Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old July 6, 2010, 03:26:38 AM
Haxorus

Default Greetings and uh.... Hello. o.o

My name is Thomas Belmont. I have been a trainer for twelve years, I own at least a single copy of each Trainer-oriented game, and I am not one to Gameshark my games.

Facts about me... Hrm...

Well, let's start with this. My team is currently, and will stand at [Until Black comes out...]:

-

Terrorgatr, a Feraligatr, male. The name is older than his generational bloodlines, as I've been using that name for every Totodile since I first began to play Silver. Basically, I just replaced the Ferali- bit with Terror. Sounds more menacing. >:3

He's a fourth-generation Terrorgatr, his bloodline having been started in LeafGreen, breeded and his egg traded to Sapphire, again to Pearl, and this time to SoulSilver. I didn't purpose breed him, for attacks, stats, or anything of that nature. I basically threw him into the pen with the most compatible Water-type available in each game, to avoid inbreeding. He's the longest-generational Pokemon I own, having been egged through four different games so far.

-

Kaanta, my lovely Gardevoir, a female. Her name comes from a slurry of languages from multiple games, namely Dwemeri, Dunmer, Al Bhed, and Reverse-Orc [D&D], but in rough translation, her name means "Beautiful Oracle". She's a third-generation Gardevoir, with her father having been a male Gallade, and her grandmother being a Gardevoir. The eggs from Terrorgatr's mapping remains, but instead, I caught her grandmother in my first run through Sapphire. Timewise, she's the oldest Pokemon in my team, as I refused to leave Route 102 until I found a Ralts, this being early on in the game.

-

Betty, my female Blaziken, named for my beautiful wife [She actually asked for it to be named after her; seeing it's fully evolved form in lots of fan art sparked the idea for her]. She's a third-gen Blaziken, her grandfather originating from my copy of Emerald on the second run. In relative terms, she's the newest member of my team, as before I used a Rapidash for my fire needs. I only just recently added her into my roster, literally when I began SoulSilver.

-

Hivemind, my pretty Vespiquen, female obviously. Her name originated from a character I used for a ton of RP sites, the character herself being a Tyrant-type B.O.W. who controls low-level B.O.W. like zombies and others like it through numerous skills and abilities. She's only a second-gen Vespiquen, her mother having been raised in my first run through Pearl. She's the only Pokemon I own who was purpose-bred, having tried twelve times for a female Combee. She and my Lucario are the youngest members of my crew, as both of them were only added in Pearl, whereas Betty was added during my first run of SoulSilver, but having generational ties to Emerald.

-

Lilith is my Lucario, female. She is named after the Goddess Lilith, a Pagan Goddess of female strength and perseverance. Perfect for a Fighter, no? She, like Hivemind, was added in Pearl. I was lucky to find a female behind the egg, as I truly wasn't sure if purpose-breeding a female Lucario would upset Lilith. Right now, she's my lowest-leveled Pokemon, standing at a mere 87 with half a bar to go. She's also, hatch-wise, the youngest Pokemon I have with me right now. I added her to my roster, replacing Pestilence, my female Toxicroak, right before I battled Whitney on my first run of SoulSilver.

-

And, at the bottom of the list, but certainly for good reason, is Isuitgon, a male Aggron. He's a third-gen, his grandmother had fought alongside Kaanta's grandmother and Terrorgator's grandfather. Honestly, I didn't use anyone else all through Sapphire. Just those three. They made an insane team. Unfortunately, I would drop Isuitgon to my secondary-team if Desukan ended up being a Ghost/Rock or Rock/Ghost in Black. As it stands, he's the only one on my crew I'd replace, and the only reason Isuitgon would be replaced is type. That's it.

-

Right now, all six of my crew know an attack either Psychic-, Ghost-, or Dark-type. Terrorgatr has Crunch, Kaanta has all four slots, Betty has Night Slash, Hivemind has Ominous Wind, Lilith has Dark Pulse, and Isu has Shadow Claw. In common, all six of them have a move which can seriously wound any Dark-, Ghost-, or Psychic-type, as in my younger years, I simply find issues getting over them.

For that reason, and personal reasons, I have named my crew The Six Witches.

-

My favorite game of all time always has been, and will continue to be, Silver and SoulSilver. The first one for it's originality, the fresh breath one took when beginning the game moving from RBY to GS, the customizable bedrooms, every small thing that made it a wonderful game... And the new Silver, for it's immense upgrades and wicked changes from DP to HG/SS, my ability to use all of my team member from previous incarnations, and... Well... Cause Johto is my favorite region. :3

On a related note, I'm hoping for a Pokemon game in the future that incorporates all existing regions, including Orre, and the ability to start in any of them.

I definitely call Ecruteak my Pokehome away from home. The music in the original Silver was my favorite of any city, it's close to Goldenrod without being in Goldenrod, the Park, and Lake Rage. Couple'a other reasons, but no need to name them.

Uh, what else...

Oh, I suppose considering all things, the Johto Pokedex was my favorite, the Pokegear was my favorite gadget, and Gold/Krystal were my favorite male and female trainers of any generation. More reasons Johto and Silver/SS are my favorites. I could go on for a while about Silver, but let's not. :D Let's talk about me for once, not my crew.

I'm a twenty-two year old pawnbroker in Colorado, happily married to a nerdy girl [WHO DOES NOT PLAY POKEMON AND IT INFURIATES ME], and I have a little PokeTrainer on the way. :3 My life is very unexciting, as I don't really do anything but run my IROC on highways and play games.

