Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 20, 2011, 11:58:10 AM
Kyurem

Default Please rate these sprite not made by me.

I know some of you may remember the old thread where I posted his sprites and I am posting a new one because of your like for his sprites.

Well this is my real life friends sprites, some of you may know him from Youtube as Graboidfan31.

He made my self sprite, the Palkia and Zekrom recolor aqua and green. Also he made YAmIOnFier (he is on this forum but I know him in real life and so do Graboid) sprite which is the Mewtwo, Hydregion, and Mew fusion. That one dragon sprite in the 3rd row down,last in the row is a scratch sprite but he did use the colors from Pokemon. Graboid's self sprite is the Bisharp recolor Blue and Gold. He made the Fire Shirty and Water Scizor is to be a silly looking. Some of his sprite he did it base on stuff from Pikimin.

He like to try to get his sprite out there so please post a comment if you like them so some of them need improvement.

Also some of his sprite that on his channel aren't on the picture is because his computer was crash. If you post the names to some of his old sprites that were deleted and you like to see again. Then he will probably remade that one for you.

Last edited by Aquablast; October 20, 2011 at 12:03:50 PM.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:17:30 PM
Shaymin

Honestly, some are pretty bad and some are good from one to team they range from 2-7.5 out of 10

Best:

Worst:
Old October 20, 2011, 12:33:13 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Honestly, some are pretty bad and some are good from one to team they range from 2-7.5 out of 10

Best:

Worst:
You know of the worst ones you pick was my SELF SPRITE but I did tell him it was recolor a bit bad. Other than that it is not a bad sprite. I really don't think the other two are bad, that little Dragon is supposed to be a pre-evolution of that Dragon in the 1st row at the end. That other one he work really hard on, I think it turned out well.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:40:26 PM
Shaymin

Who do you keep referring to as "He"?
Old October 20, 2011, 12:51:24 PM
Kyurem

Graboidfan31, the creator of the sprites.
Old October 20, 2011, 12:55:15 PM
Shaymin

Found it.
I love Google. <3

I am a member to that site... I need to be more active on it. But yeah, some of these sprites are good.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 20, 2011 at 01:07:23 PM.
Old October 20, 2011, 05:55:19 PM
Kyurem

For future reference, it'd be better to bump the old topic rather than creating a whole new thread for the same topic.

Well, the sprites are great, but there are some that could use some work.
Aerodactly-Ho-Oh Fusion - Just like I stated in the other thread, the sudden contrast from brown to gray here is awkward. When you fuse wings, the body and wings are almost always the same color when they connect. They don't just suddenly change colors.
Blastoise-Arcanine-Various Pokemon Fusion - The concept he was trying to go with was great, but it didn't go out as planned it seems. First off, the spikes on the arm don't look "natural". Even if you're spriting two Pokemon with next to no similarities, the fusing has to at least look natural. And Blastoise looks like he has no upper body connecting to Arcanine. And the final flaw is the wings. It's like they're all out of whack. One seems like it's facing front the correct way, but the other looks like it is flipped around backwards.
And one other little thing bothering me is the coloring. The sudden contrast from light purple to dark purple messes it up. Adding a middle shade there would make it look better.

Rattatta-Haunter Fusion - This is just.. The body really messes up the sprite.
It really doesn't belong there, and if he was keeping it there for the head, the head would look fine by its self.

Palkia-Blastoise Fusion - If I had to choose one sprite that was the worst, this would be it. It could be a lot better if just one thing was removed.
You see, if I've learned anything about spriting, which I have, it's that you do not, under any circumstances, fuse faces.
Yes; you can fuse eyes and perhaps nostrils, but not the whole face. The faces.
The coloring could be better, as well. Green and that odd shade of blue don't exactly fit together.

Braviary-??? Fusion - This.. I have no idea what happened here.
Scratch what I said about the previous sprite, this one is the worst.
This whole concept doesn't exactly "fit" with Braviary. First off, the sprite gives the appearance that Braviary either has A) An incredibly thin neck or B) No neck at all.
The way its head is posed doesn't fit with the way the sprite is posed. If you look at Braviary's sprite, he's swooping down, on what I would presume is prey, in a diagonal line.
But with the body(?) and apparent neck of the sprite, it's standing straight up, and is in no way curving to fir with the pose of Braviary's head.
The shading could be improved on a lot. It looks very jagged and shaky.

Dratini - Lapras Fusion - This one is somewhat fine, but the head messes it up.
In spriting, you have to make sure your sprite's limbs and various other things have reasonable proportion with each other.
This is an example of one that does not have reasonable proportions.
The head is too big for the body and would look better if it was smaller.

Scratch sprite - This one is great considering it's a scratch, but it's way oversized. It passes the official 90x90 size restrictions of Pokemon sprites.
I don't know if this was intentional or not, but most spriters tend to have their scratch sprites following the given restrictions, otherwise it won't look as great.

Dragonite-Various Pokemon Fusion - I only have one minor problem here, and that is the horns protruding from the top.
They're flipped, which is really not a problem if it's done write, but it's not.
You see, when you flip a part of sprite, you have to edit the shading accordingly to the new position. The shading doesn't just change when it's flipped, and if you don't change it, it won't look as great.

Mightyena Fusion - My only problem here is the mask on its face. You see, the mask looks weird because the way it's positioned on the sprite.
It looks like it's just floating there above the Mightyena's head, not even connected.
What should have happened here was for the mask to follow the shapes and natural curves of the sprite, so it could look more "natural".

Other than the ones I critiqued, the rest are adequate.

Last edited by Shiny; October 20, 2011 at 05:59:40 PM.
Old October 21, 2011, 07:28:40 AM
Kyurem

I do agree with you about Luigia fusion.

I do agree with the color being mess up some with Blastoise.

The Rattatta one I think he made that to suck.

It is Palkia and Zekrom fusion. I actually think the head look good on him but the color is a bit mess up and so is the tail. Is my self sprite but I think he should of work on it a bit more.

The Braviary wasn't that good. I hate that body too.

I agree with you on Larpas, Dragon sprite, and Dragonite.

That Mightyena was made for a contest, the category was to make a Pokemon with a mask.
Old December 7, 2011, 11:04:36 PM
Joltik

well its funny and creative those sprites