Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Old September 16, 2010, 04:42:23 PM
Keldeo

Default Pokemon B/W metagame discussion

Well well wellll~!

The stats of all the newly revealed B/W pokemon have finally been released so I think its about time to start discussing which new pokemon will kick ass, and which will be...suckish. :V

All the stats of each pokemons final forms can be seen here http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

All the new abilities gained from the dream world can be seen here http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dr...bilities.shtml
Lets get started. =w=

Shes special bulky with a pretty good hp stat and normal/psychic typing. She has a high 128 special attack stat and is as quick as lucario WITH the ability serene grace. I'd have to see here moveset, but that seems pretty broken already. Easily top of OU tier.

140 attack, 95 speed. OH DEAR GOD. ;~; I can see this thinking wrecking entire teams. Fire typing my hinder it a little though. Lets hope he doesn't get something like sword dance or agility. Otherwise hes OU. A choice scarf would probably go well with this guy.

EEEE~! My cute lil dragon kicks ass~! <3
147 attack and 97 speed with pure dragon typing. Paper thin defense stats though. I'd assume he'll get dragon dance as a move, which would just put him over the top as a sweeper, but I think his poor defense stats will keep him out of UBER. I hope. ;~;

Last edited by Sunny; September 17, 2010 at 03:04:09 PM.
Old September 16, 2010, 04:51:31 PM
Kyurem

#563 Desukan

Ok this thing is destined to be in OU. 58/145/105 are AMAZING defenses, outclassing Rotom-A in both defenses, and Dusknoir in terms of Defense. It also has more HP. Unless it doesn't get any good moves, this will be the premier spinblocker.

#567 Aakeosu

140 Attack and 110 Speed good enough for you? I hope so. "Weak-Kneed" sounds like its going to completely screw over this Pokemon, like half its Speed or something, but it still has that sexy Attack stat...

#526 Gigaiasu

Base 135 Attack and 130 Defense is incredible, and best of all, it has 25 Speed. Slower than a Snowlax! Ladies and gentleman, I think we have a Trick Room abuser in the makings...

#609 Shanderaa

Hey look a Fire-type that's weak to Stealth Rock. Better prepare to be sent to NU buddy... ohwait hang on a second it has Flash Fire and base 145 Sp.Atk and a decent 80 Speed. Choice Scarf abuse much? Plus its a Ghost, so more likely than not it will be able to Trick the Scarf on to something like Blissey. Its like the Heatran of Gen. 5!

#594 Mamanbou

165 HP stat say what? With Hydration as well, this thing can take a nap in the rain and wake up the very next turn. 80/45 are horrific defensive stats, but you don't need to take many hits when you can restore all your health at once...

AND NOW THE KING OF THEM ALL

#589 Shubarugo

135 Attack. 70/105/105 defenses. Bug/Steel typing. Ladies and gentleman, this thing will go on rampages. It won't perform much like Scizor, but if this thing launches off an X-Scissor it will HURT. And trying to take it down without Fire will be extremely tricky. 20 Speed also lets it have fun in Trick Room. Something tells me that move may be a bit more popular this Generation.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 16, 2010 at 04:56:17 PM.
Old September 16, 2010, 05:38:48 PM
Rayquaza

Well what about these?

#500 Enbuoo he is just TOO slow he's easily getting outclassed by Infernape with its low deffenses.
WHEN WILL THIS TREND END!?

#530 Doryuuzu - It's a great pokemon with a good type coverage and great attack and modertly good speed.

#573 Chirachiino : If it gets a good moveset with technician I think it might replace Ambipom.

#635 Savando: It's a special attacker and pysdo, if it ends up with a move set like dragonite it could eventually turn uber.

Old September 17, 2010, 03:07:41 AM
Rayquaza

Spoiler Alert:    

This thing is going to either UU or NU.

UU most probably. It can be dangerous in Trick Room though.

I just have some hope for this thing to survive in OU.

OU for sure. Its defenses are good. Its speed is also good, and it has 100 base attack. With its ability, it can be really monstrous in Sandstorm teams.

The three monkeys seem to have good speed and attack. I still can't decide yet.

A BL most probably, if not UU.

Its ability and stats will make it a good OU Pokémon.

UU/NU, but dangerous in Trick Room.

