Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 5, 2010, 07:34:22 AM
Rayquaza

Default Ash in Gen 5

Do you guys think that Ash should be in the next anime?

Personally I think he should be given the boot because there's just so much character delopment Ash can get I also think they should get rid of Brock since I think he never does anything.
Old June 5, 2010, 08:40:30 AM
Regigigas

I agree with your opinion but they won't remove Ash neither Brock.
Old June 5, 2010, 09:13:49 AM
Giratina

Ash's popularity is dying, it has to be said. I think they should end the series with Ash beating the Sinnoh League, and then have a whole new set of characters for the next series. Sorta like what they did with Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh GX, but better.
Old June 5, 2010, 12:47:21 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Ash's popularity is dying, it has to be said. I think they should end the series with Ash beating the Sinnoh League, and then have a whole new set of characters for the next series. Sorta like what they did with Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh GX, but better.
I agree, They do need a set of new characters.
Old June 5, 2010, 01:00:43 PM
Zoroark

If you look at the next seasons title, I think Ningamer's idea is what is going to happen. The new series is called Sinnoh Victors implying that they win. Due to the fact that the Pokemon 5th generation is supposed to revitalize Pokemon. My guess is that they are going to do away with a lot of old. They may also do some very new things, such as the new Player characters who are supposed to be "much older."

Only time will tell for sure though.
Old June 5, 2010, 09:37:56 PM
Celebi

Hopefully they'll let Ash get married, grow old and send his own kid out into the world. I'm really tired of Ash. He's not that smart, IMO. I'm amazed he even wins any battles.

I wonder if Jessie and James will bite the dust too. I know they're comic relief, but they're really annoying when you've seen the same thing a million times.
Old June 5, 2010, 11:35:48 PM
Regigigas

Personally, I wish they had swapped out protagonist from the beginning. That's what they do in the manga and it works very well. It also allows a bit of closure, rather than the characters getting nowhere because they to be available for the next series.
Old June 5, 2010, 11:38:30 PM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Personally, I wish they had swapped out protagonist from the beginning. That's what they do in the manga and it works very well. It also allows a bit of closure, rather than the characters getting nowhere because they to be available for the next series.
I second this personal preferrance. -nod- It'll be nice to see more than just Ash.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:42:14 AM
Charizard

Looks like I'll have to be the one to stick up for Ash - I never want to see him go...
Old June 6, 2010, 07:21:05 AM
Haxorus

Ash represents us when we first played pokemon. Granted back in seasons 1-5, it doeasn't work anymore.
Old June 6, 2010, 07:23:58 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfInnocence View Post
Looks like I'll have to be the one to stick up for Ash - I never want to see him go...

WHAT THE FU- BOOOOOOOMMMMM

Pokemon Adventures, though not official is recognized as the "pokemon manga" they keep switching protagonists and it works just fine. On that note, I think Ash should´ve left after the johto region. ´cause once it got to the Hoen region, the anime just went to hell.

ALSO, I think Brock stalks Ash... cause after EVERY Region change they say goodbye, Ash goes away..... HEY LOOK! THERE´S BROCK AGAIN!!!..
Old June 6, 2010, 07:29:53 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamPunk View Post

WHAT THE FU- BOOOOOOOMMMMM

Pokemon Adventures, though not official is recognized as the "pokemon manga" they keep switching protagonists and it works just fine. On that note, I think Ash should´ve left after the johto region. ´cause once it got to the Hoen region, the anime just went to hell.

