual town of Easton and walked around for a bit- which was a bad idea considering how hot it was. >_> The only good part was when we got free ice cream. After that we got into a nature building for another presentation. This one was better than the one I had in the morning, but it was still a bit boring. Oh, and the guy at the presentation actually used a wiimote for a laser pointer.

Tomorrow is when the real orientation starts for non-international students. I really wish I was able to spare some time during the day to pick up my lab books and mail; it's going to be packed tomorrow.
Old August 21, 2013, 02:44:40 PM
Rayquaza

Can you actually tell us what college you're going to?
Don't mean to intrude it's just I'm interested in maybe attending a college in New York State.

The Community College I go to also has a lot Chinese students, especially during the summer my lab partner was actually from Beijing.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 21, 2013 at 02:46:16 PM.
Old August 21, 2013, 03:43:33 PM

Quote:
Don't mean to intrude it's just I'm interested in maybe attending a college in New York State.

The Community College I go to also has a lot Chinese students, especially during the summer my lab partner was actually from Beijing.
Well, I'm not even in a college that's in New York.
I'm attending Lafayette College, which is in Pennsylvania.

There are a lot of international students here who are from China. I haven't met too many who play videogames though...
Old August 21, 2013, 04:16:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I probably would've been more lively if I had an appetite. I still don't have my appetite back. For some reason whenever I move to different places, it takes me a couple days for me to actually eat a reasonable amount and not too little.
That sounds like me when I go on vacation.
Old August 21, 2013, 04:31:36 PM
Giratina

The first thing I usually ask when I go on vacation is "Where's the food at?" When I went to Vegas, for some reason I specifically wanted pizza. ...And didn't get it until like 3 days later...
Old August 21, 2013, 05:52:28 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
You folks are just starting college. I'm about to start my fifth year. I feel old.
Cat. You are old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
Well, the thing is, as puberty continues to masculinize my body, the predicted result after hormone treatment gets more and more masculine. Estrogen pills can't do much for already established skeletal structure (broad shoulders and whatnot). Every second that passes means that I'll look less and less like a cisgender woman in the future.
Oh yeah, I guess that's true. Do you have a petite structure anyways, or will there be definite and noticable changes? You can't forget that there are women who have broad shoulders and the like, so you really don't have to worry about getting on estrogen before the changes occur.

Quote:

While we're talking about universities, I just really want to mention that I'll probably try to get my degree here in Canada, then maybe head on over to France for a couple years and get my Master's and visit a close friend. Then I may go back to Canada, or go teach English in Japan. Not sure.

Quote:
The first thing I usually ask when I go on vacation is "Where's the food at?" When I went to Vegas, for some reason I specifically wanted pizza. ...And didn't get it until like 3 days later...
My appetite doesn't change one bit when I travel. I may have to force myself to eat more while in Japan, as I want to literally try every food item I set eyes on to get the most out of the experience. I just hope I don't get sick!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; August 21, 2013 at 07:03:43 PM. Reason: *segues right along*
Old August 21, 2013, 06:00:37 PM
Rayquaza

Well now my F in Biology is part of the final grade now I'll probably never get into a regular college
Old August 21, 2013, 06:57:13 PM
Floatzel

My body is very masculine. Broad shoulders, lean hips, angular face, nearly six feet tall and still growing, deep voice, people often think I'm 17...

This is why I want either magic, Phyrexia, or powerful new technology to be invented. I wish I had even the chance to be half as beautiful as my sister. She's a knockout.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Giratina

Seeing as this is my 1985th post...
NO ONE EVER LEFT ALIVE WITH NINETEEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE POSTS WILL EEEEEVER DOOO!

Even though I'm moving out to another state for college I'm going to regularly go back for visits and breaks. I'm gonna misses my mommy~! ;~;

Although I believe I'm the most perfect thing since music theory, I have a very low confidence level with my voice. If I could text it to them then I'd have no problem with it. Not like I'm in too much danger now since I have a girlfriend, but I plan on staying single for a veeeery long time after high school.

