Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 2, 2010, 08:07:16 AM
Shaymin

Talking VGC (Video game championships) team

Ok this is my team I need help on building them up, they have to be EXTREMELY competitive. Tell me suggestions for natures, moves, items etc...

Smeargle:
Nature-????
Moves-

Charizard:
Nature-????
Moves-Fly, Blast burn, flamethrower,

Garchomp:
Nature-????
Moves-Earthquake, draco meteor, outrage

Gyrados:
Nature-????
Moves-Ice beam, Earthquake, surf

Yes, teams of four, not six, four.

Last edited by Luxray13579; January 12, 2010 at 05:44:47 PM.
Old January 2, 2010, 08:44:31 AM
Giratina

Are Uber Pokemon allowed in those championships?

Also, completely wipe away Blizzard from Lapras, Roar of Time from Dialga, and Fly from Charizard. During the first turn of the last 2 moves, the opponent has time to set up strategies against you, and this could be extremely dangerous to your team (Examples include Stealth Rock, Spikes, Dragon Dancing opponents, such as Gyarados/Salamence, etc.). Blizzard's accuracy is unreliable, and you already got Ice Beam Lapras, so putting two moves of the same type is utterly useless.

I will add my other comments on this team later, since it requires a lot of time to mention everything to improve about it. Sorry, but it has really many flaws.

Last edited by Shadow; January 2, 2010 at 08:49:10 AM.
Old January 2, 2010, 08:50:44 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxray13579 View Post
Ok this is my team I need help on building them up, they have to be EXTREMELY competitive. Tell me suggestions for natures, moves, items etc...

Smeargle:
Nature-????
Moves-Thunder, roar of time

Charizard:
Nature-????

Garchomp:
Nature-????
Moves-Earthquake, draco meteor

Lapras:
Nature-????
Moves-Ice beam, blizzard

Woah! You sure this is competitive? You just broke a rule that can cuase you a ban in many forums!
First of all, your Lead sucks. You can't just have an attacking Pokemon straight away. Use Smeargle in a way where you can induce status to your foe and some entry hazards. Also, never ever use Roar of Time, as it is harmful instead of useful. Remember that it misses sometimes and paralyze you for the next turn. I suggest to go to www.smogon.com and learn about leads instead of just creating a useless and weak one.
Then, I recommend you to change Charizard. Although it is quite good in attacking, it can be knocked out very easily. Remember that half of its HP is gone if it switches out when Stealth Rock is in game, giving your foe a chance to knock out your Pokemon very easily. Also, don't use moves that take two turns, as it gives your foe a chance to switch to another Pokemon. Blast Burn is just as bad as Roar of Time for the same reason. Again, check smogon for a better set for Charizard.
The third Pokemon is rule breaker. Garchomp is an Uber and is forbidden in standard battles and tournament. You can get banned for this. Change this Pokemon.
The last one is a good Pokemon but with two ice moves. Keep Ice Beam for better accuracy and use Surf for another STAB. Rest and Sleep Talk are a good combination.

I hope I helped, and please, if you want your team to be competitive, then state the nature, EV and anything that helps the members to rate your team. Also, don't give us blank moves, but you can instead give us choces of what you think. Next time you don't create your thread in a good way, it will get closed. Sorry.
Old January 12, 2010, 01:57:01 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxray13579 View Post

Smeargle:
Nature-????
Moves-Thunder, roar of time

Charizard:
Nature-????

Garchomp:
Nature-????
Moves-Earthquake, draco meteor

Lapras:
Nature-????
Moves-Ice beam, blizzard

Ok, first of all (like said above) leads should not just be made for attacking, rather spreading status problems and entry hazards like spikes and stealth rock. Smeargle also doesn't have the Special Attack to use ANY kind of special move, so you might want to choose one with moves like Spore, Taunt, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, or Memento. A Focus Sash works well with Smeargle, because of his low defenses.

Charizard isn't necessarily a bad pokemon, but it loses half of its health every time it switches in an Stealth Rock is in play. Pokemon that take this kind of damage have to be able to really assert themselves, like Yanmega. A pokemon like Infernape or Heatran work if you like fire types, but if you want to keep Charizard I suggest giving it a Life Orb and teaching it mixed moves, like Fire Blast (charizard needs the extra power) Earthquake, Brick Break, Air Slash, or Focus Punch.

Unless your playing Ubers, Garchomp isn't allowed I suggest using a pokemon that can sweep well, like Scizor or Salamence, but Salamence is a bit iffy because of all the Stealth Rock Damage.

Lapras is also a good pokemon, but suffers from Stealth Rock damage. Lapras has a bunch of options, like a Curse Set (Curse, Waterfall, Ice Shard, Rest), and special set (Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Toxic) or even a Dragon-Dancer (Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Return, Zen Headbutt, Ice Shard, Substitue)

Sorry, but its hard to tell what your going for because of the lack of info about your team. Good luck in the championships though!!
Old January 12, 2010, 05:45:58 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
The third Pokemon is rule breaker. Garchomp is an Uber and is forbidden in standard battles and tournament. You can get banned for this. Change this Pokemon.
Actually this year they might allow some UBERS.
Old January 17, 2010, 02:25:50 AM
Volcarona

I love smeargle.

Smeargle (UNTRAINED) @ Focus Sash

-Trick Room
-Spore
-Lock on
-SHEAR COLD (snip snip)

It goes without saying, just use in order, and make sure you switch in a tank (Lapras) and not a sweeper after, so trick room doesn't backfire.

Or setup smeargle~
@focus sash
-Trick room
-Spore
-Defend order/agility/nasty plot/amnesia/iron defense/howl
-Baton Pass

Same as before, but switch quick, and ev in defense, just in case

The others are hopeless(Gyrados+Surf=FAIL), although adamant and modest natures should do the trick, but a defense increase in lapras may help as well.

Last edited by Serenade; January 17, 2010 at 02:26:39 AM.
Old January 17, 2010, 04:42:13 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade
Smeargle (UNTRAINED) @ Focus Sash

-Trick Room
-Spore
-Lock on
-SHEAR COLD (snip snip)
Have you ever heard with the OHKO clause?
Old January 17, 2010, 08:36:35 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post

Or setup smeargle~
@focus sash
-Trick room
-Spore
-Defend order/agility/nasty plot/amnesia/iron defense/howl
-Baton Pass

Same as before, but switch quick, and ev in defense, just in case
Seems logical, but not a lot of use in running agility on something that uses trick room, unless you really like going second. Plus swords dance can go over howl.
Old February 13, 2010, 04:50:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Have you ever heard with the OHKO clause?
Have you ever heard of any better way to use a smeargle, competitively WITHOUT ANY CLAUSES.

Most clauses should be done away with, OHKO is one of them.