Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 13, 2012, 09:43:19 PM
Regigigas

Default Don't mind me, just gonna leave this random and out of the blue question here...

Looking around my college's campus, a thought occurred to me that I've probably had before, but never really gave much consideration to-- There are multiple ways people like to dress, and they tend to attract the attention of different kinds of people.

I know, "Wow, Syra, where'd you come to that crazy conclusion?", yeah, but it never really came across to me as a thing until recently.

So, here's the question: what single word would you use to describe the manner in which you dress? Maybe you want to impress the other gender with a "fashionable", "cool", or even "sexy" style. Or you might find that shallow and prefer to dress with a "conservative" or "unspectacular" style, that's fine. Even if you just don't care, that's a style, something like "unconcerned" or "oblivious".

My Answer: I think I'd probably use the word "Friendly". Most of the time I have a long-sleeve, a sweater vest, a beanie, and a scarf (during winter weather, anyway) that I'd like to think gives off a welcoming vibe. I mean, looking at myself in the mirror with those clothes, I think they only look good on me while I'm smiling 8P
Old October 13, 2012, 09:50:13 PM
Administrator

Generic.

I like simple clothes, with the occasional specialty, like that Zorua shirt.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:02:38 PM
Shaymin

Simple.

I somewhat have humorous shirts. But if you've seen me once, you know how I dress.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:31:56 PM

Random.

As in, I'll wear whatever the heck of mine I can find around the house that is clean and fits me. I'll even sometimes wear some of my dad's clothes if they fit. I do tend to wear a lot of sports-themed shirts though.
Old October 13, 2012, 10:43:00 PM
Haxorus

Derpy.

I wear a lot of weird pants like these in the colder times
these    

For shirts, I usually find a few that I really like and rotate around those until I find new shirts that I like. My shirts mainly consist of video gamey stuff and pop-culture and the like.
Old October 13, 2012, 11:08:24 PM
Shaymin

I try to dress in collared and nice (Dark) jeans. I try to where wear blue and black a lot, those are my colors. Though it is also a simlpe look and not too showy, I like it. I dont really dress to impress.

My answer: Nice
Old October 14, 2012, 12:31:37 AM

Athletically

I tend to wear loose clothing that is more fitting to wear in Summer. I normally wear a T shirt with basketball shorts. (even though I'm not one bit athletic ) I even wear the same style in late Fall. People think I'm crazy because of how cold it is outside yet I'm still wearing a T-shirt with shorts. I generally don't wear jeans because I don't think they're that comfortable, personally, but I'll wear them if I have to. It is rare to see me in long pants, unless it's a formal occasion. Haha
Old October 14, 2012, 05:35:48 AM
Giratina

"Whatever"

I just wear one of the six shirts I have, one of the four pairs of trousers that I have, one of the two jackets that I have, underwear, socks, and my one pair of shoes. I'm not overly fussed what I look like as long as it's reasonable.
Old October 14, 2012, 05:41:43 AM
Giratina

Plain.

Nearly all of my shirts have no text on it and my jeans are as plain as you can get them. I've never really been a fan of clothing with text on it for some reason.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:02:48 AM
Rayquaza

I usually jeans, blue or black only, and a dress shirt. The dress shirt is either formal, or sometimes those which are designed. I do wear plain or stripped shirts, but rarely.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:06:26 AM
Giratina

Casual and Cool.

I'm like a cartoon character in a way, since I have a basic daily outfit. Depending on the weather of course. For now, it would be an undershirt, regular shirt, jacket, and jeans. Simple and easy. I'm not trying to impress anyone. :I
Old October 14, 2012, 09:53:19 AM
Landorus

Hm... "Comfortable", I guess. It's usually just jeans (or, in the summer, jean shorts) and a t-shirt. I guess "Uncaring" would work, too, since I usually don't care what it looks like as long as it fits comfortably.
Old October 14, 2012, 11:18:53 AM
Haxorus

SCHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG

No.
If I had to use one word, it'd be Adamantine. I dress...solidly, as it were. Not too fancy, casual, but no shorts.
Old October 14, 2012, 11:28:39 AM
Shaymin

I have 2 styles that I occasionally rotate between, "Formal" and "Conservatively Confident". Yeah.
For my "Formal" style no matter what day of the year, whether it's 32°C or -50°C I'm always wearing black, gray or navy blue skinny jeans. (The black ones are the most common that you'll see me wearing.) And then I tend to wear button-up shirts with the sleeves rolled up just above my elbow.
My "Conservatively Confident" style consists of t-shirt with videogame themes on them. Anything I wear never shows even the slightest bit of my collarbones, ever. I dress extremely conservatively.

Okay, now because I feel that my description was fairly lacking, I'll post 2 examples of me wearing each style. Later. Not now. I'm lazy.
Old October 15, 2012, 04:57:12 PM
Haxorus

That's a tough question. Two words come to mind: first, casual; second, comfortable. However, most of my everyday clothing is also what I wear to more formal events, though usually with dress pants instead of jeans. Sooo, is what I wear more "dressy" or do I just not dress up enough for formal events? My second word is true for me personally, though I'm sure many wouldn't be very comfortable in what I wear.

To sum it all up, I'm not sure. I guess comfortable would be the best descriptive word for my style, but it still doesn't fit. Maybe inspiration will strike me later, when I least expect. Or I'll look up a list of adjectives for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
I have 2 styles that I occasionally rotate between, "Formal" and "Conservatively Confident".
That's two words.
Old October 21, 2012, 04:39:18 PM
Pikachu

I usually dress in casual clothes. But also sometimes I wear genomes and such as well.
Old November 13, 2012, 03:04:32 PM
Servine

Casual.

That's the type of guy I am. I usually just wear a pair of dark jeans with a shirt and a t-shirt. Sometimes a sweatshirt makes in in there. I generally keep it simple.