In other news, getting situated didn't take very long for me like it did last year. This is the first time I have a hand-picked schedule to my liking, I actually don't hate any of my classes. Now all that's left for me is drawing a new cover for my binder, since I went back to the superbinder and it's tradition for me to draw covers for those. It's gotta be a perfect blend of Pokemon and The Beatles.
Oh, and Harvard University sent me one of those interest letters. Is that a good sign?

Last edited by TurtwigX; August 21, 2013 at 08:26:40 PM.
Old August 21, 2013, 07:51:02 PM
Servine

Extremely upset with my work. They have decided to cut almost everyone in my department's hours. Meanwhile two new guys in our department get ~40 hours a week. Meanwhile everyone else, including people who have been there for years, have been cut to ~10 hours a week. This is ridiculous, my co-workers and I are going to our head manager about this.

I've done nothing but bend over backwards for this company for nearly a year and this is how they repay me? Many of my co-workers have been there for years, and even they had their hours cut. I understand that our department is seriously over-budget, but these hour cuts should be based on seniority and/or productivity. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for them to give two newbies the hours of us veterans.
Old August 21, 2013, 08:20:22 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
Extremely upset with my work. They have decided to cut almost everyone in my department's hours. Meanwhile two new guys in our department get ~40 hours a week. Meanwhile everyone else, including people who have been there for years, have been cut to ~10 hours a week. This is ridiculous, my co-workers and I are going to our head manager about this.

I've done nothing but bend over backwards for this company for nearly a year and this is how they repay me? Many of my co-workers have been there for years, and even they had their hours cut. I understand that our department is seriously over-budget, but these hour cuts should be based on seniority and/or productivity. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for them to give two newbies the hours of us veterans.
Is getting a new job an option?
Old August 21, 2013, 08:39:34 PM

Quote:
Oh, and Harvard University sent me one of those interest letters. Is that a good sign?
Be prepared to get lots of those kinds of letters. I think I received nearly 20 letters last year from colleges that were "interested" in me (heck if I know if they were actually interested). Sometimes you'll end up receiving scholarship letters too- those will start coming in around Christmas.
Old August 21, 2013, 08:44:22 PM
Giratina

My goal this year is to be a Catholic State Champ this year for wrestling, and hopefully get noticed by colleges.. This year's gonna be tough.
Old August 21, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Be prepared to get lots of those kinds of letters. I think I received nearly 20 letters last year from colleges that were "interested" in me (heck if I know if they were actually interested). Sometimes you'll end up receiving scholarship letters too- those will start coming in around Christmas.
Lol "prepare." I have 50 sitting in my nightstand drawer and about 20 more I trashed. My original plan was to draw a Sonic character for each college letter I got, but... I just CAN'T keep count anymore XD I'm just surprised that school specifically sent me a letter... I can't be a standout of any sort with my average grades.
Old August 22, 2013, 01:19:23 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
That... Actually sounds like what might happen at my place too. And because they want to prioritize part timers. If they all said they can't work weekends, I'd lose every weekend I have because of that... I don't mean one or two, I mean literally all. And since most of them go to school, I'd always have to do opening shifts as well. With time cuts added to that, I'd basically have no weekends, constantly have to get up at 4am and basically lose most of my pay...

... Well a strike may be called soon any way, so I'm just waitin' out on that...
Old August 22, 2013, 02:40:28 AM
Kyurem

All this talk makes me wonder about my job security...

In other news, turns out no one in my class has any prior experience in hardware engineering. Cue "what" by lecturer.
Old August 22, 2013, 02:57:55 AM
Magikarp

Quote:
All this talk makes me wonder about my job security...

