Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 25, 2012, 05:44:13 PM
Giratina

Default What Tier do you think the new Kyurem formes are in?

As the Pokemon Kyurem is in the BL tier while Reshiram and Zekrom are in Ubers, what do you think the new formes would be? I say High OUs or Low Ubers. They are very unique in typings and would have probably nice stats too. What do you people think?
Old February 25, 2012, 05:50:38 PM
Administrator

I don't really follow the tiers that much, but I'd guess low übers myself.
Old February 25, 2012, 05:57:20 PM
Giratina

It'll most likely be Suspect Ubers. Kyurem is in Limbo right now, so the new forms will probably be suspect Ubers.
Old February 25, 2012, 06:06:04 PM

Well, Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire are both very unique types. I can see the Ice/Fire form be in OU or very low ubers (possibly UU?) because of its great weakness to stealth rock.

However, the Ice/Electric form covers some of the weaknesses that Ice has, so it has a more favorable typing, defensive-wise. I can see the Ice/Electric form easily going into ubers. This pokemon has a type combination that can trump 5 different types out of the 17 and has only 4 weaknesses.
The Ice/Fire form....is an exceptionally good offensive combination. This particular combination is able to trump 7 different types out of the 17 and also has 4 weaknesses. The one noticeable thing about this form is its extreme weakness to rock moves. I would compare this pokemon, to Volcarona, very good type coverage, but has some severe weaknesses.

Overall, I see the Ice/Fire form being more offensive and the Ice/Electric form as being more defensive. Both forms have exceptional type coverage, but the strong rock weakness may bring this pokemon down.
Old February 25, 2012, 06:10:15 PM
Giratina

That was exactly what I was thinking Reun! Great minds think alike.
Old February 25, 2012, 06:37:23 PM
Kyurem

The new formes and moves might be enough to push Kyurem up to at the very least, very high OU, perhaps all the way to mid-Uber.

In practice, though... We'll only know when it's actually tested out.
Old February 26, 2012, 03:28:30 AM
Rayquaza

Both will end up in Ubers, I believe. Although Ice/Fire has major weaknesses, but it can still survive as long as it has the required stats and moves. Ho-Oh survived.
Old February 26, 2012, 09:48:39 AM
Kyurem

Consider that both Reshiram and Zekrom are Ubers, this boost would probably give Kyurem there powers. Which would make him WAY stronger, so I am going with Uber.
Old February 28, 2012, 02:32:57 PM
Zoroark

Ice/Electric at least features perfect coverage with STAB. Ice/Fire is absolutely terrible, offensively and defensively. Neither one will make it to Uber status. Bare in mind, Ubers is a ban list and not an actual tier, per se. There is nothing groundbreaking from either of these, nor would it cause over-centralization.
Old February 28, 2012, 03:23:29 PM

ZeKyurom sounds like the ultimate boltbeamer.
Old March 26, 2012, 02:43:25 AM
Zoroark

I remain reserved on this as I'm not sure what they'll do with the typing. I'm currently debating two options, either it'll have Reshiram/Zekrom's typing or ditch the Dragon type and go Fire/Ice and Fire/Electric, which could change a lot of things.

Second it might be impossible - and I hope it isn't - to use either forme in battles. I remember how they did that stupid thing for Giratina-O's compatibility with D/P by not allowing the Griseous Orb to stay attached. Let's hope they don't do with Kyurem's formes too.