Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 12, 2011, 10:29:21 PM
Volcarona

Lightbulb A genuine conversation

WARNING: Do not read if you have no common sense.

There's a lesson to be learned here. That lesson is for you to decide. I know what it is for me.

(I have permission from Akiyama to post this conversation).

It's a long conversation.    
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:15:57am: Aki
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:16:09am: Can I show you something?
Akiyama @ 5:17:50am: Ok
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:18:10am: http://answers.yahoo.com/ques tion/index?qid=20111212210230A AN986S
Akiyama @ 5:19:01am: error with that one
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:19:23am: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2210230AAN986S
Akiyama @ 5:19:44am: ok...
Akiyama @ 5:21:05am: Yeah, I read it
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:21:28am: I honestly don't know what to do...
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:21:47am: Everything seems like they're carefully weaved into a sticky web.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:22:56am: I feel like my life is a cat's cradle
Akiyama @ 5:24:17am: I think it might be needed for you to get out of the house. You're going through so much there, it could be better just having a low wage job in a low income place. I don't like seeing you go through with your nasty father and household, you know.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:24:39am: it's not my dad this tim
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:24:41am: time
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:25:19am: I need someone, SOMEONE who can get me out of the house and back into a routine.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:25:19am: I need someone, SOMEONE who can get me out of the house and back into a routine.
Akiyama @ 5:25:20am: So your mind is having a hard time handling the situation?
Akiyama @ 5:25:28am: Hmm, someone
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:25:30am: @ Aki - you hit the nail on the head
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:25:52am: It's confusing because it's so intricate and hard to fix
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:26:20am: Think brain surgery is hard? Try getting past this problem >_>
Akiyama @ 5:27:04am: Ah, you need someone would could provide you with a job or housing
Akiyama @ 5:27:14am: *who could
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:27:28am: I need to get out of this depressing little village
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:27:41am: I need to make some friends. Because I've been a recluse for so long
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:27:41am: I need to make some friends. Because I've been a recluse for so long
Akiyama @ 5:28:22am: That's true, some friends who may know of friends in business. Keep in mind you would have to really work when employed
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:28:53am: I don't want to think about getting fired. u_u
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:29:26am: I feel like my mind is slowly going down a whirlpool
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:29:45am: I don't have the "qualifications" for employment either
Akiyama @ 5:29:52am: Oh, getting fired. That was how people learned skills. The only problem with it now is that it's harder to get jobs
Akiyama @ 5:30:05am: Hard to believe that, farmwork at the very least
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:30:24am: Aki, it's near impossible for me to get a job right now. No one in the entire town has an opening
Akiyama @ 5:30:36am: Now that's a problem
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:30:37am: like I said: It's a depressing little ghost town
Akiyama @ 5:30:36am: Now that's a problem
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:30:37am: like I said: It's a depressing little ghost town
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:31:13am: one by one, all the shops closed. Now there's only three that don't even have the bare essentials most of the time.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:31:35am: and the sad thing is, I don't even have $50
Akiyama @ 5:31:42am: Hm
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:32:08am: Nobody can expect me to buy a house and pay my bills with 50 friggin' dollars, now can they? >_>
Akiyama @ 5:33:03am: Then you're caught in the economic situation. No leader at this time is really going to improve these conditions.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:33:23am: Even my parents are on a money crunch right now. The bills are murder, especially the heating bill.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:34:06am: 300 pounds to fill up the oil tank? 8(
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:34:06am: 300 pounds to fill up the oil tank? 8(
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:34:18am: every month?
Akiyama @ 5:34:25am: Inflation is that bad there?
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:35:57am: Costs about 7 or 8 pounds per gallon of gas
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:35:57am: Costs about 7 or 8 pounds per gallon of gas
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:36:24am: based on my math
Akiyama @ 5:37:23am: Hm
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:38:24am: Tax, tax, and tax for the hell of it
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:38:40am: Why else was America formed?
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:39:17am: The elderly have to live off miniature budgets
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:39:31am: 30 pounds is a lot of money where I live
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:40:08am: America's inflation is so bad, a dollar buys a nickel's worth
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:40:24am: With the UK, it's runaway taxes
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:43:24am: Tax this, tax that, every month, prices go up
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:43:55am: We can't even afford to move to the US
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:44:35am: Apparently, my dad had to pay 900 pounds because some troublemaker "claimed" over a scratch on his car that dad didn't cause.
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:44:35am: Apparently, my dad had to pay 900 pounds because some troublemaker "claimed" over a scratch on his car that dad didn't cause.