OU, and will be used in every Sand Storm team.

I am not really sure if this is our new Machamp.

With its ability, it is going to be one of the very best revenge killers in OU.

Again, OU.

It has got a chance I believe.

Our new Dusknoir.

OU, if not Uber.

This thing is a must when it comes to Trick Room. Outside it, it is NU.

It has very good defenses, but but typing. I don't know.

It is definitely OU.

OU I believe, especially with a Choice Scarf to boost its speed a bit.

I just hope this doesn't become an Uber.

This one should be a BL.

Both of them are BL.

It is going to be OU.

It is very good in both Special Defense and Special Attack. Possibly an OU, but it is incredibly weak to rock.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; September 17, 2010 at 03:15:41 AM.
Old September 17, 2010, 09:51:28 AM
Giratina

I agree with most of the stuff which you guys posted. In spite of that, I'm going to repeat some Pokémon to elaborate on them furthermore:

Most probably OU (unless its movepool hinders it). Defenses are acceptable (75/63/63), Attack is pretty decent (100), and Speed is amazing (116). Add Motor Drive to that, and you get a REALLY fast, physical sweeper.

Talk about Snorlax or Rhyperior being slow! This thing has less HP, Attack and Speed, but has better Special Defense than the latter. I think that under Trick Room, it will be a beast. But outside it, I highly doubt it will be placed in a tier other than NU or even UU if it's lucky.

One of my favourites. Favourable typing, awesome abilities and generally good stats (especially that attack) makes it an ideal choice for an OU Sandstorm team.

This thing looks a bit ugly, but it has got Swift Swim. Stat-wise, it is essentially a weaker Kingdra. Plus, its typing is not exactly favourable; while it provides a valuable immunity to Electric attacks, Grass Knot is pretty common in the metagame. I'm not sure what its tier will be; it seems a bit weak for OU, but also a little strong for UU (or is it not?).

75/75/75 defenses aren't so bad, and 125 Attack + 85 Speed is certainly not something minor. Since Psychic is not a good type offensively, and since Flying is not very prominent, I think it fits well in the OU tier.

(That's it for now. I'll be posting more analysis later on, though.)

Oh, and by the way, so far we don't know if Stealth Rock is still in the 5th generation. Apparently, it got replaced by a new TM called Bug Resistance, and since we only have an incomplete, preliminary list of TMs now, there's a possibility that it got re-numbered. We still don't know if some Pokémon are able to learn it by leveling up, etc, and we're unaware if we can transfer Pokémon who know Stealth Rock from a 4th generation game. So for now, Stealth Rock's future remains a mystery. What do you think of that? How will the metagame change if Stealth Rock was removed?

To be honest, I think that Ice, Fire and Flying Pokémon are pretty broken to Stealth Rock. It's a powerful entry hazard and all, but I wish there was more limitations to it (like weakening its effect a bit). I know that if it goes, those annoying Sashes will become twice as much popular, but the major changes which SR did to many Pokémon seem a little too far for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post

It overpowers Machamp in all stats except for Special Defense (-20 points) and Speed (-10 points).

I think it only has one weakness to Flying, which is not a prominent type in OU anyways. So the possibility is pretty good.

It is very good in both Special Defense and Special Attack. Possibly an OU, but it is incredibly weak to rock.

Read what I wrote about Stealth Rock above.

Last edited by Shadow; September 17, 2010 at 01:46:36 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 12:00:01 PM
Kyurem

Spirit, could you maybe say why you think some Pokemon will be where they are? I disagree with you on some points and you don't say a whole lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Spoiler Alert:    

This thing is going to either UU or NU.

UU most probably. It can be dangerous in Trick Room though.

I just have some hope for this thing to survive in OU.

I see this thing more as BL or even UU. It is good at most things, but it doesn't really excel at much. Its just kinda outclassed by other Water-types like Gyarados for physical attacking, Empoleon for Special attacker and wall, Swampert for physical walling, and Vaporeon for giant sponge.

OU for sure. Its defenses are good. Its speed is also good, and it has 100 base attack. With its ability, it can be really monstrous in Sandstorm teams.

The three monkeys seem to have good speed and attack. I still can't decide yet.

A BL most probably, if not UU.

