Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 11, 2011, 09:04:48 AM
Volcarona

Default Strange Visitors

This RP is quite different from my other ones, in that the characters will end up in a world that is quite different from my fanfic world. It's a Pokemon/Thief crossover. First, the characters will be noticed by the people from the City and start telling others about them. An organization of ruffians and smugglers have their eyes on the new visitors and will try to capture everyone. the RP characters have to avoid them because they are numerous and powerful. Meanwhile a second, deeply religious faction has also taken an interest in them, but are more scared of them. Nevertheless, they will attempt to study them without getting too involved, at least that's what they hope. Meanwhile, a lone observer of the coming events, a "watchman" as he calls himself, tries to tell everyone what is coming and what they must do. He warns of catastrophe that threatens to destroy the entire city from the inside and needs help to prevent that from happening.

That's why the characters are here.

UPDATE: After a long talk with SpikyEaredPichu96, I've decided to let this RP take more of a comedic turn. Ross will be playing a video game, and that game happens to be an unfamiliar version of a game he knew so well. Only, the CD that Ross was playing was no ordinary CD. Ross had bought it from a secondhand shop and decided to try it. Little did he know that the CD had the power to change reality. All the soon to be players who were watching in awe and excitement had no idea what was coming.

This is basically a parody of Thief and it's many glitches and bugs.

Here are the rules of the RP:

1: No overly, super-duper powerful Pokemon. This is intended as a stealth RP.
1a: This includes legendaries.
2: Only one character per RPer.
3: The character you choose must have a strong stomach and brave enough to endure some scary moments. There are times when you will face the undead. We can't have someone running away at the sight of a zombie, no matter how decayed and disgusting it looks.
4: The characters are not to attack or hurt each other. This is a cooperative effort.
5: I'm running this show. No one can create something or change the story in any way, unless they get permission from me. If you do get my permission, please make that clear on your post.
6: Give a description of your character.
7: There cannot be more than one of the same Pokemon, unless there are visible differences between male and female (if you tell me this is dirty, I will beat you over the head with a stick). Also, please avoid shinies if you can. I gave SirShinyPichu permission to use one, but I will frown on any more.
8: The RPers take turns, in the order of who signed up first.

All right, here's my character:

Name: Ross
Species: Typhlosion
Moves: None

Distinguishing features: Forest Green eyes. Has soft fur as apposed to the coarse fur a normal Typhlosion has. Doesn't have any moves because of what happened during his childhood.

Backstory: Ross is one of the people that were affected by the powers of a mysterious Ditto, who wanders the forest and turns any kids and teens that stray too far into Pokemon. At the age of 15, he was turned into a Quilava, then evolving into a Typhlosion two years later. He is still getting used to his new self. Fortunately, he can write, and is a talented artist.

The order of posts in the RP is:

1: Armed Floatzel - Ross/M/Typhlosion
2: Idno58 - Erasmus/M/Gengar
3: SpikyEaredPichu96 - Azure/F/Gardevoir
4: Connec10 - Zelan/M/Zoroark

Since no one has signed up for the last remaining slots, I will finish this sign-up and start the RP.

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; March 5, 2011 at 04:46:51 AM.
Old February 11, 2011, 02:54:56 PM
Landorus

Sure, why not.

Name: Erasmus
Species: Gengar
EDIT: Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow possession, Body Possession, Portals

Distinguishing features: he looks like any old Gengar, although his coloration is a bit fainter and his eyes emit a softer glow than most.

Backstory/Characteristics: Erasmus (Ras) is an official of a secret organization called GHOSTS (Government Hazard Observation Secret Tracking Spies) who was sent to check out what's happening in this city. His moves are primarily based on stealth and manipulation, and he has an easy time possessing objects, people, and pokemon. When objects, etc. are possessed, they get a grayish tint to them and their body temperature drops by ten degrees. He can also pass through solid objects via dark portals and hide in their Shadows.

Last edited by Idno58; March 5, 2011 at 08:16:08 AM.
Old February 12, 2011, 04:29:07 PM
Landorus

Name: Azure
Species: Gardevoir
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Sneak

Distinguishing Features: Her eyes and the scales on her chest and back, instead of being red, are bright blue, which earned her her name.

Backstory: Being the only offspring of a Spiritomb known for his awful misdeeds, Azure was avoided by the other pokemon living in the forest, who were afraid that she would grow to follow in her father's footsteps. One day, when Azure was about 12, the forest caught on fire. Thankfully, no one had been lost, but a Charmeleon, who had set the forest on fire by accident, blamed Azure for it, afraid of what might happen to him if he told the truth. The other pokemon believed him, and Azure was forced to flee. Since then, she's lived her life in hiding, afraid of what might happen if someone knows of what she'd been accused for. She longs for company, but is still a bit afraid of trusting herself with others. Her attacks are mainly used to cause distractions to allow her to escape from those who try to hurt her.
Old February 14, 2011, 10:53:28 AM
Floatzel

Name: Zelan
Species: Zoroark
Moves: Night Slash, Scary Face, Taunt, Thief

Distinguishing features: His eyes and claws are of an icy blue color, as opposed to the red of normal Zoroarks.

