Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old August 12, 2011, 02:31:18 AM
Magikarp

Talking {NM} Introductions

Hai thar, my name is ISpy. (...erm, username...) I came here mostly because I was curious, and after a while of looking around, I'm interested in what's going on and decided to pop in to say hai.

Uh, I've been a Pokémon fan since as long as I can actually remember. I think the first time I actually saw it was when the Game Boy Color was a few years old, and a childhood friend of mine let me watch him play his Yellow Version. My favorite Pokémon has always been Blastoise, but I tried over the years to get a good balance of power in my overall team, using Pokémon from the first three generations. IV and V have disappointed me in a few ways, so I don't really use Pokémon from Sinnoh or Unova, having never picked up D/P or B/W. (Rule 1 of anything: stick with what you know.)
That's not to say I'm going to rip off your face and stick it where the sun don't shine if you like Gens IV and V. I just disagree with you. I think some of the few Pokémon I actually DID like from IV are Glaceon and Lumineon, and from V there's Zebstrika and Krookodile.

That being said, it's gathered I own everything except D/P and B/W...which I do. xD
I think the one thing I've always wanted to do is attend a Comicon or Anime Convention, something my insanely strict parents have never allowed me to do. ("It's nonsense", they says, "It's rubbish" they says! Rawr!) I'm hoping one day I can actually....go and do that. Not a lot of conventions are in Europe.

I live in Belgium, but I'm actually American. This is my last year of high school before I have to leave the house, so I don't have as much time to do the things I want like I used to...I'm a little nervous too, because it's taken me a while to finally decide what it is I want to actually do with myself.

You see, I always liked to play MMORPG's online. One of my favorite games has always been Final Fantasy, but I grew up a Super Mario/Legend of Zelda kid. One night I couldn't sleep, so I broke out FireRed and started off where I left. A few hours later, it was morning, I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep to the music of Lavender Town, and came upon a realization.
Pokemon didn't have any ("real") multiplayer games.
I remember thinking: "Why not? Nintendo could make millions doing something like that...I mean if Square Enix can make two MMORPG's in the timespan of ten years, what's keeping Nintendo from doing the same thing? Nintendo is the world's leader in RPG's, with Mario in sales with millions more than the leading Final Fantasy. They could easily do the exact same thing, if not to an improved state."
So I did some research. All the available MMO's were browser-based sprite things that didn't deviate at all from the main storyline of the original games. "That's not fun, I thought, "Why can't I customize my own trainer?" There was no news about Nintendo planning anything like that. I thought maybe they just didn't want to...or maybe they simply hadn't put the energy into thinking through it entirely. I had the energy! I had ideas that I knew would work, because I had played MMO's before and knew what would go through in the long run and what wouldn't!

I talked to some friends of mine. They agreed that it would be nice, to be able to see the world of Pokemon the way it was envisioned--In "3D" (as 3D as games go, we're talking NOT with the glasses and stuff,) and with the power of choice! You could choose your own team in the games, but what about the color of your eyes? What about the clothing you wore? What if someone didn't like being a hero all the time, wasn't there some way you could join the nefarious Team Rocket, or maybe even Team Plasma? Why is it that it takes a connector cable or wireless adapter to fight someone else, instead of just a few clicks of the mouse?

And so I decided to move away from becoming an orthodontist and am moving forward with becoming a scenario designer...and who knows, maybe even executive producer.

If you're interested in talking with me, I'm more than available for conversation whenever you'd like. :3 It doesn't matter about what, or even if you're just looking for someone to hang around with, I'm always welcoming new friends into my extensive list of people I like.

So thanks for reading the excessive walls of text and ramblings! I'll see you all around! ;3
Old August 12, 2011, 07:16:52 AM
Landorus

Welcome to victory Road!
Old August 12, 2011, 09:10:21 AM
Zoroark

Welcome to Victory Road. Please be sure to read the rules before posting. If you need any help or want to chat you can PM me anytime.
Old August 12, 2011, 01:13:12 PM

Welcome to the forums! I used to be part of a development team for a fan-made Pokemon MMORPG, but we eventually got a Cease-and-Desist from Nintendo. Boohoo. I support the notion of them making an official Pokemon MMORPG.

I hope you enjoy your time here!
Old August 13, 2011, 03:55:42 AM
Mudkip

Welcome to the site! Nice to see someone else who uses NM in their titled introduction. x3
I really hope we will be seeing more of each other in the forums.
You seem super special ultra awesome.