Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 9, 2012, 04:45:33 PM
Servine

Default The Wheel of Fate is turning. Let's rock!

Caw! Caw! Caw! Caw! Caw! JUST WAKE UP ALREADY!

Madoka's alarm clock yelled at him to get up. A loud groan came out from under the safety of piles of blankets. He grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at the annoying device, silencing it. "Five more minutes..." The boy heard his name called from downstairs. "Five more minutes... please...." Madoka basically shrugs off the attempts to get him out of the bed. If there was one thing he liked as much as cake, it was sleeping. For long periods of time.
Old November 10, 2012, 04:15:21 AM
Shaymin

The alarm set for the weekend squawked straight at 8:30. A pillar of light glistened through the only window in the room, it ended at the foot of the bed. The room was a spacious room for one person it contained a Desktop Computer, a Wii, a TV, and a bed all just for Madoka. The room was painted a light blue with an ambitious shade of the same color for the carpet. The door leading down the hall, to the stairs, was right open allowing the sounds of the morning in the household to flow in with ease. You could here the stove had something sizzling one it, hopefully food.
Old November 10, 2012, 06:24:41 AM
Servine

Madoka continued to stubbornly refuse to get up... until the scent of a special something caught his attention. "Is that... volcano bakemeat!? But mom only makes it for breakfast on special occasions..." He jolts up, quickly pulling on a pair of his pants and his orange-collared white shirt, running down the stairs. He almost runs over the house pet, a Linoone that belonged to his father. "Sorry Nutters!" Madoka swiftly takes a seat in which a plate of food is already fixed for him. "Alright!" But before he chows down, he sees his parents looking at him. "... W-what did I d-do wr-wrong?" Then they laughed.

"Nothing, Madoka." His mother said, her lovely chocolate eyes gleaming. "We just wanted to tell you... we think it's time for you to start a Pokemon journey." Madoka chokes on a piece of his food for a second.

"W-what?!" Is the only coherent thing that came out of his mouth. His mother rubbed his back.

"Well, it's just... when we were your age, we started our journey. So we think you should start your's." Madoka is stunned into silence for a moment. "Don't worry. We'll have your back the entire time. And if you ever get a bit homesick, you can call us." Then he starts thinking.

"Alright, I'll do it." Meanwhile, Linoone had stolen his breakfast, chowing down on the patty greedily. Madoka wasted no time, grabbing his better clothes, his pack, and started to walk out the door.

"Wait, Madoka!" His mother stopped him and gave him a small gem that reminded him of the colors of a sunset. "It's my lucky charm. It doesn't have a use, but I always wore it with me, no matter what. I love you, honey." She kisses his head and puts the charm around his neck. "We're so proud of you." Madoka nodded, a new determination in his eyes. He grabbed his headphones, put them around his neck, and left for a new journey.
Old November 10, 2012, 06:38:52 AM
Shaymin

Outside Madoka's house.
Madoka lived on the far side of town next to the tiny, but well maintained farmers market. He had a house by the small lake that Oldoak town owned. It was home to the few water and grass pokemon around the area. The Pokemon Lab the Professor Storax resided in was all the way across town, but that was only 5 blocks. You could barely see it from his house, because it was right at the end of the towns dirt roadway. The weather was nice like it usually was here in Oldoak; Moderately hot with a slit breeze, but the hotness didn't really matter with the shade of the tall oak trees surrounding the town. Since it was so nice out many people were shopping, doing yard work, washing the house, and other chores/tasks. His neighbor Eleanor, a young teacher from the school, was outside and noticed the boy. "Hey Madoka, how are you?"
Old November 10, 2012, 07:01:27 AM
Servine

Madoka waved at his neighbor. "O-oh, hey Miss Eleanor. I'm going to get my first Pokemon." Then he walks over to her. "U-uhm... I do have a question... which Pokemon do you think I should get... or would f-fit me?" He scratches the back of his head. "Honestly I never thought about it."
Old November 10, 2012, 07:08:38 AM
Shaymin

