Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 12, 2011, 06:11:22 PM
Kyurem

Default No video on Wii

Earlier, my parents were using Netflix on the Wii, when the video cut out, and, eventually, the sound. After a couple restarts of both the Wii and the Blu-ray player that it was connected to, we managed to get sound, but no video. Also note that the Wii has gone through a bit of abuse lately, with constant Netflix and NFS Hot Pursuit use.
Old February 12, 2011, 06:23:55 PM
Shaymin

Check the Yellow ended cords connected from both the Wii to and from the Blu-Ray player, as well as the ones from the Blu-ray player to the TV. If unplugging them doesn't work, then plug the Wii's RCA cables into another source, preferably straight into the TV. If that doesn't work then, well, contact Nintendo about a solution and hope that your warranty is still strong.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 12, 2011 at 06:24:12 PM.
Old February 13, 2011, 03:56:05 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Check the Yellow ended cords connected from both the Wii to and from the Blu-Ray player, as well as the ones from the Blu-ray player to the TV. If unplugging them doesn't work, then plug the Wii's RCA cables into another source, preferably straight into the TV. If that doesn't work then, well, contact Nintendo about a solution and hope that your warranty is still strong.
I'm actually using an HDMI cable.

EDIT: Also another thing I forgot to say; The Blu-ray player's BIOS works perfectly fine.

Last edited by NismoZ; February 13, 2011 at 03:57:09 PM.
Old February 14, 2011, 04:06:58 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I'm actually using an HDMI cable.
Why are you using your Wii through your Blu-Ray player? Why not wire the Wii directly to the TV? Even if your Blu-Ray player's working it's worth a shot.
Old March 22, 2011, 04:37:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Why are you using your Wii through your Blu-Ray player? Why not wire the Wii directly to the TV? Even if your Blu-Ray player's working it's worth a shot.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that my TV only has two HDMI ports, both of them in use.

By the way, it managed to fix itself, but it broke again. I've actually narrowed it down a bit; yesterday, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 worked perfectly fine, as a non-graphics-intensive game, while the graphics-intensive Need for Speed Hot Pursuit won't work well, and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 on progressive scan mode won't work well either (no word yet on it without yet). When I manage to get it to work again, I'll try switching the Wii back to 480i and seeing if that does it. (although even then Netflix still won't work as it'll still use 1080p)

Last edited by NismoZ; March 22, 2011 at 04:38:29 PM.