Akiyama @ 5:46:56am: Ah
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:47:19am: corruption, greed, and stupidity wrecked my life
Akiyama @ 5:48:21am: Why move here, go to Australia, if you can
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:48:49am: I can't move, period
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:49:04am: $50 isn't going to buy a house and a plane ticket
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:49:04am: $50 isn't going to buy a house and a plane ticket
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:49:15am: We *don't* have the money
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:49:21am: it's all been taxed out of us
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:49:45am: there's riots in London over things like this
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:50:05am: and robbery
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:50:05am: and robbery
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:50:21am: and the elderly just blame it on the kids
Akiyama @ 5:53:39am: Ah
Akiyama @ 5:55:02am: It's awful to say, but things are not going to be fixed for some time
Armed Floatzel* @ 5:55:26am: I'm fully aware of that
Akiyama @ 5:59:36am: *hugs AF* I worry even for those well off on (closed)
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:01:00am: I personally do not like Hino because she seems to think its fun to dis people who do have it worse off than her.
Akiyama @ 6:01:23am: She's not open, that's for sure
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:01:29am: Let Them Eat Cake Syndrome
Akiyama @ 6:01:52am: Heh
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:02:56am: I'm fighting to keep what's left of my mind.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:03:33am: I wish my parents would stop pretending that nothing's wrong
Akiyama @ 6:04:58am: Yes. You'll need your stress to ease off, you can't expect them to know something's wrong, even if I know. But that stress, that'd stop any healing that could happen
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:07:13am: So what could I do about this?
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:07:20am: I don't even know myself
Akiyama @ 6:09:28am: Heh, one man I heard of when he went bankrupt on his hedge fund, with a whole family under it, had to surrender to the situation. He couldn't come up with two million dollars on the spot, so all he could do is give up and stop fussing over it. He writes a good blog nowadays.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:10:18am: So you're saying I should just give up?
Akiyama @ 6:12:12am: Well, that's a possible thing, when nothing else can be done. Of course, he built back up after it, self-published his book and has got more things to do since his terrible bankruptcy (I don't know why anyone would start a hedge fund anyway, so risky).
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:12:38am: I have no money.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:12:47am: Never had, and at this rate, never will
Akiyama @ 6:15:11am: He didn't have any way out of his trouble. Whether it applies to you is up to you. As for the money: You likely won't have it because of the taxes and inflation as you've said. Whatever crisis hits next, I only hope they get the government out of the way so the markets get things done. Unemployment shouldn't be this high at all, and there should have been a reduction in prices since the crash in 2008, but we have this inflation, and it hurts.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:16:26am: that was deliberate
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:16:58am: it's the ultimate act of greed, by a couple hundred super-powerful and rich individuals
Akiyama @ 6:17:24am: Oh yeah, they don't want to lose, so they have to make us lose for them to win
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:17:50am: and they're working with the government against the people of the US
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:17:59am: calling America a "battleground"
Akiyama @ 6:18:55am: I know, the mainstream didn't mention that bill at all. I most likely can't even talk with you like this after that bill is made into law... I could become a permanent prisoner.
Akiyama @ 6:20:17am: Well uh, I expect a banking panic early next year, you know.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:21:21am: what do you mean?
Akiyama @ 6:22:58am: The panic? Well, it's what I overheard since MF Global went down, other things like it might happen after the New Year
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:23:27am: What do you think will happen during the next year?
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:23:27am: What do you think will happen during the next year?
Akiyama @ 6:24:11am: Banks would go bankrupt. Money in the banks would be gone, at least until the FDIC money (if it's there) comes out.
Akiyama @ 6:24:21am: That's Great Depression style bank runs
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:25:45am: So what happens when there is no money?
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:25:45am: So what happens when there is no money?
Akiyama @ 6:27:06am: I'm actually proud that you listened this well to this. It's a good idea to be weary of what the government can do and what effects can happen. And when they don't have money, I think people would get very mad, riots around banks, and Congress disapproval going to 95% or more.
Akiyama @ 6:27:59am: I don't know what would happen to prices though
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:28:25am: We should think about going back to bartering sometime soon.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:28:31am: At least until this mess is over.
Akiyama @ 6:29:07am: That's what the Greeks have had to do, they found someway to live with 50% unemployment, I heard, underground work and service
Akiyama @ 6:29:33am: Toliet paper would be a good barter item.
Akiyama @ 6:29:52am: But we're thinking bartering services for now
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:30:15am: what about the internet and e-commerce?
Akiyama @ 6:31:24am: People have an interest in keeping the grid up. That would be one of the last things to go, but if it goes down, it'll take a year or more to fix and many sites could be gone for a long time
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:32:24am: Fortunately, I live in a rural area.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:32:38am: food is quite cheap where I live
Akiyama @ 6:33:30am: Best thing to do, just wipe the debt off of the nations. It'll hurt the lenders, but you guys wouldn't be paying the interest, and the government would have to be balanced. That's not likely, only Iceland did that, and it's not likely again.