Eleanor kinted her hose that she was watering flowers with and thought. "Honestly, you should go there are find out. There are many pokemon for you to choose one and you will know when you see it, I am sure of it." She smiled with confidence that she said it as she had planned. Though her window peaked a little Lillipup who barked at the sight of a visitor. "I know you will choose the right one, they all are very good pokemo. I hope you have fun on your journey." She said. She know that he must be really eager to go and start the journey so she made the farewell short and simple for both of their sake.
Old November 10, 2012, 07:23:39 AM
Servine

Madoka snorts for a second. "Thank you, ma'am. I'll see you, maybe!" He started to sprint to the lab, now even more excited then he was. "First Pokemon..." Once he saw the lab he ran to the door, swinging it open. "Hello? I-I'm a new t-trainer..."
Old November 10, 2012, 07:48:48 AM
Shaymin

Inside the lab was an amazing sight. Metallic, shiny everything all over the room! The were machines lining the walls, all of them having a strange look and cool function. The back wall of the square building was all lined by desks and table. At the middle desk was a man with a youthful face and a nice stature. He looked maybe 34, pretty young to be a professor. He spun around in his spinny chair and looked at Madoka. "Well hello! Are you Madoka? Your mother told me that you would be coming today." He got up out of his chair and approached him. The passes a few strange machines that made noises and sounds on the way to him.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 10, 2012 at 07:49:04 AM.
Old November 10, 2012, 08:27:38 AM
Servine

Madoka nodded. "Oh... y-yeah, I'm Madoka." He blushes and stumbled around. "I can't wait to get a Pokemon.... I'm just not sure which one to choose." He bites his lip and sucks on it. "Sorry, I'm really nervous."
Old November 10, 2012, 08:57:54 AM
Shaymin

"Haha, just settle down now. I dont hand over my Pokemon over to just anyone. So, no to stress you out any more, but what do you plan to do whenever you get your pokemon?" The professor suddenly looked about 10 years older than he is because of the heavy seriousness that came over him so quickly. He walked back over to the desk he was sitting at before and pulled up a second chair and sat at one of them and gave Madoka a signal to sit in the other.
Old November 10, 2012, 09:06:13 AM
Servine

He sat down in the other chair, putting his hands in his lap. "Well... I... I want to change. For the better." His eyes focus on the ground. "All of my life I've been this shy, timid kid. I was thinking that a journey would help prove that I'm something more." Madoka then sits up, staring at him. "I want to travel the world and see what's out there besides my own life. I want to grow braver too. I want to be... something. Famous, maybe, along with my Pokemon. I think what I mean is... I don't want to be alone anymore. I know I'll be leaving my family, but I'll feel like my life is fulfilled. So, Professor, that is what I plan on doing once I get a Pokemon."
Old November 10, 2012, 09:10:52 AM
Shaymin

He smiled at the answer, it really was a lot better than what a lot of the kids say around him. "Wow, I think you really mean it when you say that, and so I trust you, and I have an idea that you will do just fine with a pokemon. That gives me a few ideas about what you could do after you get a pokemon." He walked up from his chair and went to the corner where a cart was at. He brought it over the Madoka and displayed 18 pokeballs infront of him. "These are 18 pokemon that you may like, and they all have labels so if you have any ideas you can just ask to see the pokemon. "
Old November 10, 2012, 09:18:16 AM
Servine

Madoka let out a sigh of relief. "Alright... now for the hard part." He stood up to each Pokeball, studying them. What if I made a bad choice? Could I come back and change it? What if they don't like me or run away? He shook those thoughts away and grabbed one. "This is my new partner." He clicked the button as a small yellow and blue mammal appeared. "Aw, it's cute." He strokes its back. "It's a Cyndaquil, right?"
Old November 10, 2012, 09:29:10 AM
Shaymin

"Yup that is what the label on the ball says. And if you want you may have it,just make sure that this is the one that you want." He cleared his throat a little. "So what are you going to name him?" Before Professor Storax told Madoka what he should do he just wanted to lighten the oh-so heavy air around them.
Old November 10, 2012, 09:34:31 AM
Servine