ALSO, I think Brock stalks Ash... cause after EVERY Region change they say goodbye, Ash goes away..... HEY LOOK! THERE´S BROCK AGAIN!!!..
The whole show is based on bonding with Pokemon and the friendship between ASH AND PIKACHU!!!
So that would be too stupid to make Ash leave.And Brock is Ash's mentor,don't you see it?
I don't want Ash or Brock to leave.
Old June 6, 2010, 07:39:44 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamPunk View Post
LMAO, yeah thats a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingTyranitar View Post
The whole show is based on bonding with Pokemon and the friendship between ASH AND PIKACHU!!!
So that would be too stupid to make Ash leave.And Brock is Ash's mentor,don't you see it?
I don't want Ash or Brock to leave.
Like I sad before, if they (Nintendo/Gamefreak) are going to change the franchise and renew it, then they are going to have to do away with Ash or people will still see it as the same old anime. Personally I love hate Ash, I love to hate him, Its not that I don't like him at all, but the guy hasn't aged in 15 (?) years now. o.0 Not only that, but he will make the same mistake time and time again. Also while on the issue of anime, when are they going to make Pokemon like Piplup affected by gravity (see first battle of Acruces and the Jew of life.)
Old June 6, 2010, 07:45:24 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
LMAO, yeah thats a good point.

Like I sad before, if they (Nintendo/Gamefreak) are going to change the franchise and renew it, then they are going to have to do away with Ash or people will still see it as the same old anime. Personally I love hate Ash, I love to hate him, Its not that I don't like him at all, but the guy hasn't aged in 15 (?) years now. o.0 Not only that, but he will make the same mistake time and time again. Also while on the issue of anime, when are they going to make Pokemon like Piplup affected by gravity (see first battle of Acruces and the Jew of life.)
I used to hate him too,but then I realized that they won't remove Ash.So I stopped wasting my life hating him and got used to it.Want proof that they are not removing Ash? Go and search Serebii Forums,you will get enough proof of Ash not leaving.
Old June 6, 2010, 08:10:41 AM
Celebi

Serebii isn't always right. I tried to tell them they had an error on their site, but they ignored me. I don't care if Ash stays or leaves or blows up in fire, whatever happens will be watched regardless. It would be nice to see Ash grow up a little more into a man. It would be nice for him not to catch the starter Pokemon and the common Flying type at the beginning and some special Dragon-type near the end, but that's the grave the Pokemon anime decided to dig.
Old June 6, 2010, 09:42:05 AM
Regigigas

Normally speculations on Serebii are right.You can't deny the fact that Serebii has always been right about new games and such.Anyways,let's see what Nintendo has in their minds.
Old June 6, 2010, 09:45:44 AM
Rayquaza

No, just no tyranitar.

They've usually been just as wrong as some of the other sites.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 6, 2010 at 09:47:08 AM.
Old June 6, 2010, 01:59:17 PM
Celebi

Agreed. Serebii appears to be right, since they have staff right in Japan... or either very bad translators. You need to remember that Serebii is a fan-site and get their information from official sites.
Old June 6, 2010, 02:36:37 PM
Regigigas

I think Ash should complete the Sinnoh league and have a kid. That kid will go into 5th gen, and well, yeah. And sometime he'll battle his father or something kind of like the protagonist in Hoenn. (btw stop hating on 3rd gen)
Old June 6, 2010, 02:41:24 PM
Celebi

I don't think people hate on the 3rd gen. It was just a let down, compared to the 2nd gen (mostly games). Plus May was a little annoying. We miss Misty. She should marry Ash, get a new bike, and live happily ever after. ^_^
Old June 6, 2010, 10:53:06 PM
Servine

They will never get rid of Ash or, apparently, Brock. I find it annoying that they don't use new characters, but it seems like it's been a firm decision--if four generations wasn't long enough for you guys--on their part that the anime is to be targeted toward a younger audience.

I would love for the anime to be something watchable, but I don't think they will for the simple reason that us wanting a more mature Pokemon anime are in the minority compared to their target audience.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:05:46 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
They will never get rid of Ash or, apparently, Brock. I find it annoying that they don't use new characters, but it seems like it's been a firm decision--if four generations wasn't long enough for you guys--on their part that the anime is to be targeted toward a younger audience.