I'm looking to pick up a copy of Phantasy Star Zero, as I love the Phantasy Star Online series, and I'll play it alongside SS. I'm a talented RolePlayer, and run on a few forums and chat rooms under this name. I also run a crew on racing games known as [Pagan Racing].

Uh, what else..

I'll uh. Stop here. >.>; This may be the longest intro here...

So uh. :D

Later! n.n

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; July 15, 2010 at 06:59:09 PM.
Old July 6, 2010, 03:55:58 AM
Kyurem

Welcome to VR.

That's quite a long intro. I skipped the part explaining your team, if you don't mind.

And I saw you in the chat before I saw this, actually.

Some notes for the chat; If you want to abuse smilies, download it (by clicking on the link that says "Download the chat program for more features!") and go in the /b/uizel tab. If you "revive" the chat, conversation will probably start. As far as I know, the size tag isn't allowed in the chat.

Last edited by NismoZ; July 6, 2010 at 03:59:59 AM.
Old July 6, 2010, 04:13:21 AM
Haxorus

I'm not offended. You'll be hearing quite a lot about them in later posts. I'm very proud of my crew.

As for the chat, it is not an offered service I will be using often. I appreciate the assistance, though. If I were a new forum user, or new to the internet as it is, it would be valuable.
Old July 6, 2010, 07:03:09 AM
Kyurem

Welcome to VR. Have fun and be sure to read the rules! ^-^
Old July 6, 2010, 07:59:08 AM
Administrator

Hello and Welcome to Victory Road! That is quite an introduction, always nice to see more older and mature fans around these parts.
Old July 6, 2010, 08:22:21 AM
Volcarona

*Yoshi needs mature company* *Feels hurt* . Anyway, Welcome to the site! Your intro has to be the longest one i've seen so far.
Old July 6, 2010, 09:12:44 AM
Shaymin

Welcome to Victory Road!
Old July 6, 2010, 11:22:06 AM
Kyurem

welcome to VR :3
Old July 6, 2010, 11:47:18 AM

I read the whole intro, and I think it's cool that you think of Pokemon on more personal levels. I somewhat do the same. If I was a trainer I'd have all my favorite pokes in my team and be close partners with them.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you have a great time here.
Old July 6, 2010, 11:47:18 AM
Rayquaza

Thank you for the life story but it doesn't beet the last intro here.

Welcome to VR.

Last edited by Magmaster12; July 6, 2010 at 11:48:32 AM.
Old July 6, 2010, 01:06:37 PM
Regigigas

Welcome to VR.
Old July 6, 2010, 02:55:02 PM
Haxorus

Fanks everyone. n.n I like it here so far. No problems or inconsistencies to report, and I like the forum setup simplicity. I think I'll stay. :D

Yoshi - It's nice to be appreciated. :3 It's not often that the older Pokemon trainers are accepted so willingly. Something about Pokemon being for kids or whatnot. I find Pokemon excruciatingly violent, and honestly I don't believe it's geared towards younger audiences. Just look at Black and White. The male and female trainers don't look like they're ten/fourteen, and the Pokemon are slowly growing more... Epic looking. >:3

PokemonRemixStudio - Thank you. ^-^ I wasn't sure if this was the sort of forum proclaiming EV Boosts and perfected base stats as being superior to rightout favorite Pokemon, but I am optimistic. :3

Oddly enough, I do feel close to my crew members. I don't exploit them against other people, sacrifice them for gained stats for another party member, and I've never even considered trading them off to someone else. I've grown so attached to my crew, I don't even really catch Pokemon anymore. I mean, I'll go after Legendaries, pseudo-Legendaries, Ubers, and shinies, but I see no need in capturing living creatures and holding them captive in metal spheres if I have no reason. I think it would offend my friends anyway, being Pokemon too.

/./Sigh././ I do see a problem being here though... I fear I'm going to daydream about being a Trainer more often than I usually do... This could become problematic. ^.^;
Old July 6, 2010, 03:03:22 PM
Shaymin

*Finishes reading whole intro*
One question, how do you remember who's Poké-parents are who's?
Anyways, welcome to Victory Road!
Old July 6, 2010, 03:35:12 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
*Finishes reading whole intro*
One question, how do you remember who's Poké-parents are who's?
That's easy. :3 I mark each original parent with one symbol, their children with another symbol, so on and so forth.

Also, for the record, I don't use Ditto to make new Pokemans, even if that means tracking down a Pokemon of the same bodytype and element. >____>
Old July 6, 2010, 11:44:49 PM
Shaymin

I met you inchat this... morning, I guess. Welcome to the forums. I'm Lite the Iron Man. Here's a few things you might want to get down.

1. I'm awesome.
2. I watch Big Brother watch you. He seems frightened.
3. I'm sure you've got this down already, but, as a moderator and as a staple of my posts in the intro board I must remind you to check out the rules of the forum.
4. ...Nope. Still awesome.
5. Everything I say is a lie. (I enjoy watching people's brains figuratively explode)
Old July 6, 2010, 11:55:58 PM
Keldeo

I believe we've already been acquainted~!

1. Im more awesome then lite.

Yea that mah only statement~! :> If your into competitive battles im the normal type gym~! I really look forward to battling ya.

If ya feel like it that is. :>

Last edited by Sunny; July 6, 2010 at 11:56:21 PM.
Old July 7, 2010, 12:18:27 AM
Volcarona

Welcome! Do not listen to Sunny, he's just being a je--I MEAN, I'LL OBEY YOU! SUNNY!
But yeah, make sure you read the rules.
Old July 11, 2010, 08:21:53 PM
Giratina

Welcome to VR.