In other news, turns out no one in my class has any prior experience in hardware engineering. Cue "what" by lecturer.
That's the problem with a lot of school and colleges, especially bigger ones, they give you little hands on experience and turn you into a book jockey.... luckily my college doesn't have that problem
Old August 22, 2013, 06:30:55 AM
Kyurem

I love doing practical work... if writing apps count as "practical".
Old August 22, 2013, 09:01:26 AM
Regigigas

I messed up my toe so much blood and pain

Last edited by john-li; August 22, 2013 at 09:01:45 AM.
Old August 22, 2013, 10:57:47 AM
Servine

Quote:
Is getting a new job an option?
I am seriously considering it, but I really don't want to. I've been with this company for almost a year now, really like my job and have job security (virtually nil chance of me getting fired or laid off). I haven't had any real complaints with the company until now.

Though given the fact that they just showed how little they value their employees, I may just get another job. I'm going to talk to my real manager first though about this and see how the company decides to handle this. This particular schedule was written by a single person who isn't even a manager, but is temporarily in charge of the schedule while the head of my department is on vacation.
Old August 23, 2013, 01:30:51 AM
Magikarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-li View Post
I messed up my toe so much blood and pain
Being a running man with a size 14 shoe, almost all of my injuries are foot-based. I feel you bro

Last edited by panzermark3; August 23, 2013 at 01:31:11 AM.
Old August 23, 2013, 03:57:32 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I am seriously considering it, but I really don't want to. I've been with this company for almost a year now, really like my job and have job security (virtually nil chance of me getting fired or laid off). I haven't had any real complaints with the company until now.

Though given the fact that they just showed how little they value their employees, I may just get another job. I'm going to talk to my real manager first though about this and see how the company decides to handle this. This particular schedule was written by a single person who isn't even a manager, but is temporarily in charge of the schedule while the head of my department is on vacation.
Think when the department head is back, it'll get better? I'd suggest that you hold on until he's back seeing as someone else's in charge of the schedule for the time being.
Old August 23, 2013, 06:37:43 AM
Regigigas

I've seen cuts in hours myself, but nothing that drastic. The company implemented a new "no fulltime work" policy due to the upcoming Obamacare stuff, which cut my hours from 39 to 29 [full-time here is 30 hours]. I'm sticking with my job for the time being because I have incredible job security there [I'm one of the few who actually does a lot of work while the others tend to slack off]. Plus I currently make well over minimum wage, something I'd have to drop back down to if I searched for work elsewhere.
Old August 23, 2013, 05:23:03 PM

My former best friend's house, which is about a 3 minute walk from my house, got broken into today. The home intruder was shot and killed.

I already suffer from chronic insomnia from just...well...my life. But, with this now, there goes whatever peaceful rest I might have had coming. Paranoid, restless, nervous-wrecked nights are in my future. This could have been my home. I. Hate. Living. Here. So. Freaking. Much.
Old August 23, 2013, 06:06:03 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
My former best friend's house, which is about a 3 minute walk from my house, got broken into today. The home intruder was shot and killed.

I already suffer from chronic insomnia from just...well...my life. But, with this now, there goes whatever peaceful rest I might have had coming. Paranoid, restless, nervous-wrecked nights are in my future. This could have been my home. I. Hate. Living. Here. So. Freaking. Much.
Is your state/neighborhood notorious for being dangerous? That's one of the reasons why my mom moved us out of New Jersey, it wouldn't have been right for my development.

Here is pretty calm aside from the one time my father was assaulted outside the house a year or two ago. It's hazy, but I think he was being robbed at gunpoint and my mother got the guy(s) to run off. A similar thing could've happened to us... but I still think I'm heartless because I didn't feel anything from it, not even a little fear.
Old August 23, 2013, 06:58:17 PM

Quote:

Aw man, I'm just glad you're safe. Robberies are actually pretty common around the area where I live. I think there was even a time my parents heard police sirens at night and the police caught a thief while he was trying to go around the side yard. (which is scary now that I think about it because my room is very close to there)

Apparently my college is also prone to robberies and other kinds of theft as well...
Old August 23, 2013, 07:07:21 PM
Servine

Received my country assignment for the model United Nations simulation in my international relations class! I'm representing both the European Union (and it's member states) and Japan! I was originally hoping for Russia, but I think I'm really going to like representing the EU and Japan. Also, it doesn't hurt that my partner is the cutest girl in the class.