Its ability and stats will make it a good OU Pokémon.

Its kinda like Electivire, only with lower stats everywhere except for speed, and presumably it will have a smaller movepool (I don't see this thing with Earthquake, Cross Chop, Flamethrower, or Ice Punch.) Plus, Electivire isn't even that great in the first place. I see this fellow in UU.

UU/NU, but dangerous in Trick Room.

OU, and will be used in every Sand Storm team.

With its ability, it is going to be one of the very best revenge killers in OU.

Again, OU.

I also believe it! 115 Sp.Def and the chance of getting Bulk Up? Not bad at all. 90 Attack is doable after some Bulk Up boosts.

Our new Dusknoir.

OU, if not Uber.

Uber may be a bit much for a Pokemon with terrible defenses and bad typing that prevents it from coming in on much anything (no one uses Psychic or Zen Headbutt very often.) It could be OU, but the fact that it can't take a hit at all is troubling.

This thing is a must when it comes to Trick Room. Outside it, it is NU.

It has very good defenses, but but typing. I don't know.

It is definitely OU.

OU I believe, especially with a Choice Scarf to boost its speed a bit.

I just hope this doesn't become an Uber.

This one should be a BL.

Both of them are BL.

It is going to be OU.

Probably not going to crack OU. Bug/Fire means many Dragons come in on you, and Stealth Rock is a pain. Kinda like with Moltres in UU...
And to Shadow, I never really considered Stealth Rock going out of business. They've never gotten rid of a move before... and moves that have been edited have been edited only slightly, like accuracy, base power, or a few effects.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 17, 2010 at 12:09:22 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 01:52:01 PM
Keldeo

Wowowow.
Zoroark is far from uber.

His stats are just like lucarios, only slightly quicker with better offensive abilities. His typing is also kinda crappy. I see him being used as an anti-lead though because of his ability.

Speaking of lucario, in the new generation he gets the ability earthquake spiral and justice heart.

No clue what justice heart does but earthquake spiral gives you an attack boost for each pokemon you KO. This along with his steel typing to resist sandstorm and stealth rock insures him a spot in OU again next gen~! <3

Also....
Hihidaruma has a second form. O_O The sprite hasn't been revealed for it, but its fire/psychic type with the ability "Daruma mode." It gets slower with 55 speed, but over 100 in each of its base stats. Also instead of 140 base attack it now has 140 base special attack.

Last edited by Sunny; September 17, 2010 at 01:52:40 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 03:05:54 PM
Keldeo

Double post derp
Link to the new abilities gained from dream world have been added to the first post.

With that said
BLAZIKEN GETS SPEED BOOST
EEE~!
Infernape was just 1up'd

Last edited by Sunny; September 17, 2010 at 03:06:08 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 03:07:32 PM
Kyurem

New abilities~! Time to say thing!

Venusaur with Chlorophyll: I'm just going to say this now. Torrent, Blaze, and Overgrow suck for the most part. Now that that is out of the way I can talk about Venusaur. ^_^

Chlorophyll is... wow. Anyone who has played UU knows that Venusaur + Arcanine is a dynamic duo, and with the two together in the sun they can spread some hell. Maybe even get thrown into BL.

Clefable with Unaware: Dear god this is going to be hell. In one turn, Clefable's Calm Mind will get +2 Sp.Atk and +2 Sp.Def. Sure this is the only usable stat-raising move the pixie gets, but it makes it an instant tank that can rip teams apart (maybe).

Ninetales with Drought: Is it just me, or does Gen 5. circle around weather alot? Ninetales is the only Pokemon besides Groudon to summon the sun, meaning that it will be used a lot, I predict. It can't do much on its own, but getting unlimited sun is nice.

Golduck with Swift Swim: Golduck should make a decent UU Siwft Swimmer. 82 Attack and 95 Sp.Atk is really not terrible for UU Pokemon, and it has moves like Cross Chop, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Zen Headbutt, Surf, and Ice Beam to mix and match as needed.

Alakazam with Magic Guard: How did you not expect me to comment on this? Magic Guard is a great ability, and is exactly what the doctor called for Alakazam. Hell, Alakazam may even be able to run a Focus Sash outside of the lead position since it doesn't fear weather or entry hazard. I don't know how it will be used, but its a pretty nice ability to get.