Background: Being forced to run away from everything he knew, Zelan made himself a living with stealing whatever he seemed was neccessary to steal in order to survive. He always calculates the odds of anything bad happening, which kind of makes him look like a pessimist. He knows how to defend himself, but he prefers to go unnoticed rather than fighting openly.

Last edited by Connec10; February 15, 2011 at 08:23:36 AM.
Old March 5, 2011, 05:00:40 AM
Volcarona

Ross was sitting on a circular bench, staring at this mysterious CD he bought from a secondhand shop. It was titled "Thief: The Second Perspective." He was a big fan of the Thief series and was interested in this game. He was with his sister, Holly, who was sitting next to him, curious about this new game.

The town they lived in was surrounded by forest. The region they lived in was very interesting. It was where a local legend made a number of appearances. A mysterious Ditto that roamed the forest, was known for turning kids and teens into Pokemon. Ross was no exception. His human sister, Holly, still wasn't quite used to having a Typhlosion for a brother, but she was still his sister. Ross wasn't alone. Quite a few other people also ended up as Pokemon.

Holly began to speak up,

"So what is this game exactly?" she asked.

"It's a Thief game I've never heard about," answered Ross. "Even has the official logo."
Old March 5, 2011, 08:11:52 AM
Landorus

Ras was "patrolling" the city, by lurking in the shadows; checking out the city in its deepest corners and alleys. He stopped under his favorite bench for a rest and eavesdropped on a peculiar conversation about a strange video game. He didn't bother to take any notes to send to GHOSTS; a video game couldn't be that important...

Last edited by Idno58; March 5, 2011 at 08:16:17 AM.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:40:47 AM
Landorus

Azure walked slowly through the forest, looking around her apprehensively. She was starting to run low on food, and she'd been hoping that there might be some berries or something in this forest that she might be able to collect. The sound of the Pokemon's voices all around her made her extremely nervous, even though she continued to tell herself that these Pokemon wouldn't hurt her, unless she tried to hurt them, which she would never do. As she reached the edge of the forest, she saw a human girl and a Typhlosion sitting on a circular bench a little ways away. There also appeared to be a Gengar on the same bench, though the other two didn't seem to have noticed him yet. Slowly, she made her way closer, just enough to hear what they were saying, while staying out of sight.
Old March 5, 2011, 11:59:52 AM
Floatzel

"Well, this worked out just fine...", Zelan thought as he rushed through the streets, trying to find a place to hide, looking back quite often. "Next time I need to plan it out more throughoutly... but for now, I need a place- oh, a human with some Pokémon? They'd not suspect me there... at least I hope" Seeing some Pokémon and a human sitting on a bench, he quickly hopped between them, hoping they wouldn't mind a stranger and that they wouldn't ask questions.
Old March 5, 2011, 01:26:27 PM
Volcarona

"Whoa, where'd you come from?" asked Ross, eyes wide open, giving a 'what's the meaning of this' look at the Zoroark.

"Hhhhii," Holly greeted with a frozen smile, obviously not expecting this encounter.

Holly had semi-long blond hair, brown eyes, dark blue jeans, and a yellow t-shirt. She looked to be fifteen.

"My name's Ross," Ross introduced. "And this is my sister, Holly. Surprised?"

Saying that, Ross and Holly both began to expect comments about the impossibility of a human girl having a Typhlosion as a brother. They were used to it by now.
Old March 5, 2011, 03:27:23 PM
Landorus

Erasmus jotted down this information in his notepad. "It's not every day..." he muttered under his breath. "It must be Subject II again... I've only heard tales of this sort of thing..."
Old March 5, 2011, 03:48:56 PM
Landorus

"A human and a Pokemon... Related?" Azure muttered, surprised. She moved a little closer, still trying to stay out of sight. She moved up behind a tree, peeking around the trunk so she could watch.
Old March 14, 2011, 10:05:31 AM
Floatzel

"Hey hey! I hope you don't mind me hiding right here for a little!" Zelan smiled nervously, scratching the back of his head. "Don't worry, if everything works out, I won't bother you for long. Pleased to meet you nonetheless, the name's Zelan. You say you two are related. How does that even work out?"
Old March 14, 2011, 12:38:26 PM
Volcarona

"It's a long story," said Ross. "But I can tell you now, I'm not alone. Ever heard of a Pokemon that plays video games?"

"Ross just got this new game that he's looking forward to playing," Holly explained.

"I'll show you it on my computer if you want," Ross offered.

He stood up and started walking to an attachment to his house.
Old March 15, 2011, 10:53:57 AM
Landorus

Well, I've got nothing better to do... Ras thought. He slipped into Zelan's shadow, hoping the cold wouldn't make him too uncomfortable.
Old March 15, 2011, 05:36:24 PM
Landorus

Azure watched the Typhlosion move towards the house. She started to follow, then hesitated. She wanted to learn about this game that they'd been talking about, but she still didn't want to reveal herself. "Maybe... if I just stand near a window... I'll still be able to listen, at least..." She started to follow him, still trying to keep hidden.