Quote:

Glad you're safe! Good thing the intruder was killed and is no longer on the streets.
Old August 23, 2013, 07:11:09 PM
Giratina

It's times like these when I enjoy just shrinking to my bubble of "Love is all you need" and dreaming about a wonderful world. Real life is too real for me.

This first week of senior year was really nice. I really enjoy seeing all my old friends again. Now I can talk with them, torture them, and [use your imagination] whenever I please~ Now it's time to figure out if I want to start up Wrestling or Track. It might be the latter for better marching band conditioning. I can already tell it's gonna be a great year! Only 10 days to the next day off and 91 days to Winter Break.
Old August 24, 2013, 12:25:19 AM
Kyurem

Speaking of university, I think I'm going to have a bit of a universityception very soon.
Old August 24, 2013, 10:39:24 PM
Giratina

From the second I woke up today was good. Even before then as I got flooded with wishes until 1:40 AM when I crashed. Then I woke up at 7 to even MORE wishes, so I ignored them and decided to 100% Sonic Generations. That was pretty much the morning until I went out to Target to get my Wii U. And because I'm such a generous and loving person, I used my birthday money/extra Wii U money to buy my friend the gift that he loved more than anything, Project X-Zone. I spent the whole day there beating people in Brawl, showing them up in Rhythm Heaven Fever (Lies, I am so rusty), having a Just Dance marathon, and ending it with good old game commentary. I would never start a Halo campaign without that guy, and playing it together just makes the experience so much funnier. Now I know why LPers enjoy commentary so much X3

I didn't get much, but it was certainly nice. A hand crafted poster, my Wii U Deluxe (AND EARTHBOUND BABY!!), $35 left, and the most surprising of all was a full art Giratina EX card and Etrian Odyssey for DS from Suicune.

This happiness will lead into September nicely~ Life is smoothing out for me once more~

Oh, one other strange thing I found out today. I share a birthday with Hideo Kojima, Mr. Metal Gear. That must mean we MUST be linked in some strange way. And I know what it is... SNATCHER!!

Last edited by TurtwigX; August 24, 2013 at 11:11:17 PM.
Old August 27, 2013, 06:23:48 AM
Administrator

It feels strange to be up at 7 in the morning, but what makes it even weirder is the fact I woke up at this time (when used to getting up between 9 and 10) without any alarm whatsoever. I did set one, but I awakened ten minutes prior to its sound.
Old August 27, 2013, 06:42:36 AM
Kyurem

Sometimes I get to automatically wake up at 6 in the morning when I went to bed at 3.
Old August 27, 2013, 07:15:42 AM
Kyurem

Usually if I set an alarm, I wake up a few minutes before it sounds.
Old August 27, 2013, 11:37:56 PM
Regigigas

Ugh I need new shoes a haircut and supplies this week before school
Old August 27, 2013, 11:51:42 PM
Shaymin

I need a hair cut as well, It's getting too long for me to look decent.

Waking up is no problem for me, I have like five separate alarms at different hours. It kinda helps... A little...
Old August 29, 2013, 07:33:33 AM
Regigigas

I need to get my sleep schedule back on track. It's become too erratic as of late. The current schedule has me zonking out randomly at night [could be 9pm, could be as late as 3am] and waking up around 8am.
Old August 29, 2013, 10:32:28 AM
Rayquaza

I got a hair cut earlier this week, however it's kind of bad for me to have short hair because despite being 19 I think I'm already going bald.

Also one of my classmates from grade school was gone missing, I really hope she's found safe soon.

On the plus I also got a job interview this Saturday.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 29, 2013 at 11:45:25 AM.
Old August 29, 2013, 03:33:59 PM
Giratina

I got two amazing late birthday presents~! (Because Amazon doesn't know how to ship by a certain date. Jerks. :I) Funny story, that CD I picked up in Vegas was just the third of three volumes, something I had forgotten at the time. We went back to that shop to look for the rest, but all the lady whispered was "Amazon."
Now weeks later I finally received the first and second volumes from my aunt and mother respectively. It's COMPLETE! Klaus Voorman even made the strangest yet Beatlesque design. Putting all the CD cases together makes it look like one long poster collage.
Could this get any better?    

