Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 4, 2009, 02:43:20 PM
Linoone

Default Just wondering...

What did emperorempoleon2 mean when they said I was "abusing my native language"? Does that mean I was spamming somewhere or making a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes?
Old November 4, 2009, 02:44:17 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Just wondering...

The second one (and he was just blowing off steam because he can't be a mod).

And don't worry, your not nearly as bad as some other people.
Old November 4, 2009, 03:36:28 PM
Linoone

Awwww I'm such a slow poster because I read my posts like 5 times before I post them though LOL but yeah it doesn't seem right to criticize someone for how they write because not everyone took the same English classes (or put the same amount of effort into them) or finds it necessary to correct their typos on here unless there's a ton of them or it's obvious that the typo will somehow interfere with the understanding of the point of the message (which is part of what rule #26 is trying to say). Plus out of all the posts I've made I've misspelled maybe... 2 or 3 things... and I don't believe my grammar is bad either it's just a little complex at times or has "Internet-speak"/emoticons mixed in it here and there. Most of you probably know the best way to find examples of abusing language is to browse around yahoo answers for awhile--you'll find something xD anyways thanks Yoshi I feel better now ^^

Btw I gave Chris a paper with a couple of the questions from the CS test on it if you and Cat want to ask him about it
Old November 6, 2009, 10:25:14 AM
Giratina

I'm a grammar nut on forums, it's just how I type. And I'm the only person on MSN that uses ANY sort of grammar.
Old November 6, 2009, 05:08:29 PM
Administrator

Cool it down. As much of a grammar nut I am (and how I can't even send a text message without proper grammar), I'm going to have to lock this topic. Flame wars are bad.

(Now that Yoshi deleted Empoleon's post, the context is lost, but still avoid flaming others.)