Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 16, 2010, 06:17:24 PM
Kyurem

Default The Boondocks

Here you may discuss what is one of the most controversial and entertaining "cartoons" out there

The Boondocks On Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Boondocks is an American animated series created by Aaron McGruder for the Adult Swim network, based upon McGruder's comic strip of the same name. The Boondocks is a social satire of American culture and race relations revolving around the lives of the Freeman family: ten-year-old Huey, his younger brother, eight-year-old Riley, and their grandfather, Robert. The series is produced by Rebel Base and is now airing its third season on Adult Swim.
It airs on Adult Swim on Saturday and Sunday. New episodes are aired each Sunday night
It's currently on it's third (and supposedly last season)

Last edited by Shiny; August 16, 2010 at 06:18:55 PM. Reason: Coding Fail :c
Old September 17, 2010, 09:27:47 PM
Celebi

I love love love LOVE the Boondocks. It is controversal, indeed, but sooooo funny!

I hope this isn't the last season, but now that it's over now, I can believe that. There was a LOT of mentioning of moving to somewhere else. Maybe we'll get a new season in another year and a half.

My favorite episode happens to be a banned one called "The Uncle Ruckus Show" which has BET focusing on Uncle Ruckus since he's a black man who hates black people, but when he finds out he's 100% African after taking a DNA test, he gets in a deep depression and puts the people who put him on TV in trouble of losing their jobs. Anyway, I can see why it was banned. It puts a negative spin on BET (but it's just a parody). My favorite quote is:

"What does B-E-T stand for?"

"Um, Black Entertainment Tele-"

"NO!! Black EVIL Television! We're evil!!"

There are other quotes, but I can't say them here without offending a LOT of people.. :3