On my sleep schedule, I should probably work on fixing it. The only set thing is that I wake up at 6 AM each day, but I don't know when I'll go to sleep. This usually causes me to crash by third period at 11:30 AM and my eyes'll start hurting. But THAT problem could probably be fixed by wearing my glasses when I use the computer. (And maybe I should also stop playing Animal Crossing at night... nah. )
Old August 31, 2013, 07:42:34 AM
Rayquaza

Well I just got back from my job interview and right now I'm going insane hoping they will hire me so I need a distraction.

Last edited by Magmaster12; August 31, 2013 at 07:42:51 AM.
Old August 31, 2013, 08:33:09 PM
Giratina

The day I've been waiting for is finally here! It's SEPTEMBER~! *Blasts confetti cannon* I'm not very religious but if I had to make up some holiday for myself it'd be September 21st. Concrete day of the autumnal equinox and what I know to be "The happiest day of the year." I don't know what it was last year but I just felt SO GOOD. Hilarious because then it's followed by my least favorite month. Too bad I can't spend the first day here, I've invited my closest friends to my house for a birthday cookout. You just can't have enough birthday~

And on a related note; welcome to the world, Disaster 2012 babies~!
Old August 31, 2013, 10:44:04 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Well I just got back from my job interview and right now I'm going insane hoping they will hire me so I need a distraction.
A distraction? Why not try Cookie Clicker?

whoops did I say a distraction I meant a new hobby that you'll never close the tab for kthxbai
Old September 1, 2013, 05:20:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post

whoops did I say a distraction I meant a new hobby that you'll never close the tab for kthxbai
Omg I almost fell for your trap... you sly dog.
Old September 1, 2013, 01:18:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post

Well, that's certainly quite a random game. I think I'll avoid it because it looks addicting. saves.txt
Old September 1, 2013, 02:08:43 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Well, that's certainly quite a random game. I think I'll avoid it because it looks addicting. Attachment 5304
I have nothing better to do until my classes start on Tuesday so I'm just going to let myself get addicted.
Old September 1, 2013, 04:34:08 PM

You just gotta love when someone in your dorm burns cheese and sets the fire alarm off. It's even better when you need to evacuate outside during a thunderstorm!
Old September 1, 2013, 04:44:54 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
You just gotta love when someone in your dorm burns cheese and sets the fire alarm off. It's even better when you need to evacuate outside during a thunderstorm!
How exactly does one "burn cheese?"
Old September 1, 2013, 06:54:28 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
How exactly does one "burn cheese?"
Put cheese on pan. Cook. Leave till burnt.

There. You now know the secrets to burnt cheese.
Old September 2, 2013, 09:36:35 AM
Rayquaza

Todayborday is Labor Day Todayborday it is Labor Day

Old September 2, 2013, 01:08:01 PM
Giratina

Quote:
This story is full of so much WTVF. At least no roaches fell from the ceiling onto the burning cheese. (I $%^&* hate that fake cooking class...)
Old September 2, 2013, 07:32:18 PM
Regigigas

Yay school tomorrow awesome! *cries*
Old September 3, 2013, 03:16:26 AM
Giratina

This is really weird. I saw this commercial on Boomerang last night for like the hundredth time. It's a sing-a-long to a show's theme, even though I've never seen the show before. At first I didn't like it but over time I grew to love the sound.

But last night I noticed, "Hey, this kinda sounds like The Beatles." Not only that, but specifically Magical Mystery Tour. It's not because of the animal costumes or the strange colors, but it's really just the FEEL that's Beatlesque. The drum rolls themselves remind me of Ringo. It's odd that I'm just noticing this now since they've ran this commercial plenty of times.

