Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Funny/Interesting Stuff

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 4, 2017, 12:40:37 PM
Mudkip

Talking Rage Quits

Have you ever played against a total stranger or with a friend at any game and they get so mad they leave? Well, I have.
For example:

When I was playing Pokemon show-down against someone, I took out their Mimikyu with an Arcanine and when they threw out Greninja I swapped my Arcanine for Tropius seeing how it was at half health and then they just leave. That's what most players do on that simulator.

Another Example:

I was on a public Terraria server and I put jungle dart shooters at the sides of spawn on a continuous fire rate. Whenever someone joined they would die most of the time if it was a pre-hardmode character.

Another time, my nephew and I were playing W2K 16 and we about had a 30 minute match. I was John Cena and he was Roman Reigns. We played until we had just a small red line to stop on whenever we got pinned. It was a more of a match of who would mess up first. When I won, he flipped his lid. I don't really like wrestling, but I still wanted to beat him at one of his favorite games.

I've also had ragequits on 8 Ball Pool.

Last edited by KrazyKiwi707; August 4, 2017 at 12:47:59 PM.
Old August 4, 2017, 03:42:11 PM
Keldeo

If I had a dollar every time someone mysteriously "disconnected" while in the process of having their Uber teams throttled by my UU teams on Battle Spot, I'd have, uh, a lot of dollars. Pokémon's the only game I (used to) play multiplayer aside from Mario Kart, though, and it's hard to effectively rage quit Mario Kart since usually the other drivers are focused on not falling off the level.

In singleplayer, I rage quit Dark Souls about once or twice a year so as a result I've had the game four about three years and am still stuck at the first boss. So I guess that counts.
Old August 4, 2017, 04:39:41 PM
Mudkip

The games that I've had a rage quit in this year are probably Smash Bros. and Xenoblade. Maybe a little pinch of Shovel Knight.

If you think Dark Souls is bad you should play Bloodborne. I got killed a thousand times in the first level and quit when I got to the forest with snake people.

Last edited by KrazyKiwi707; August 4, 2017 at 04:40:16 PM.
Old August 4, 2017, 04:58:21 PM
Keldeo

I don't own a device that can play Bloodborne, but I've heard it described as something like "a game not to play if you are susceptible to damaging your controllers." I think that's more than enough information for me.
Old August 4, 2017, 07:43:10 PM
Mudkip

Yeah I never throw controllers, but I've seen it happen a lot with my friends and family. One of my younger cousins will even try to hit you if you kill him in Minecraft, Smash, and pretty much everything competitive.

Bloodborne becomes a little easier when you read about the enemies and have the right items, buffs, and sometimes armor. But, if you don't know anything about what comes next.. "you're gonna have a bad time," most likely. I even killed a boss when it froze due to a glitch when I spawned under it.

Last edited by KrazyKiwi707; August 4, 2017 at 07:57:30 PM.
Old August 4, 2017, 10:11:37 PM
Administrator

Of course I've seen rage quits in video games. It's usually when the other player is so far ahead that no hope is possible. In some games, gracefully resigning is considered in good form rather than sitting around when the winner is quite obvious and a comeback victory is impossible.