Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 8, 2011, 08:15:21 PM
Volcarona

Default How do you like to study?

I like to study by doodling stupid pictures relevant to the material I have to study. For example, I had to study fire safety devices in a Science classroom.

I drew one guy hitting another guy in the back of the head with a fire extinguisher. The other guy was rolled into a fire blanket like a taco. The guy in the fire taco knocked into another guy and the other guy accidentally stepped in a bucket of sand and released a gas shut off on a desk nearby. Gas started spraying from the sink. Meanwhile some ******-bag was smoking and the fire detector went off. One guy heard the fire detector and tried to pull the fire alarm. He slipped on a banana peel and went down like London bridge.

Oh, yes. There was also a fire exit sign that leaded to a wall full of death spikes. It's gone now, though. Chubb from Riddle School ate it.

Is there any specific way you like to study?
Old October 8, 2011, 09:30:17 PM
Giratina

I always take a shower before I do my homework (around 9 P.M.) and then listen to music while I'm studying. Nothing special.
Old October 8, 2011, 10:16:39 PM
Kyurem

I start up the iPod or the radio and then just review the key points of the chapter or lesson.
I usually try to come up with questions that might be on the test.
Old October 9, 2011, 12:59:52 AM
Servine

I like to study in groups. Finding people who are willing to is kinda tough though.
Old October 9, 2011, 03:57:00 AM
Landorus

I just study what my mistakes are. That way, I'll do better at them in the future.
Old October 9, 2011, 05:24:28 AM
Shaymin

I usually have someone test me. I will write down the important things then I getsomeone to ask me questions like, " In 1957 who did such and such?" It is my favorite way of studying. But for homework I have my iPod on the Pandora app for music.
Old October 9, 2011, 05:51:17 AM
Rayquaza

If it is an exam, I use the old, difficult technique; sitting for continuous hours and studying the hell out of the book. It is tiresome, and probably unhealthy, but effective to an extent.
Old October 9, 2011, 08:18:25 AM
Volcarona

I just open up Youtube on my computer and listen to music while I'm studying or doing homework. There's a few times I get distracted by that because I sometimes do something else on my computer, or I just plain get distracted by the music I'm listening to and just zone out, but that usually doesn't last long.
Old October 9, 2011, 08:47:10 AM
Volcarona

I don't.
I study by doing. Sitting there and reading from a book or notes I took... it doesn't work. I've tried that. I just try to get it right the first time by relating the subject matter to something I already know.

Of course, I'm a bit of a quirk.
Old October 9, 2011, 10:51:00 AM
Charizard

I never ever ever ever ever study. Ever. I can remember everything I learn in class, I'm on the honour roll to prove it, so yeah.
Old October 9, 2011, 04:25:42 PM
Volcarona

God you're lucky! D:
Old October 13, 2011, 07:49:52 AM
Giratina

I usually pay attention in class, so I don't find it difficult to recall the key points of each lesson off the top of my head. However, when I return back home, I revise the lesson by reading it and, whenever possible, I relate it to something I already know or have seen. I rarely ever open music while studying since I find it distracting, and I don't like taking notes other than the ones in class.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:56:15 AM
Kyurem

I just try my best.

When it comes to revisions, I don't redo the whole thing. I don't read the whole thing. I skim, skip and just take what's really needed when it comes to studying. Saves time, effort, and also allows me to focus on whatever that needs more attention than usual. Also allows me to take some time off for other things.
Old October 16, 2011, 02:58:51 AM
Cyndaquil

First I write out notes for all the chapters and all.

Then I type out important points I need to remember. Again and again and again. Until I memorise it. xD

Usually I go over my notes two times or something before the exam.
Old October 30, 2011, 09:39:31 AM
Zoroark

I like to write outlines and highlight important stuff. Then I review it over-and-over again until I completely understand the subject at hand.

Last edited by Elaine; October 30, 2011 at 09:39:52 AM. Reason: Typo :X
Old October 30, 2011, 05:50:47 PM
Haxorus

i never study...EVER, and i do my homework before i take a shower and go to sleep.