If it was partially a reference I can see why. Magical Mystery Tour was more of a hit in America than in Britain. Just a musical analysis.
Old September 4, 2013, 02:47:00 AM
Giratina

Lol everyone on twitter's like "WHAT DO WE WEAR FOR SCHOOL" and i'm like "my school has uniform"
Old September 4, 2013, 05:57:29 AM
Haxorus

Well, school started today. Everyone gets a laptop. Just about everything is blocked (except VR). It's been an alright day so far. I think I go to gym next. I didn't know I had gym. Oh well. Guess I'll sit it out. Like everyone else. Because we just got our schedules today.
Old September 4, 2013, 09:14:17 AM
Kyurem

Sometimes the first day of school is also the worst day.
Old September 4, 2013, 09:22:53 AM
Administrator

Having blocked school Internet reminds me of my high school. They blocked YouTube's video servers (meaning you couldn't load any videos), but everything else worked fine...including uploading videos.
Old September 4, 2013, 10:02:38 AM
Rayquaza

Yeah, my first day School sucked because I have a total of three hours of down time between classes and the school wi-fi doesn't even work!
Old September 4, 2013, 11:51:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Lol everyone on twitter's like "WHAT DO WE WEAR FOR SCHOOL" and i'm like "my school has uniform"
Muahaha Catholic school's way to make us seem "professional". Shouldn't they be teaching us that looks aren't everything?
Old September 4, 2013, 11:54:02 AM
Administrator

I managed to dodge uniforms. The year after I left middle school, they switched to having silly uniforms.
Old September 4, 2013, 11:56:28 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Muahaha Catholic school's way to make us seem "professional". Shouldn't they be teaching us that looks aren't everything?
I don't even understand the point of Catholic Schools, nearly every one I've met that attended one no longer goes to church.
Old September 4, 2013, 03:57:47 PM
Giratina

My school has uniforms, but we're a public school. One of the older teachers told me that's because it was very violent back then and people'd kill to have the fresh clothes. Doesn't mean I follow the uniform policy 100%, there's always that one day I wear my Sonic shirt.

But that reminds me of something funny. Since the first day of school this girl in my Calculus class has been carrying around this fox tail. It's just... there and I had no idea why. Today I decided to ask her why she had it and she told me that "It's my keychain." I don't remember how long I laughed.
Old September 4, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

Quote:
Today I decided to ask her why she had it and she told me that "It's my keychain." I don't remember how long I laughed.
Maybe she wants to come across as foxy? *shot*

Besides general schoolwork, I'm also going to start working on a long and difficult project. I spent the last year planning a few things (and I still kind of am in the planning stage), but now I think I can start working on it.

I shall include a small preview of what it is, but this will be all I'll reveal for a while.

PROJECT NOW UNDER DEVELOPMENT    
Old September 4, 2013, 06:30:26 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Besides general schoolwork, I'm also going to start working on a long and difficult project. I spent the last year planning a few things (and I still kind of am in the planning stage), but now I think I can start working on it.

I shall include a small preview of what it is, but this will be all I'll reveal for a while.

PROJECT NOW UNDER DEVELOPMENT    
ROM hack? Nice. What game is it made from?
Old September 4, 2013, 10:12:26 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Maybe she wants to come across as foxy? *shot*
No one here says that anymore

I think I've listened to so much Beatles it even spread to my cooking skills. I got bored of regular burgers so I decided on a whim that I should get experimental with it. What started off as an idea for a couple mushroom swiss burgers evolved into a triple cheeseburger with a multitude of things I found in my fridge (I think it helped that I have no idea how to cook mushrooms.) It's now my favorite thing I've ever made~ I have to give it a name with a copyright symbol to make people think it's important~
Old September 5, 2013, 08:37:09 AM
Kyurem

I really should get an awesome cheeseburger tomorrow - it's making me feel hungry 🍔

Last edited by Reuniclus; September 5, 2013 at 09:23:49 AM. Reason: Fixed it for you~