Akiyama @ 6:34:07am: Lucky you man, I have to store food because $9 a galleon gas would start killing our budget
Akiyama @ 6:34:15am: food costs would go up fast
Akiyama @ 6:34:42am: See, you'll have the food, those in the cities, they'll riot for it
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:35:33am: One world, one evil, solution.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:35:37am: *one
Akiyama @ 6:37:15am: I got a worse one. America is pretty nationalized. Sure, that one world order is also bad, but if American leaders can go out on a whim and order war on Iran and then imprison all "terrorists" then what's so different?
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:37:55am: As of a few days ago, America is inches from a civil war
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:38:07am: All that's missing is a shot heard 'round the world.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:38:29am: NDAA is pushing it.
Akiyama @ 6:38:42am: It'll happen after the elections I think, the people have voting to turn to to get anger out
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:39:56am: I think it'll happen before the elections because the NWO knows that their time is up once Ron Paul gets elected, and with polls showing him at 70, 80, and 90% above the other candidates, what's stopping him?
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:40:12am: Sadly, all it takes is a gun to fire the shot heard 'round the world.
Akiyama @ 6:40:16am: I mean, I see all of the canidates, except Ron Paul, as willing to battle Iran, which would be a massive mistake. Americans would likely need to be drafted for it, and there were riots for those too
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:41:36am: There are state militia groups in America
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:41:36am: There are state militia groups in America
Akiyama @ 6:41:45am: It really is weird, I think the Fed has managed to suppress gold prices recently. They holding off something.
Akiyama @ 6:42:05am: Well, AF, the police all over here are loaded up thanks to the federal aid
Akiyama @ 6:42:32am: I don't think they would disobey them that much
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:42:40am: So what do you think the outcome will be?
Akiyama @ 6:44:38am: They're holding it off, it could crash after the New Year, or after Obama is voted in again. Prices could deflate massive amounts, but, since I've heard that the Fed does not want deflation, it would go to hyperinflation and then paper money is just paper. Or no deflation and it just hyperinflates
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:46:08am: Things are going to get pretty brutal during the election, considering how serious Ron Paul supporters are.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:46:17am: Even across the world
Akiyama @ 6:46:21am: And you also have the awful idea that to get out of a depression, you need a war. Now that one is just silly, but so are politicians
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:46:35am: and politicians run the show
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:46:35am: and politicians run the show
Akiyama @ 6:47:25am: With Ron in office, I imagine massive deflation as a worst case outcome (changing the fed chairman)... but hey, my money buys more.
Akiyama @ 6:48:01am: And in two years, it could be all over, a lot of pain for such a president to lead over though
Akiyama @ 6:48:16am: I mean, people expect the government to do something
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:48:29am: Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Fed
Akiyama @ 6:48:57am: Best that can be done is placing in a chairman that would just occupy the chair, and really do nothing
Akiyama @ 6:49:12am: I mean, best we've done is auditing it
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:49:52am: The election hasn't started yet, so I can't make any assumptions about that
Akiyama @ 6:50:34am: It's all about Iowa right now, he has the chance
Akiyama @ 6:52:43am: Impressive you know this, all the way in Europe and knowing of US affairs
Akiyama @ 6:52:57am: most of (closed) really doesn't make the connection
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:53:17am: most of (closed) only hears what the status quo tells them
Akiyama @ 6:53:37am: I mean that worries me, but I think I'll have to try harder before the Defense bill is made law
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:53:51am: it's like being taught how to manage your money by a counterfeiter.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:54:03am: Wait, that's actually the case >_>
Akiyama @ 6:54:35am: Yeah, and they can make gold and silver look bad by blowing up MF Global too (it dealt with such materials on a large scale)
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:54:37am: I'm powerless as far as money goes.
Akiyama @ 6:55:13am: Ah, I don't have the kind needed for real preparation, but I got land and seeds, that'd be the best I have
Akiyama @ 6:56:05am: Even a bucket of food, that's just ten days for three people.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:57:46am: I'd say we're pretty well off for food actually. I still worry about you and others though.
Akiyama @ 6:58:21am: It's uneasy preparing in the first place because the government seems to want to know who's got all the food and guns. They would take my food and give it away with force if they know I bought a lot of it.
Akiyama @ 6:58:51am: Well yes, Cat's in desert, and others are in suburbs
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:58:56am: remember, they're the villains in this story.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:58:56am: remember, they're the villains in this story.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:59:01am: not us
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:59:26am: These are the times that try mens' souls
Akiyama @ 6:59:37am: Yeah, and the Patriot Act is watching
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:59:56am: They're only watching because they don't have the balls to take us by force yet.
