Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Funny/Interesting Stuff
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 3, 2011, 05:34:31 PM

Default Rock Tunnel

Most of us here know what Rock Tunnel is. Here is my story of pain and agony on this tough journey through it on my recent Pokémon Yellow playthrough.

Well, I start of at the Pokémon Center, right outside of it, and battle the trainer that's right there on the way in. Beat her, and strolled on in without many healing items and without going back to heal my Pokémon. This turned out to be the worst mistake I probably could have made. Everybody started to take a good amount of damage, and I started to get a little worried. Then there were the rocks. The exploding ones, if you know what I mean. It took out my Ivysaur and Wartortle, two key Pokémon in navigating the caves full of rock Pokémon. This is where I got very worried. It leaves me with Nidorina, Charmeleon, Pikachu, and Butterfree. Unfortunately, the next to befall me was the fainting of my Pikachu and Nidorina. Last but not least, my two remaining Pokémon were poisoned, with the exit nowhere in sight. I have to use my Max Potion, regular potion, and two ethers on my Butterfree's drained out confusion. This comes down to the wire. I get out of the cave, and have two battles after that. In the process, my Charmeleon gets KO'd, which leaves me with my butterfree. I encounter the last trainer right outside of Lavender. He has a Cubone first. I think to myself "I may still be in the running yet!" I KO it quite easily. The the message pops up. Slowpoke is next. "NOOOOOO!" I yell to myself. I put the thing to sleep, and Confusion spam it, because that's the only offensive move on Butterfree. Miraculously, I win the battle, with 6 HP on the poisoned Butterfree. I make it to the counter in Lavender Town.

Look at this to make more sense of my suffering    

Unfortunately, I had not healed yet, so I whited out to the last Pokémon Center I healed at. At least when going through the cave this time, I don't have to deal with all the trainers and their poison and exploding rocks.

Last edited by Ditto616; February 3, 2011 at 05:42:22 PM.
Old February 3, 2011, 05:36:43 PM
Shaymin

This is either really win or really fail. I can't discern as to which.
Old February 3, 2011, 05:36:49 PM
Kyurem

That's why you always buy 20 Antidotes at the first Pokecenter you see! It is a common rule of Pokemon.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:08:43 PM
Giratina

Haha. It's really annoying when you fall into such mistakes. xD
Old February 4, 2011, 02:25:27 AM
Giratina

I've never been that close before. I've occasionally made to to the doors of the Pokémon Center, but that's just cruel. At least you can now whizz through Rock Tunnel now.
Old February 4, 2011, 07:35:34 AM
Celebi

You were at the counter? That's taking the mick. I thought poison didnt affect you in buildings.