"Dante. Because even if we travel through Hell itself, we'll make it out at the end, right bud?" The Pokemon pawed at his hand until Madoka put the Pokemon on his head. He made what sounded like purring as soon as he did this.
Old November 10, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
Shaymin

"What a great name." Defaultly he admired the name. "And here are somethings that might help you after this." Storax reached into is labcoat-pocket and grabbed a handful of items. "Here are 6 PokeBalls along with 2 potions, they are for you." He held his hand over Madoka's and handed them to him. "I suggest that you go and and train your new Pokemon, find out what he is like, what he is good at. You should try and build a connection with your pokemon as soon as you can, or he might rebel. Some places you might want to train are the pond or on the route between Paradora City and here. By the way, the route is just next to this building if you didn't know." He said this in a really routine voice and manner.
Old November 10, 2012, 04:27:40 PM
Servine

His face turns startled. "R-rebel?" He felt Dante nuzzle against him and he calms down. "Alright. Just gain a bond with my Pokemon." He smiled and shook the professor's hand. "It was a pleasure meeting you. I thank you for this gift..." Madoka checked to see that he had everything and left. "Now it's the beginning of the rest of my life." He started to pick up a steady pace until he started to reach the town limits. "Ready, bud?" Dante chirped. "Then let's do this..."
Old November 11, 2012, 07:22:33 AM
Shaymin

The route was just adjacent to the lab, which is fortunate for new trainers. The route is one of the longest in the region, so it will definitely take about 4 hours to cross if you are on a good pace. The whole route was surrounded by forest thriving with life, but was dark on the inside. The route itself was lively too, people of all ages were walking the route; Some on bikes, some jogging, and some walking. Along the border of the route were a few metal benches where a few people sat.
Old November 11, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
Servine

Madoka groaned and sat down after a while. "Man, no Pokemon... and we've been out here for..." He looks at his watch. "Fifteen minutes." He scratches Dante's head. "We need a pal to keep you company."
Old November 15, 2012, 04:55:11 PM
Shaymin

(I said that the f.rest is lively with pokemon. Not the dirt path. Also, you need to add content. You can't just mention you were walking and say you want pokemon.)
Through the mid hours of the route many people walked. A young boy and girl, about 15, sat on one of the metal benches on the border of the road. They say smiling over their little conversation. A young man about 17 walked past Madoka with a large sling over his shoulder. He seemed to be struggling with it, it kind of wobbled as he walked. A women about the age of Madoka by in the same direction as him.

The forest side was only a shroud to what was in the inside. Life was amazing abundant on the other side of the blanket. when it was all silent on the road, you could hear all the motion inside. It was an experience just to bask in it.
Old November 25, 2012, 08:11:59 AM
Servine

(Oh, I derp'd, sorry lol.)

Madoka watched the others bike down the road ahead of him. He would use a bike but... he prefers motorcycles. The road was lively today, and it made him feel less alone... though he wasn't alone because of Dante. He planted his feet down in front of him and took a deep breath. "Okay... let's try something..." Then he takes a step off the path, headed to the forest. "Man, it's pretty in here..." He didn't even think of possibly getting lost by now, too stunned that he never went in here before.
Old November 25, 2012, 10:05:53 AM
Shaymin

At an cracks or holes in the "canopy" the sun burst through. The beams of light made the leftover morning precipitation glisten. It was actually very beautiful. This part of the forest wasn't thick, but abundant with thin, fruitful (with leaves) trees. The forest was silent all around. Occasionally you might hear a chirp or a crack, but other than that the stillness was deadly. Madoka did something brave by just stepping into a forest. There could be anyone or anything living in these forests, but that was better not thought of. Madoka had ventured into the wilderness not thinking about the direction or caring about where he was heading. Only 15 minutes into his forest outing did he find something. It wasn't a pokemon, but it was a path. A tiny, but continuing, dirt path slivered the forest. It looked like it may have been used weekly, but hard to tell. No footprints were found on it.