I would love for the anime to be something watchable, but I don't think they will for the simple reason that us wanting a more mature Pokemon anime are in the minority compared to their target audience.

this seems to be a continuing argument and that Pokemon is always geared toward a younger audience, and while I don't totally agree, if that is indeed the intent I can certainly now see why. For every new generation, there comes a new younger generation of fans, and the more I see of what's happned to the aging fanbase, the more I realize that it's the younger fans that are going to keep refreshing the interest in Pokemon. They are without the judgement, the expectations, and the cynicism that seem to have a hold on so many older fans.

My neice is seven years old and has just started playing Pokemon (Platinum) - her enthusiasm is so genuine - there are no comparisons, no disappointement in the 4th generation because of it, very much like the earliest fans of the Kanto era. Just pure enjoyment, and that's what Pokemon should be all about.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:09:24 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
No, just no tyranitar.

They've usually been just as wrong as some of the other sites.
There is a God damn video on YouTube of the interview with Nintendo,saying they won't replace Ash!
Old June 7, 2010, 05:11:03 AM
Charizard

Quote:
There is a God damn video on YouTube of the interview with Nintendo,saying they won't replace Ash!
thanks, Tyranitar - that's the best news I've heard all day!
Old June 7, 2010, 08:29:53 AM
Celebi

Quote:
You're trying to defend a fictional character, dude... Get a life. And if you're going to YouTube for breaking news, that's just sad. What's wrong with someone not liking Ash and wanting him gone? If I remember correctly, when all the fake Gold and Silver remakes were rumored to be out, people said there will never be a remake. Well, look at HeartGold and SoulSilver. Don't take words as the truth. What's stopping Nintendo from changing their minds?
Old June 7, 2010, 08:42:11 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
You're trying to defend a fictional character, dude... Get a life. And if you're going to YouTube for breaking news, that's just sad. What's wrong with someone not liking Ash and wanting him gone? If I remember correctly, when all the fake Gold and Silver remakes were rumored to be out, people said there will never be a remake. Well, look at HeartGold and SoulSilver. Don't take words as the truth. What's stopping Nintendo from changing their minds?
I am not trying to defend Ash,I am just telling what I saw.
And I never go to YouTube for breaking news and such.I happen to have a channel where I upload my playthroughs.I subscribe to people who upload Pokemon news and stuffs.Is it a wrong thing to do? I bet many people here,on this forum,have at least once in their lifetime have watched Pokemon news.
I think this thread should be closed,we don't like flame wars.Jeez...
Old June 7, 2010, 08:46:57 AM
Celebi

Who's flaming? I'm just saying not to live by something you hear.
Old June 7, 2010, 08:52:16 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Who's flaming? I'm just saying not to live by something you hear.
We both are.Anyways,let's just not talk about it again.We will see what happens when the saga starts.
Old June 7, 2010, 09:35:23 AM
Haxorus

Now now, its just all about Money.
They get medium or more Money? They keep ash.
They start losing Money? They throw off ash and do something new.
They want more Money? They make a Spin-off.

Thats it really, I highly doubt Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James or Meowth will leave.
A new character will be introduced for the whole "Ishuu" Region.
And Dawn or Brock will get switched by a New or Old Character. (I think Brock will stay in Sinnoh for a random plot reason and Dawn will follow ash, I don't know.. its just want I think.)

Remember, Money is a Companies destiny.

Last edited by Dilster3000; June 7, 2010 at 09:36:47 AM.
Old June 7, 2010, 11:00:22 AM
Rayquaza

I now regret making this thread.
Old June 12, 2010, 02:33:00 PM
Zoroark

Anime Rumor: Brock and Dawn are getting dumped for a new heroine that isn't from BW games and Ash is staying. Ash will stay due to the fact that he is the Anime's mascot just how Pikachu is the series mascot.

@ Jason: If there isn't something wrong with wanting Ash gone, what is so wrong with defending him to stay!? When GS remake rumors came to be, most fans supported it to be true, rarely was there a fan who said it wasn't going to happen.