Armed Floatzel* @ 6:59:56am: They're only watching because they don't have the balls to take us by force yet.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:00:21am: They know we can't be taken by force, so they have to try and starve us, financially as well.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:00:21am: They know we can't be taken by force, so they have to try and starve us, financially as well.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:01:34am: When you break it down, who are these people that dictate our lives?
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:01:45am: A bunch of old men with very limited combat ability
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:02:02am: We outnumber and outclass them
Akiyama @ 7:02:43am: Well, there are all sorts of laws that get in the way too. I can't log within 45 meters of a creek on my lands. No one would log it. Hey, they got flat, dry lands, why should they bother with all the lines? Well, AF, they make regulations, but property laws and respect of is so unthinkable now
Akiyama @ 7:03:17am: I was told just this week that we don't own the ground below us, that's the state's rights
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:04:01am: In times of civil unrest, do you honestly care that they make all these rules if you know they're the villains?
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:04:01am: In times of civil unrest, do you honestly care that they make all these rules if you know they're the villains?
Akiyama @ 7:04:02am: So no one can drill for oil unless they approve, and what a bother it is seeing that big pipeline from Canada blocked.
Akiyama @ 7:04:31am: They do the laws to keep their friends in business and lawyers busy
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:04:49am: Right
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:05:02am: The dollar has no actual buying power. It's the illusion of a currency.
Akiyama @ 7:05:08am: Property rights? Bah, there's a permit for everything
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:05:41am: Once the curtain is pulled on the dollar and it becomes worthless, the Fed will have no buying power either.
Akiyama @ 7:05:43am: It's just a risky investment, the dollar. Over time, it goes down in value, no rising over time.
Akiyama @ 7:05:53am: Not many understand that
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:06:24am: When times get tough and we can't use money to get anything anymore, we still have bartering.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:06:34am: We can use bartering to beat the Fed at their own game
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:06:34am: We can use bartering to beat the Fed at their own game
Akiyama @ 7:06:46am: Well sure, nothing else works then
Akiyama @ 7:07:02am: They won't like seeing gold and silver return as money though
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:07:36am: The Fed will be too busy trying to sort out all their worthless cash to be able to deal with bartering.
Akiyama @ 7:07:46am: I mean, an ounce of silver might buy a week of food when things go bad.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:08:18am: When you think about silver, I think you can agree that there are many more uses for silver than just coinage.
Akiyama @ 7:08:47am: Well, at least until someone new comes in. They might impose a foreign exchange standard, I mean, that might work since anything but the dollar would be trustworthy then.
Akiyama @ 7:08:57am: Silver can kill germs well, too
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:08:59am: Bartering shouldn't be ruled out of any free and open society.
Akiyama @ 7:09:54am: It happens in garage sales a lot
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:10:17am: if I could choose between silver and food, I'd choose food.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:10:17am: if I could choose between silver and food, I'd choose food.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:10:24am: Since you can't feed your face with silver.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:10:37am: The love of money is the root of all evil
Akiyama @ 7:10:42am: I know, I bought a bucket of food recently
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:11:16am: Get rid of "money" and what's left?
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:11:28am: The things money can buy.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:11:45am: It has a knock-on effect.
Akiyama @ 7:11:52am: Well, confusion for a while, people will like the idea of money, it's easy to use instead of baterring
Akiyama @ 7:12:12am: That's why silver and gold comes in hand
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:12:26am: As a temporary replacement for the dollar.
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:12:41am: Did you know that you can create diamonds out of thin air?
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:12:41am: Did you know that you can create diamonds out of thin air?
Akiyama @ 7:13:04am: Not as easy as paper, big machines they are
Akiyama @ 7:13:22am: And the dollar, it'll die, might make a new money though
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:14:05am: Let it die. We never needed it. Let's move towards bartering, since the dollar is an interference to trade
Akiyama @ 7:14:30am: Yes, that's the free market there
Akiyama @ 7:15:09am: Anyway, I better go, I'm glad I talked with you
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:15:21am: Ok. Bye :3
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:15:43am: thanks for the conversation
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:15:52am: oh btw
Akiyama @ 7:15:55am: *hugs* :3 goodnight~ And perhaps you can warn other too.
Akiyama @ 7:15:58am: Ah?
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:16:08am: You don't mind if I post this on VR for education purposes do you?
Akiyama @ 7:17:01am: Oh sure, you can post it. I've heard of these things across the Libertarian front of economics, I hope it's a good piece of talk
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:17:13am: thanks ^w^
Akiyama @ 7:17:15am: All the way to this post, even
Akiyama @ 7:17:23am: now, goodnight!
Armed Floatzel* @ 7:17:28am: night :3

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 12, 2011 at 10:51:00 PM.