Jynx with Dry Skin: Fairly minor, but its nice. Water immunities kick ass, and it makes switching in on Water-types a far easier task who will struggle to do damage with Ice Beam, a common move bulky waters run with their now useless Surf.

Vaporeon with Hydration: This will be fun on a Rain Team. It can rest in the rain and be brought to full HP, then wake up right then! Wish may still be better, though, to help the team.

Flareon with Guts: *grins from ear to ear* Looks like the worst Eeveelution ever got a new toy to play with. Its physical moves may be limited, mind you, but now they'll pack a bit more punch. NU may still be its fate, but its nice that Game Freak is actually trying.

Typhlosion with Flash Fire: Can you say UU? Picture Typhlosion coming in on a Fire Blast under Sunny Day, and launching off a full HP Eruption... this will be fun.

Politoed with Drizzle: The only Pokemon that can summon rain... looks like this thing may find some more usage.

Quagsire with Unaware: This thing can use Curse, Amnesia, and Recover you know... yeah, just throwing that out there...

Entei/Suicune/Raikou with Flash Fire/Water Absorb/Volt Absorb: This means more usage for all of them. Finally that weird Pressure fetish is gone...

Blaziken with Speed Boost: Infernape, you have some competition. Blaziken will now be as fast as you, so look out.

Armaldo with Swift Swim: Another cool Swift Swimmer to join Kabutops and Omastar. with access to Swords Dance, you had better look out.

Milotic with Cute Charm: Milotic just become MORE annoying! People will not like having to use physical moves against a Pokemon that could easily incapacitate you.

Staraptor with Reckless: Can you say OU? This thing can now fire off Double-Edges and Brave Birds without a care in the world.

Garchomp with Rough Skin: Aw great, Garchomp got even BETTER. This thing could easily stay placed in Ubers, but who knows?

AND NOW THE BEST OF THEM ALL

Gliscor with Poison Heal: Breloom was bad enough, and now he have a very physically bulky that is restoring tons of health every turn... I hope that Politoed and a Swift Swimmer will destroy this thing quickly...
Old September 17, 2010, 03:49:30 PM
Volcarona

Seaking just got... Lightningrod? This way, in case they select the wrong pokemon, it will still go to you.

And... the first pure flying type- Torunerosu is awesome. He has Amazing attacking stats, and really good speed, he could easily be a mix'd sweeper, or something.

Also I saw several pokemon with unburden, namely hitmonlee... Imagine it coming in, flinging either light ball, or substituting down, and then sweeping? It could be epic.

Sharpedo gets speed boost too... This could get interesting with the new speed boosters...

The other thing I'm scared about is weavile's not yet found out ability...
Old September 17, 2010, 04:15:11 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
Seaking just got... Lightningrod? This way, in case they select the wrong pokemon, it will still go to you.
Oh dear god I must have missed that. XD That's awful.

Its like how Delibird got Insomnia... which would be useful if its original ability wasn't Vital Spirit, which is the exact same thing.
Old September 17, 2010, 06:10:06 PM
Keldeo

Hey kazzy.
Unaware doesn't boost stats double, it ignores all stat changes completely. :< Simple is the one that boost em.

Other then that, AWWWW YEA POLITOED~! So glad hes useful now. I really do think those guys are cute. :> Oh also lickilcky got cloud 9 which stops all weather completely. With the new weather based teams that are sure to show up, i'll find alot more use for my licki other then countering and exploding~! <3

Quote:
The other thing I'm scared about is weavile's not yet found out ability...
Oh, I really hope its something useful. Although I was hoping for technician...Oh well. Anythings better then pressure. >_>

Quote:
There showing how useful it is when you AIM FOR THE HORN!

Last edited by Sunny; September 17, 2010 at 06:10:48 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 06:10:24 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Hey kazzy.
Unaware doesn't boost stats double, it ignores all stat changes completely. :< Simple is the one that boost em.
Old September 17, 2010, 06:15:54 PM
Keldeo

Old September 17, 2010, 06:26:02 PM
Regigigas

I don't follow competitive play, but I'm glad you all think Hihidaruma's going to OU.

Tags
discussion, metagame, neverused, overused, pokemon, smogon, underused, pokémon bw