Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 2, 2010, 04:06:21 PM
Giratina

Default My yearly rant

It's that time of year again. The great month of joy and giving. Or is it? Every year I see it coming sooner and sooner. Back in the old days, people had the decency to only put up their Christmas lights and dust off their jolly ole music albums the day after Thanksgiving. But many people have gotten into the trend of starting a week early. Hell, there are even Pre-Black Friday sales as if Black Friday isn't enough for them! It's rediculous, really, seeing Christmas come earlier every year. It really dulls down the feel of the season.

Another thing ruining it are the lunatics who make it their duty to get offended by every mentioning of the word "Christmas", god forbid it has "Merry" attached to it. Then these same people (If that term even applies to these savages) partake in the wonderful sales and exchanging of materialistic gifts that our capitalistic world has so thoughtfully prostituted to every sap on the market. Even Christmas Village has had to change its name due to these knuckle-dragging beasts. Have they no shame?

And that's not the worst of it. Despite Christmas turning into a forbidden curse word, the Jews can keep their Hanukka? I'm glad for them that they haven't been touched by this madness, and I in no way imply that they deserve to have their sacred holidays stripped from them. But isn't this supposed to be a country of religious freedom? Isn't there supposed to be freedom of expression? What the hell have they done to our right to be Christian?

That is all I have to say. Thank you for not TL;DR'ing.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; December 2, 2010 at 04:09:33 PM.
Old December 2, 2010, 04:08:48 PM
Landorus

I've made a political cartoon that somewhat connects to this...
Old December 3, 2010, 04:11:03 AM
Volcarona

Nowadays Christmas is not really celebrate in a spiritous way. People often forgot Christmas is not just a materialism holiday. And how is Hanukka is tolerated but not Christmas by some people? It puzzles me people get offended from it.
Old December 3, 2010, 10:43:33 AM
Giratina

Isn't Christianity the most prominent religion in the USA? I find it very ridiculous that some people take "Christmas" as a censored word where it is actually supposed to represent a spiritual celebration which brings families and relatives together. Although the majority of the people in my country are not Christian, I never heard anyone objecting at the festivities of people from other religions, no matter how bizarre they may seem. Seriously, you're supposed to respect all the other religions instead of considering their beliefs and practices offensive to you (that's, of course, if they clearly are not based on offense to other religions, which is not the case here).

Last edited by Shadow; December 3, 2010 at 10:44:39 AM.